4pm face off

Status
Not open for further replies.

d20

The way some are moaning on here I would imagine they will keep it as it is not to upset them but that will have a big affect on the people with families and young children ,not that they seem to care about it as long as it stays as it is which is a shame.

Families mean at least on average group of 4-5 people which is a good number times a few compared to single people or a couple who cant make the game and its a big difference in relation to money and bums on seats .

I don't believe cancelling a season ticket is silly. If i were to cancel because i work until 5 on a sunday then I'd go to as many games on a game by game basis. 6 games is a fair chunk of games which I or anyone else in my position would be paying for not to attend.

I'm not moaning because its a bad idea, I'd just loved to have known before paying for my ticket.

august04

Sliput said:
august04 said:
Glynne isn't the issue here. The issue is that the club should have made people aware of this fundamental change before asking them 2 months ago to commit to a 30 game season ticket (not 24, with 6 wasted for those who can't attend Sunday games at 4). Next season should remain at 6pm. If they want to change to 4pm, advertise that fact at the end of next season so that season ticket purchasers can decide whether they still want to commit on that basis. That's the right way to treat people/customers.
They havent changed anything !!

People are getting het up over a suggestion. TK and the others will look into it and do what is best for the club , not inividuals.
Well actually they did!
From the Devils website:
Todd Kelman explained the decision to change the face-off times on Sundays:
"We have decided to try an earlier face-off on Sundays once we move to the new arena because a 4pm face-off gives people more of an opportunity to make the game and still be home for 7pm or 7:30pm".

It's only because of the reaction that they're reconsidering.

Ths situation where the main campaigner who has unselfishly used his own time over a number of years can no longer go to see his team in the new arena but thats ok because it suits you, as I have said previously it wont affect me either way and I am not adverse to changes but to some these changes will affect their whole Devils experience and they should have been informed before forking out for season tickets
Imagine how Moses felt!!

Disaster for me & my partner who're both ST holders. More Saturdays aren't an issue but 4pm Sunday FO means a mad rush for me most weeks and my girlfriend wont be able to make the game at all (except the last period maybe) as she works till 5pm on a Sunday and rushes to make a 6pm face off.
As people say, would've been nice to be consulted as wouldn't have renewed the season ticket as it's not viable.

Very disappointed. While it may be nice for a few who have nothing to do on a Sunday, it punishes many other loyal season ticket holders who have to work or have other commitments on Sundays! Really unfair.
Sunday has always been hockey NIGHT & this feels like a dated step backwards.

On the face of it sunday 4pm must have sounded good, however, in reality 6pm IMHO is much better for families too.

I have been a season ticket holder since day one, my wife since 1987, my eldest daughter has followed the Devils since birth, and is even planning to go to university in a hockey town (although not Cardiff) and my youngest went to her first game at age 3 days.

Throughout their lives the 6pm face off time has not been inconvenient or detrimental to their education or school work. The devils whilst being a very important part of thier lives is not the only activity.
Dance, Swimming etc all take place on weekends (including practices on the sunday afternoon for shows, tests and exams etc and all finish at or after the proposed face off time. I cannot simply stop them doing these activities (particularly when a show is coming up they are a requirement).

Family parties also tend to be on sundays, the grandparent get annoyed now because of our hockey commitments on the evening, god knows how they'll react to sunday afternoons.

Not to mention many of my youngest daughters friends birthday parties are on weekends often on sundays and again cant deny her understandable wish to go to her friends parties.

My eldest has started to do some weekend work to give her experience, she has to be taken and picked up, shops and cafe close at 4pm, she cant simply say no to the work or her employer will get someone who can work till 4pm.

I cant be the only father who will have this problem.

For those who can shallow missing 6 games, good for you but with four tickets each game, its one hell of alot of money to lose. I'm committed this year and hopefully the activities, practices and parties fall on unaffected dates, but for next season, how many more 4pm games will there be then.

After so many seasons and with the enjoyment of the new arena, I can understand trying to entice more people including families into the bigger facility but I don't see 4pm as having the effect the club think it will, we as committed fans will have trouble doing this long term as season ticket holders, newbies I believe will be put off by the face off time (perhaps not as one games) but it wont entice them as season tickets holders.

Please Todd, I understand the thought behind it but you should have consulted the fans a little more.

From very long term and committed fan and father of two.

ASHIPP

d20 said:
The way some are moaning on here I would imagine they will keep it as it is not to upset them but that will have a big affect on the people with families and young children ,not that they seem to care about it as long as it stays as it is which is a shame.

Families mean at least on average group of 4-5 people which is a good number times a few compared to single people or a couple who cant make the game and its a big difference in relation to money and bums on seats .
Actually d20 if you read the thread all the way, there are several mentions from angry fans that are families/friends in numbers who will be affected by a decision to change the face off time.
Reading the website blurb it seems as much to do with attracting NEW fans as mentioning the convenience for families that currently go to Sunday games. Pity the same consideration wasnt afforded to dedicated fans who might be deprived of watching the sport they love....or people who have already commited to season tickets.

pjj365

Ocko said:
Although people are obviously Albert annoyed at now being consulted prior to the tickets, and rightly so to an extent. Castle by aside personal preference what's people's opinions on whether this is better for the future of the club?

IMO it's better for the marketability of the club. It's a tough gig to try and sell a late rainy Sunday night (which inevitably most are thought the season) that it is to sell a Sunday afternoon. Add in the family equation where a 1800-1830 finish is within almost all parents tolerance of their children being out late.

From what Todd said Nottingham were able to see increases, there is no reason why we shouldn't. If it's in the interests of the club surely that's a good thing right?
What is this about increasing the gate How many Sunday (rainy and cold ones) were there last year? I understand there is a need to build on last year to fill the extra seats But I understod 15/16 was to be a season of consolidation not change
Personally I like 4pm (and I have no kids or work commitments) but it is sad (and I mean that) to see the impact on good loyal fans of long standing
let's hope an acceptable compromise can be reached

ASHIPP said:
d20 said:

Actually d20 if you read the thread all the way, there are several mentions from angry fans that are families/friends in numbers who will be affected by a decision to change the face off time.
Reading the website blurb it seems as much to do with attracting NEW fans as mentioning the convenience for families that currently go to Sunday games. Pity the same consideration wasnt afforded to dedicated fans who might be deprived of watching the sport they love....or people who have already commited to season tickets.

It will also attract more away support by being 4 pm which whilst creating a good atmosphere back and forth between fans it may not have the effect of making away players feel as intimidated as they do in a full tent. Home fans need to be looked after first and some of the arguments used like selling a cold rainy night in Cardiff Bay are a bit flawed, the new arena has heating in it :D and hopefully no big puddles in the car park

Ejercito Rojas said:
Ths situation where the main campaigner who has unselfishly used his own time over a number of years can no longer go to see his team in the new arena but thats ok because it suits you, as I have said previously it wont affect me either way and I am not adverse to changes but to some these changes will affect their whole Devils experience and they should have been informed before forking out for season tickets
Imagine how Moses felt!!

Did he buy a season ticket? no because he is a ficticious character in an old book

d20 said:
any amount of earlier time for a family is a help ,I took my boys on sundays and missed some games because of school and when games finish late due to OT or pens sometimes my boys arent in bed till 9.30-10.00 before a school night plus I am also in work at 6 am so early FO suit me, but I would also like to see what the club can do with regards the things they want to do before and after games .
So lets get this right your boys might still not be in bed till 9.30-10.00 if you want to see what the club will do after games?
I actually think a sensible comprise going forward would be 5pm but for the season after this one, after all season tickets for this coming season have been purchased in good faith.

In the ST Terms & Conditions does it mention face off times or Midweek, Saturday or Sunday fixtures answer No, we normally all sign up before fixtures are announced. For me personally it doesn't bother whether it's a 4pm, 5pm or 6pm face off time, however what does bother me is midweek fixtures whereby if I want to go to the game I have to make other arrangements whether time off or annual leave! It is difficult to please everyone in today's society but looking forward to the season whatever time face off is on 22nd August.

For me the only acceptable compromise would be to leave the faceoff at 6pm and thrash this out off season next year. People have bought season tickets with this FO time in mind, and if the Club wanted to change then they really should have put their cards on the table before people renewed.

Maybe next season they should wait until the fixtures come out before they ask people to part with their cash. That way people can make their own minds up if they want to commit to a season ticket or not. For me this is a big own goal by the club and could cost them many faithful fans. The very fans that kept the club going during some very difficult seasons.

As was mentioned earlier will we have enough Stewards and Off Ice Officials if we implement this change?

Diafol

Personally I'm pleased with more Saturdays, as the availability of public transport means I can relax and enjoy the game with a few beers (no such luxuries on a Sunday).

The 4pm starts won't really affect me but I do think it's a bit naughty of the club to spring this on people only after they've shelled out for season tickets.

Sheincar

I hope that all those people who are pleased at the 4pm FO will step up to become stewards and match night volunteers, because I for one have no intention of being at the rink at 2.30 for a game.

pjj365

Sheincar said:
I hope that all those people who are pleased at the 4pm FO will step up to become stewards and match night volunteers, because I for one have no intention of being at the rink at 2.30 for a game.
Happy to volunteer

Ocko

It's actually only 100 or so people so far who have commented or tweeted that it really effects them. If we gained 200 regulars would it be worth it?

Finny

Looking on the positive side however, all these people cancelling should mean I'm up to #5 on 'the list' when it comes to choosing our new season tickets seats............

august04

Ocko said:
It's actually only 100 or so people so far who have commented or tweeted that it really effects them. If we gained 200 regulars would it be worth it?
That's just the kind of response I would have anticipated from our previous owners. Let's hope the current ownership group have a little more understanding. I have 4 season tickets, so multiply me x4.
Get the product right on the ice (again) and you'll have no problems filling the new arena. Simple as that.

Gaz G

I wasn't taking the piss earlier. If the trading laws are changed as suggested in the budget this week....what are the owners going to do?

The sport is no doubt growing in cardiff but the owners can't sit still and not look to the future. This is a team that will hopefully still be in existence in 30 years time. It's not all about the old guard who have supported the Devils since day one. In 30 years time many of these people may well be 6 feet under. Myself included.

A new rink, a new breed of fans etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.