4pm face off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocko

I'm not saying it was right or wrong, was genuinely asking the question as personally I prefer 4pm, but that's my preference. On a moral and what's best for the Devils sense, I'm not too sure.

Just make it 5pm instead :mrgreen:
We all know some people will like 4pm n some will like 6pm theres nothing the club can do about that,

Stop moaning devils fans we have had 6pm faceoffs for years now.

Sheincar

pjj365 said:
Sheincar said:
I hope that all those people who are pleased at the 4pm FO will step up to become stewards and match night volunteers, because I for one have no intention of being at the rink at 2.30 for a game.
Happy to volunteer
Suggest you pass your name onto Todd so he can take you up on that.

It is a difficult one for the club, some families with younger children will prefer 4 pm whilst some with teenagers with weekend jobs will prefer the 6 pm and of course as the children get older the preferences will change. With more weekend working being included in work contracts as time goes on perhaps leaving it as it is will become the best option.

Individual circumstances will dictate the preferences, the senior citizen fans like PLT :lol: may want the earlier times so they can get home for their cocoa and slippers early wheras in the past he may have stayed till the bar closed eg I used to finish work at 4 pm in Bristol, rush back to Bridgend collect the family and still make face off at 6 but now I no longer work Sundays so it doesn't make any difference to me and kids are old enough to drive themselves to games if they finish work in time

Be careful what you wish for because in the future you or members of your family may be affected by the 4 pm face offs

Gaz G

Gaz G said:
I wasn't taking the piss earlier. If the trading laws are changed as suggested in the budget this week....what are the owners going to do?

The sport is no doubt growing in cardiff but the owners can't sit still and not look to the future. This is a team that will hopefully still be in existence in 30 years time. It's not all about the old guard who have supported the Devils since day one. In 30 years time many of these people may well be 6 feet under. Myself included.

A new rink, a new breed of fans etc.
Only putting this out there again as it was the last post on the previous page. I genuinely want a reasonable answer/debate.

KaneDevils

Your not going to please everyone all of the time. No one has a divine right as a supporter depending on how many games they've been to.
The club have to do whats best for the club.

Simple as that.

Short term 4pm is bad for my family because it's less time at home before my little girl goes to bed but as she gets older it may mean she can watch Sunday games before bed.

I'm not in favour though as it leaves far less of Sunday available to do other things. 4pm wipes off most of Sunday afternoon and traffic will be busier as people drive home before dark during winter time.

What I'm really surprised about is the way this has been introduced. Devils new management are normally PR savy. This move is not. Changing times mid season after ST have been paid is daft. Survey STHolders, walk up ticket buyers, prospective new fans and then after carrying out the proper market research make a decision for the following season. That would be more prudent and make fans feel they have been included in the process.

icehockeymad said:
Just make it 5pm instead :mrgreen:
We all know some people will like 4pm n some will like 6pm theres nothing the club can do about that,

Stop moaning devils fans we have had 6 pm faceoffs for years now.
Could the club have gone for the two hour change so that they could be seen to be compromising when in fact they wanted a 5 pm face off all along

ASHIPP

KaneDevils said:
Your not going to please everyone all of the time. No one has a divine right as a supporter depending on how many games they've been to.
The club have to do whats best for the club.

Simple as that.
Many(including myself) dont see it quite like that. Many of us have already commited hard earned money in good faith based on certain information at the time.
That information has changed....the change was not revealed to fans prior to the offseason so we were not able to make an informed decision.

The faceoff time change will profoundly affect many fans' ability to get to and enjoyment of the sport they love. It's irrelevant whether we are longterm season ticket holders or newer fans. Only have to read the thread to see it's affecting people and groups across the board.

And it has raised other questions too like the availability of stewards and volunteers.

Unfortunately this is not our choice....it's a situation that may be forced on us.

This

KaneDevils

I bet most of you are there by 4,4-30 anyway supping beer(s)!! ;)
Is it really going to make that much of a difference? Nothings been set in stone anyway, has it?

Wannabe2

KaneDevils said:
Is it really going to make that much of a difference? Nothings been set in stone anyway, has it?
They don't let you in till 5 so that's out of the window.

voth26

Wannabe2 said:
Please don't keep using my name in this, I am entitled to my views the same as anyone else, I don't tell anyone how to react, so please don't tell me how to react, how I am feeling is how I am feeling that's for me to handle and has Jack All to do with anyone else. I pay for 3 tickets and missed a lot of games last season, that was down to me and I didn't have a problem with it the money was going to the club and I knew the score. This however is a totally different scenario for me,the goalposts have moved and that means we will miss anything from 18 games upwards between three of us. So that's it, I am not happy some are and that's there perogative.
+1

jimmy snels

KaneDevils said:
someone who doesn't work the weekends right there!

Yes 6 has always been the time. We paid for our tickets based on this. There was no fan consultation. We're a tight knit group and many of us have gone for years and experienced loads of highs and lows together. This type of stuff is DIVIDING though and completely stupid after all the highs of the last 12months. You can see the arguments starting already and the in fighting. After all the goodwill created and loyalty gained you do this? Just before the season? Once everyone has paid? :DWD

voth26

Ocko said:
It's actually only 100 or so people so far who have commented or tweeted that it really effects them. If we gained 200 regulars would it be worth it?
The difference would only be 100, because you would have lost the original 100. If you kept the original 100 and added 200 newbies that would be the better deal for the club, and that's direction the club should be looking to go to fill the new arena. 4pm fo would mean four of us would miss approximately 8/12 Sunday games due to work commitments, and most of Saturday games as well again as I work 3 out of 4 Saturdays. So just not worth it

Gaz G said:
The sport is no doubt growing in cardiff but the owners can't sit still and not look to the future. This is a team that will hopefully still be in existence in 30 years time. It's not all about the old guard who have supported the Devils since day one. In 30 years time many of these people may well be 6 feet under. Myself included.

A new rink, a new breed of fans etc.
Couldn't have written it better than this, but personally I'm not affected by the change so my opinion probably has less validity.

jimmy snels said:
KaneDevils said:
someone who doesn't work the weekends right there!

Yes 6 has always been the time. We paid for our tickets based on this. There was no fan consultation. We're a tight knit group and many of us have gone for years and experienced loads of highs and lows together. This type of stuff is DIVIDING though and completely stupid after all the highs of the last 12months. You can see the arguments starting already and the in fighting. After all the goodwill created and loyalty gained you do this? Just before the season? Once everyone has paid? :DWD
Did the ST application give Face off times ? Geniune question.

I do understand peoples frustration and think the club are a little naughty in changing it now but I do understand their reasoning. I dont think the club took their decision lightly, hopefully the will compensate the ST holders who are affected by this.

I can no longer attend the majority of home games due to work and the rising costs, yes i get fed up but it is what it is.

OK firstly 4pm start doesn't affect me but I can understand that there will be people it will affect some of whom have been very longstanding and loyal fans. A very long time ago (when I was living in Manchester) I was a ST holder at Storm who had a 5pm FO which was fine it gave us time to get to do things whilst getting back home at a reasonable time so 5 would be my favored time. Instead of getting so hot and bothered about this why don't we just wait and see what Todd and co come up with. He posted very early today saying he was listening and I believe he will come up with a good compromise for us all - that's what he does and that's what this organisation is all about. Roll on the new season and the first game is against the Storm :D :D :D

ASHIPP

voth26 said:
Ocko said:
It's actually only 100 or so people so far who have commented or tweeted that it really effects them. If we gained 200 regulars would it be worth it?
The difference would only be 100, because you would have lost the original 100. If you kept the original 100 and added 200 newbies that would be the better deal for the club, and that's direction the club should be looking to go to fill the new arena. 4pm fo would mean four of us would miss approximately 8/12 Sunday games due to work commitments, and most of Saturday games as well again as I work 3 out of 4 Saturdays. So just not worth it
If its only 100 people that is still £40000....a substantial ammount of money for some clubs. in this league.
And no guarantee that it would be recouped quickly by selling seats.

But don't forget that some of these 100 posters represent 3,4 or more who will be affected by a longterm change. Do the maths.

Can understand the frustration of ST holders who have already committed to the season and now might not be able to attend the games....guess the club should of given the heads up of possible changes to game nights.

Personally I welcome the earlier games on Sunday, no longer living locally it would mean I could attend Sunday games again.

Status
Not open for further replies.