2024/2025 season ticket

Wannabe2

That’s what everyone is waiting for, not new members telling us the reason, and we don’t even know who they are, what they know, and how they know.

That’s what everyone is waiting for, not new members telling us the reason, and we don’t even know who they are, what they know, and how they know.
I’m not a new member, I’ve been a member on here since 2015 I just don’t post much on here, how I know about this is because I had a meeting with Katrina during the second period break on Wednesday, she also said that they are going to put something up on social media when it’s all calmed down because they don’t want the backlash, but the sooner they release the information the better.

Wannabe2

I actually don’t want a healthy discount, and totally understand the club needs an increase to stay competitive, I just don’t want to be DISCRIMINATED against. Increase the price of every ticket the same, then the club gets an increase and we get a fair result, as have been said a percentage increase across the board don’t work, but a ticket increase for everyone does. So just waiting for the explanation now.

Have Hope#35

Seems like a fair way to justify it if everyone gets the same level of incentive for the various price points! It may result in different % increases but sometimes that's just the way it falls. I have to decide myself whether or not I can afford the uplift... that's on me and not the club though!

doron

" they are going to put something up on social media when it’s all calmed down because they don’t want the backlash "

can't they see?. it will never calm down if they don't explain it officially. if the explanation above is correct, i don't see the problem, why is there dead silence? from the club. Because as it stands the club looks like it doesn't care, bad P.R.

" they are going to put something up on social media when it’s all calmed down because they don’t want the backlash "

can't they see?. it will never calm down if they don't explain it officially. if the explanation above is correct, i don't see the problem, why is there dead silence? from the club. Because as it stands the club looks like it doesn't care, bad P.R.
”They don’t want the backlash!"?

Have they not taken any learnings from the "Re-brand" debacle?
It’s all about communication!

We were all expecting an ST price increase and I dare say the vast majority of us understand the economic case for an increase, however the increase looks discriminatory towards the Senior/disabled ST holders.
Regardless of the club’s reasoning behind the larger percentage increase for the seniors and disabled ST holders, it should have been explained at the time, at the very least.

After all it’s only this small group who appear to be discriminated against and the Club know exactly who they are and have their contact details on file.

Surely wouldn’t it have been far better to email this minority of ST holders with an explanatory message before or at the very least coinciding the general release of information on the website?
Surely, that’s just good business practice?
Surely, not to do so has created this so called backlash the Club are allegedly afraid of?

Read the room, step out of the echo chamber and listen to "the mood music" once in a while!

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Thank goodness for that. Maybe the pitchforks can be put away for a week or two.
Hardly pitchforks.
People felt they were being discriminated against, (and that is how it appeared) and wanted an explanation from the Club as the business logic behind increase on the Senior/Disabled ST price.

The Club has now released a statement explaining the rationale behind the price rises, for which I am grateful.
That is all people wanted, an explanation.
One can’t help feeling that if they had communicated this a couple of weeks ago when ticket prices were released all the anguish could have been saved!

Last edited:
Hardly pitchforks.
People felt they were being discriminated against, (and that is how it appeared) and wanted an explanation from the Club as the business logic behind increase on the Senior/Disabled ST price.
I get that but did people really think that the club would really charge a group of people more than others ( as I agree, it did seem that way) and not have a logical reason ?

Whilst the club have issued what they consider is an explanation as to why the season tickets have been structured the way they have for the coming season, they have in doing so, admitted they are taking Direct Discrimination against Seniors and Disabled Season Ticket Holders - which is in breach of the Equalities Act 2010.

kettdevil1

Whilst the club have issued what they consider is an explanation as to why the season tickets have been structured the way they have for the coming season, they have in doing so, admitted they are taking Direct Discrimination against Seniors and Disabled Season Ticket Holders - which is in breach of the Equalities Act 2010.
I beg to disagree Judge Judy..... and frankly I think this is an early contender for 'Most Bonkers Post of 2024'

Pricing is not covered in this way as otherwise you would have to charge everyone exactly the same. If the club had said there are different prices for various ethnic groups.... now that would be a breach.....

Right, as you were.