Belfast Giants v Cardiff Devils - Sat 7pm - Chat/Updates

kettdevil1

Entertaining period, shame we conceded one near the end as to be honest we looked dominant apart from that moment.

Clueless commentators though...

kettdevil1 said:
Entertaining period, shame we conceded one near the end as to be honest we looked dominant apart from that moment.

I loved the discussion on how to pronounce Tyler Michel's name, you'd think they'd have done their research. To be honest I do find it annoying when people say peoples names wrong it is downright rude

kettdevil1

TheStub said:
Makes you pine for Simmsy :shock:
Steady on!!

You would have thought though that would get the basics right. Pronounciations are totally random, they don't see any of the penalties and there is no chemistry at all between them.

TheStub

cardiffdevil said:
kettdevil1 said:

I loved the discussion on how to pronounce Tyler Michel's name, you'd think they'd have done their research. To be honest I do find it annoying when people say peoples names wrong it is downright rude
What gets me, is they get their own players names wrong!!

But, how much effort does it take to nip to the dressing room and get a name check on the whole team? They do interviews with G anyway. The "colour" is just an ejit! No insight, or anything constructive to add...get someone else in the chair.

I can't imagine that the Giants fans are too impressed with their witterings (they seem to have no clue about what is happening with their team!).

TheStub

kettdevil1 said:
TheStub said:
Makes you pine for Simmsy :shock:
Steady on!!

You would have thought though that would get the basics right. Pronounciations are totally random, they don't see any of the penalties and there is no chemistry at all between them.
For all you say about Simmsy, he actually gets the basics right. Even when the calls are going Sheffield's way, he will question bad calls.

OK, most what leaves his mouth is drivel, but at least he has some semblance of knowledge :lol:

Don't get me wrong, he is no Brent ;)

TheStub

Watching it, I didn't think either of them landed a punch. McMallow looked very fetching with all the comedy 'put em up' scrappy do moves...then before they can grapple it is all over :lol:

Mind you, Voth did the best thing to put them in their place - and scored the equaliser :D

We can take a lot of positives from that, after dominating 2 periods. Shame we had to slip to a 3-0 deficit in the first before they actually realised that we had to play hockey. Once we were clicking, they seemed to have no answer.

The Giants 4 goal was an unlucky puck off Jarvis' stick (good job there is no own goals in hockey) and the 5 was whilst we were pushing for the equalisers.

I'll keep the Devils from the last 2, anyone want the rec team in our uniforms from the first?

sj*

TheStub said:
Watching it, I didn't think either of them landed a punch. McMallow looked very fetching with all the comedy 'put em up' scrappy do moves...then before they can grapple it is all over :lol:

Mind you, Voth did the best thing to put them in their place - and scored the equaliser :D

We can take a lot of positives from that, after dominating 2 periods. Shame we had to slip to a 3-0 deficit in the first before they actually realised that we had to play hockey. Once we were clicking, they seemed to have no answer.

The Giants 4 goal was an unlucky puck off Jarvis' stick (good job there is no own goals in hockey) and the 5 was whilst we were pushing for the equalisers.

I'll keep the Devils from the last 2, anyone want the rec team in our uniforms from the first?
We dominated two periods did we? Which game have you been watching?? Sorry but the majority of the team just didn't show up tonight.... Miller and Romfo were a disgrace tonight... Not sure what were paying them for??

And before anyone says anything yes I am in Belfast so have perfect right to comment! And to think I risked my life on Ryanair to be here!!!!!!!!

Fubar

sj* said:
l:

.. Miller and Romfo were a disgrace tonight... Not sure what were paying them for??

And before anyone says anything yes I am in Belfast so have perfect right to comment! And to think I risked my life on Ryanair to be here!!!!!!!!
funny that...terry phillips said romfo played really well :shock: