2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

Devils86

Struggling to think but there was a ridiculously good forward in the CHL who had a similar name. May well be the same guy but if so surprised he ended up at Clan

Mazzoak

Sounds like it was a bit more than money driving this one. Steve's comment of "travel restrictions and vaccine requirements" is an interesting one and may be I'm reading way too much in to but may be Haddad hasn't been or doesn't want to be jabbed.
Money always solves problems.

This is an excuse, not a very good one, as the alternative is to be perceived as a bit of a greedy t...t. We are all assuming the Lord move & taking players to Greenville was amicable, it may well have been in light of Covid or maybe the club wanted players to remain in contract in Cardiff.......
Looking back at the discussions few years before Covid regarding the Lord ethos, the club ethos and the reality of what happened on ice that contradicted that ethos, it’s pretty obvious the changing room, manager meeting reality may have been bumpy and not as amicable as portrayed in public. That wouldn’t be so unusual having two ex players with strong personalities & ambition, clashes in strategy aren’t surprising.

Ocko

This is an excuse, not a very good one, as the alternative is to be perceived as a bit of a greedy t...t. We are all assuming the Lord move & taking players to Greenville was amicable, it may well have been in light of Covid or maybe the club wanted players to remain in contract in Cardiff.......
Looking back at the discussions few years before Covid regarding the Lord ethos, the club ethos and the reality of what happened on ice that contradicted that ethos, it’s pretty obvious the changing room, manager meeting reality may have been bumpy and not as amicable as portrayed in public. That wouldn’t be so unusual having two ex players with strong personalities & ambition, clashes in strategy aren’t surprising.
Sorry but that comes across like a massive load of irrelevant waffle.

Firstly ECHL salaries are terrible. There would be no chance the typical salary for a top player in the EIHL being somewhere in the region of £1-1.5k would be matched in the ECHL. For Joey Haddad to get more than what he would demand in the EIHL he would have to heard 2-3 times more than the average player and take up 15-20% of the teams maximum salary cap and that is assumin Greenville are even hitting the max salary, they aren’t a rich team. So sorry, but you are talking crap if you think it’s a money thing.

Also interested to know; what was the Lord ethos that was contradicted on the ice? And what clashes in strategy are there between ex players that are relevant to Joey staying in Greenville?

Mazzoak

No it absolutely wouldn’t. If you think playing in the ECHL earns more than being even an average EIHL player then you are very, very off the mark and have little knowledge of the ECHL - especially a team like Greenville. Haddad would’ve made a lot more money in the EIHL for sure.
Really. Greenville have new ambitious owners. Affiliated to Florida in November last yr, so yeah Greenville can splash out on a few stars.
The weekly salary cap in the ECHL for 2021-22 is $14,400 per week for the first 30 days of the season and $13,900 per week for the balance of the season. The weekly salary floor is $10,600. The EIHL cap is rumoured to be £8000 a week.
Professional Hockey Player salaries at Greenville Swamp Rabbits can range from $2,413-$2,595. This estimate is based upon 1 Greenville Swamp Rabbits Professional Hockey Player salary report.
Yes, all Googled because breaching confidentiality clauses and releasing pay scales isn’t going to happen on the net.

Last edited:

Finny

I’ve read this post several times now and each time it makes less sense than it did previously.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’ve mistyped something and give you the opportunity to clarify what you mean.

Wannabe2

I’ve read this post several times now and each time it makes less sense than it did previously.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’ve mistyped something and give you the opportunity to clarify what you mean.
I read it 4 times, and got more confused after every read so gave up.

Ocko

Really. Greenville have new ambitious owners. Affiliated to Florida in November last yr, so yeah Greenville can splash out on a few stars.
The weekly salary cap in the ECHL for 2021-22 is $14,400 per week for the first 30 days of the season and $13,900 per week for the balance of the season. The weekly salary floor is $10,600. The EIHL cap is rumoured to be £8000 a week.
Professional Hockey Player salaries at Greenville Swamp Rabbits can range from $2,413-$2,595. This estimate is based upon 1 Greenville Swamp Rabbits Professional Hockey Player salary report.
Yes, all Googled because breaching confidentiality clauses and releasing pay scales isn’t going to happen on the net.
I think you’ve got your weeks and months a little confused. $2413-$2595 is per month. If that was the estimate in line with the salary cap Greenville would be icing 5 players per week.

It’s pretty clear there is much more money to be made in the EIHL.

Gaz G

When do we think the next announcement will be?

Surprised there hasn't been more chat about Matty Myers. If he doesn't return I'll be sad to see him go. A serial winner.

august04 2.0

I hope we announce the remaining players today. I’m not sure why we'd want to wait and carry on drip feeding signing announcements. Skalde arrives this weekend, players are getting back on the ice, restrictions are coming to an end. Let’s get on with it.