2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Devil_Abroad

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Or Jeff Ulmer - both already signed I think - Bentivoglio 3 or so weeks ago - Ulmer last weekend - of course this is my view only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have Hope#35

Unlikely that Ulmer is a done deal! Bentivoglio has started following Red Army Travel, Cardiff Devils Red Army, Ice Time TV and Hotham in the last 48hrs or so on Twitter and that's to go with Cardiff Devils, Todd Kelman, Lordo and Dease who he started following a few weeks ago. It could just be a rival team encouraging him to trick everyone but I think that's unlikely, my money would be on him!

Devil_Abroad

Look who Ulmer is now following after meeting up with owners in Calgary last weekend - our good friend Dave confirmed more than once last night he's coming

Have Hope#35

Devil_Abroad said:
Look who Ulmer is now following after meeting up with owners in Calgary last weekend - our good friend Dave confirmed more than once last night he's coming

No he didn't... He hinted more than once or twice that we were likely trying to get him after the Owners met him last week at the stampede! No surprise Ulmer is now following them, they're contacts.

Devil_Abroad

He did - I posted his name - he said yes - another posted his name - he said yes again

Have Hope#35

Devil_Abroad said:
He did - I posted his name - he said yes - another posted his name - he said yes again

I agree... But what he said yes to was the reference to the name! He was referring to Cardiff having spending clout by 'going' for a top end player but wouldn't say the name, there was no mention of him being signed! We may well get him but it's not a definite like you think it is.

Devil_Abroad

Have Hope#35 said:
Devil_Abroad said:

I agree... But what he said yes to was the reference to the name! He was referring to Cardiff having spending clout by 'going' for a top end player but wouldn't say the name, there was no mention of him being signed! We may well get him but it's not a definite like you think it is.
oh my bad sorry

Have Hope#35

Devil_Abroad said:
Have Hope#35 said:
Devil_Abroad said:

oh my bad sorry

I wasn't after an apology... I just think what Simms said was slightly misinterpreted! We may pull it off and sign Ulmer but Simms definitely didn't say that the contract was signed, sealed and delivered ;)

Devil_Abroad

I know, but I like to put my hands up when I'm in the wrong [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Temme

ASHIPP said:
Belfast to sign an import netminder, Jackson Whistle to be backup.

Murphy rumoured to be going to Fife or Braehead.
I know this is rumours, so no foundation to what I say; but Whistle's stats in the WHL aren't that of a goalie that would settle for a back-up role.

In fact, his stats at his age are that of a goalie that is far above our league standard.

If they do sign him, that would be one HELL of a signing, and a top top goalie to boot.

Again though, I have no evidence for any of this, I know he is rumoured there but surely he will be their starting goalie.

ASHIPP said:
Belfast to sign an import netminder, Jackson Whistle to be backup.

Murphy rumoured to be going to Fife or Braehead.
Whistle is a "Brit" for EIHL purposes (due to his training with Bracknell)

Simms also said Murphy isn't leaving Belfast

I'd say Whistle edging the number 1 slot, Murph as experienced back up and probably Dickson or a Jr Giant as 3rd.

Murphy had a baby last year and with his numerous injuries I suspect he's looking to scale back his hockey commitments so working in a back up role but still being involved at a high level will suit him.

His experience will also be a great help for Whistle

Devil_Abroad

Wow - so Brit goalie better than all the imports already here? Good job Giants. Still, we have the best :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP said:
Better tell the Calgary Flames fans...they will be pretty upset!
Unfortunately for Big Ern, fans aren't the ones who decide where he plays. Obviously he was with their organisation for a few years and did a great deal of charity and community work, plus being their tough guy, he was always going to be a popular figure amongst them.

His contract with Anaheim has just expired, and It's no secret that his role in the NHL is dying out, plus he will be 35 come the start of the season.

Now don't get me wrong he's had a decent year at the San Diego Gulls, however his +/- of -17 doesn't make good reading.

He's friendly with our owners, and a few players and at this stage in his career, it's not totally farfetched to think we could be in with a shot at signing a player looking to prove he's more than just a pair of fists.

I'm not saying he's signing at all, but I don't think it's totally unreasonable to think we might be in with a chance.

...if people had been mentioning Sidney Crosby, then I could totally understand why you would shut them down, but for now let's just enjoy the uncertainty the offseason brings.