4pm face off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not loving this club at the moment.After paying for all those games,club takes the money,and then decides to change times so people can't actually get to the games that they have paid for,feeling rather cheated to be honest.So don't speak for all Earnie.I know a lot of people who don't use the inferno,facebook and twitter who aren't happy because they just aren't able to get to the games and are very annoyed with this club for taking our money and not mentioning this to begin with.So at the moment,we are NOT loving Todd,Steve and gang.

Have Hope#35

devildiva said:
Not loving this club at the moment.After paying for all those games,club takes the money,and then decides to change times so people can't actually get to the games that they have paid for,feeling rather cheated to be honest.So don't speak for all Earnie.I know a lot of people who don't use the inferno,facebook and twitter who aren't happy because they just aren't able to get to the games and are very annoyed with this club for taking our money and not mentioning this to begin with.So at the moment,we are NOT loving Todd,Steve and gang.
Very much doubt that Steve & the Gang would have got involved with times for the games... This would be a decision that was likely made by Todd and it isn't even set in stone yet so why don't you wait until they've made a final decision on the time of the games!? In principle an earlier start is actually a better thing, they just wouldn't have realised how many people are actually working on a Sunday!

DevilDom

Just to reiterate the club have said they are looking at it again and have invited feedback. After the initial error I think they have dealt with it very well.

Finny

Due to the reaction it has provoked, I can't see them playing those Sunday games at 4pm this season.

My guess would be that they will run a survey in the first couple of months of the season to find out people's views. They'll then agree to keep it at 6pm for the rest of this season.

When they announce the following season's season tickets though they will point out in advance that they will be trialling a couple of different times.

have bought three season tickets block 14 , at the present time i will not be going due to waiting for treatment at the heath ,my wife can go,and invite a person to sit next to here if she wants to,but my daughter will not leave work in cardiff central until four pm .so it means my wife will not go on here own ,so it means,it might be three refunds,i do not mind paying for my seat as i think having mnl is worth the cost, but three empty seats no way, six pm please.

Skippy

DevilDom said:
Just to reiterate the club have said they are looking at it again and have invited feedback. After the initial error I think they have dealt with it very well.
People seem to want to ignore that bit for some reason

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ibbz9

For all those fans that have said 6pm has worked for all these years, perhaps that is true. However, 4pm has never been tried before. It may open up the game to hundreds/thousands of new fans that have always been put off by a 6pm f/o. Sure, the timing of the suggestion is poor but give credit to the Devils for making an announcement straight after the backlash. They also deserve credit for being bold enough to explore this avenue. It is a business at the end of the day.

Foxy

skippy said:
DevilDom said:

People not ignoring providing feedback as highlighted

A lot of the posts are talking as if the change has happened. Also, feedback was asked for by email, not 15 pages of the same posts worded slightly differently.

Have Hope#35

Foxy said:
skippy said:
DevilDom said:

People not ignoring providing feedback as highlighted
Some are... But most aren't!

Sliput

See !!!!!!

Talk about dummies out of prams, some people go on and on and on about how important THEY are to the club and at the first wobble the dummies are flung out of the pram .

Rather than wait for the official PR (even though it was annonced that the club were looking into the situation) they resort back to the Ragan days !!

As for the club, thanks for the clarification and the reasoning...here is to a great season :D

august04

zoesdevil said:
Let's hope all the criticism of the club is taken back now!!!

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/face-times-feedback/
Absolutely not. The club were wrong to make the change in that fashion in the first place and were rightly criticised. However, they have listened and reversed their decision and credit to them for that. But the initial criticism was justified and I'm glad to see that common sense has prevailed.

Sheincar

Finny said:
I can't believe people complained that the Scottish Triple Header was in December and not February! :lol:
Nor me! Edinburgh Christmas market for one thing! Expense before Christmas yes but plan ahead.

Have Hope#35

august04 said:
zoesdevil said:
Let's hope all the criticism of the club is taken back now!!!

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/face-times-feedback/
Absolutely not. The club were wrong to make the change in that fashion in the first place and were rightly criticised. However, they have listened and reversed their decision and credit to them for that. But the initial criticism was justified and I'm glad to see that common sense has prevailed.
They were wrong to announce six 4pm trials? Will people be as upset next season if a poll highlights a demand for earlier starts and they change the time prior to season ticket sales... You bet they will!

pjj365

Sliput said:
See !!!!!!

Talk about dummies out of prams, some people go on and on and on about how important THEY are to the club and at the first wobble the dummies are flung out of the pram .

Rather than wait for the official PR (even though it was annonced that the club were looking into the situation) they resort back to the Ragan days !!

As for the club, thanks for the clarification and the reasoning...here is to a great season :D
They official PR was that the club would listen. It was therefore important that feed back was provided (whatever the tone) or there would have been no change back to 6pm That official PR seems to hsve come out after the initial dummies were thrown.

As it is everyone should than Todd "the Listner" Kelman. Some clubs would have simply gone ahead despite the fans

Koop11

Sliput said:
See !!!!!!

Not sure that’s fair. The first official PR confirmed that 4pm was the new face off time so fans, most of whom had already brought their ST, were right to express their disappointment with the decision having not been officially consulted on. I would also add that it’s the strong reaction of many that has prompted the club to reconsider its decision.

With regard to this latest press release – very professional and understanding. It wouldn’t have been easy for the club to admit they probably made a mistake (not necessarily about the decision but how they went about it) but to have owners and management listen to its customers is very refreshing. Well done to them. Class in abundance.

Important to point out that the club have confirmed they will be considering face off times in the future so it’s not necessarily a case of 6pm forever. However, proper consultation and research into the impact of any such changes will better inform any future decision.

Must say,very happy with the clubs decision.I know people were saying wait for the club to decide,well,they had decided it was a four o clock start originally.It is only down to the reaction of fans complaining that has changed it. I am very happy that the club has gone back to six on a Sunday because that is why I have paid out over one and a half grand to watch ALL home games.Think it is inevitable that times will change for the following season which will stop us buying three season tickets but I will imagine that the club will tell us of this before buying and then we shall not buy them. More reason to make the most of this season for us I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.