Brad Voth Retires

DEVIL INSIDE said:
oneill said:
Bad timing for the Devils due to the fact they cant bring in a replacement..
I'm sure we have until the 14th to sign someone. All be it British players or imports who are already over here and registered and maybe just out of favour at their club or have fallen out with their coach or recently been suspended and fined! ;)
Gutted about the news though! And definitely think something should be done to thank him for his services! Whether it be hanging the 26 from the rafters! New bar in the new rink named after him - 'Bar Voth' ? All the best Vother!
If that's the case I can think of a certain point-a-game Powerforward who isn't enjoying life at Sheffield at the mo...

Very sad to hear about Vother though. Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said.

Thank You Big Guy.

Ocko

Absolutely gutted. We've lost the most iconic player of a generation.

Vother truly deserves his shirt hung from the rafters as much as any guy ever has; being at a club for a long time doesn't cut it for me it's that little something different you bring to the team and how much that club means to the player. None more so than Voth. And to get an import returning year after year is something no other club has.

Absolutely gutted Brad and thanks for the memories.

Wannabe2

It isnt a pretty sight watching a grown man with a tear in his eye, and it is with a very heavy heart i am posting this, we have been very blessed at this great club over the 25yrs we have been around, what with great players, real characters, and very nice human beings we have been well spoilt and THE LORD MAYOR OF CARDIFF has been all these and more. There has been something very special about the Vother, and in these days of getting what you can when you can, loyalty being very much a thing of the past, this young man has shown great loyalty to a club thats let be fair has had its fair share of ups and downs. But Brad weathered the storm with all of us, a man so dedicated to our cause of being there with the best of them and truelly being a BROTHER IN ARMS and for that Brad i salute you along with so many other fans of not just what you brought onto the ice, but what you also brought off it, a tougher nicer person would indeed be very difficult to find. This is not how things where supposed to finish, when the Lord Mayor finally hung up his skates we were supposed to be holding a celebration for him, and showing the man just how close to all our hearts he has become, that now just may not happen, but one thing that can never be erased is the vast amount of memories that this young man has given each and everyone of us, and for that MR VOTH we shall forever be in your debt. The Cardiff rink without the presence of Brad will indeed be a very poorer place, lots of clubs have had tough guys at there place, but there has never been a signing like we made all those seasons ago when we were lucky enough to get a man who was tough, could score, was a leader on the ice, was a true character and on top of all those qualities BLED RED jesus how lucky were we. Thank you Brad, Mr Voth, Lord Mayor, Captain, Franchise player, real character, and shoes off hero, our great club is now a lot poorer without our local hero. Its now time for the next page in Brads book of life, time to spend more time with his other lovely family over the pond, you will be sadly missed Mr Voth, and probably never replaced. We wish you all the very best for the future, you are a very special man and deserve all that hopefully will come your way. Thanks again Brad it will take awhile to sink in, but thank you so very much.
VERY UNHAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

It would be a huge mistake for the club not to retire Brads shirt tomorrow night, never have we had such a prominent franchise player!! We have been blessed to have such a loyal player and great guy as part of the club for so long! Going to miss you Vother!!

Gaz G

Absolutly gutted about this news. God knows how the big man himself feels. It was Vother who got me hooked on this sport and to think I've seen his last game makes me feel it will never be the same.

I also hope we retire his shirt but for me I think as a sign of huge respect to the man we invite and pay for him to come over and open the new rink to the fans for the first game and make openening night one that we shall all remember forever by raising his shirt to the rafters.

An absolute legend in this sport in the uk and one who I for one will never ever forget.

Take care Vother and always remember your times in Cardiff with a smile.

Wannabe2

Gaz G said:
Absolutly gutted about this news. God knows how the big man himself feels. It was Vother who got me hooked on this sport and to think I've seen his last game makes me feel it will never be the same.

I also hope we retire his shirt but for me I think as a sign of huge respect to the man we invite and pay for him to come over and open the new rink to the fans for the first game and make openening night one that we shall all remember forever by raising his shirt to the rafters.

An absolute legend in this sport in the uk and one who I for one will never ever forget.

Take care Vother and always remember your times in Cardiff with a smile.
What a great idea, spot on.

Just read the news about Voth retiring. Im sad to see him go. Love him or hate him, he is undoubtedly one of the greatest characters of the Elite League era. The EIHL needs great characters like Voth. He will be missed.

Good luck for the future Brad.

It is sad news to hear about Voth having to retire due to injury.

We had the best out of him and he has been a good player for us but I do not agree with the idea of retiring his jersey number.

In most peoples opinion he is a legend and gave us many great seasons but I just don't see him up there with the likes of Hope Moria McEwen Lawless.

We didn't retire the greatest captain in #22 Ivan Matulik.

Vother will be missed by Devils fans and other teams fans and we will all be thankfull for what he has done in cardiff

James

Administrator
My first game was when Skippy dragged me along to the opening of the 2005 season against the Racers. It was (I'm pretty sure) Brads first game for us. First competitive game at the very least. Brad has been a part of the Devils for as long as I've been watching and it's going to be a poorer club without him part of it. Thank you for your contribution over the years Brad, and don't be a stranger to Cardiff. You are Lord Mayor after all.

Wannabe2

Burgy said:
It is sad news to hear about Voth having to retire due to injury.

We had the best out of him and he has been a good player for us but I do not agree with the idea of retiring his jersey number.

In most peoples opinion he is a legend and gave us many great seasons but I just don't see him up there with the likes of Hope Moria McEwen Lawless.

We didn't retire the greatest captain in #22 Ivan Matulik.

Vother will be missed by Devils fans and other teams fans and we will all be thankfull for what he has done in cardiff
Looks like we will never retire a shirt again then as i can never see anyone eclipsing what Brad has meant to this club.
Also can i say a huge huge thank you to Mr Ed Patterson, the man responsible for bringing Brad here, great move Ed and thank you.

It's always sad to see a player retire through injury, regardless of what you may have thought about them as a player. Best of luck for your future Brad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you Wannabe2, if we don't retire Brads shirt we will probably never have reason to retire another number again. I've watch the Devils for 25 years now and seen many many players come and go, very few have ever had the same impact on the team, city and league as Vother. It would be a fitting tribute to a guy who has shown so much loyalty to the club and has been the face of the franchise for so many years.

Wannabe2

Its a no brainer to me Voths shirt should be in the rafters soon, and then when Stoney hangs up the skates his also, and then a tidy banner of the world record should follow.

Woke to the news this morning, felt depressed all day, such a shame it ended this way, but that's sport. The main thing is Brad recovers well and enjoys the rest of his life.

Massive thanks to Vother for everything. A legend in my book and one player the family and myself will never ever forget.

Should we retire his jersey, it's a no brainer for me. Do it now!
Him opening the new rink? What a brilliant idea. And I certainly would have a pint in the Voth Bar :p

All the best big man, and thanks again !!!!!

kettdevil1

Desparate news but understandable in the circumstances. In many ways Brad is the model Devils player, tough, committed and inclined to lose it if we are not winning... He is the latest (and maybe greatest?) of a long line of power forwards that have graced our rinks and I just hope we can get some silverware in tribute to the big man.

Completley and Utterly gutted! Would never have wanted him too end his carear like this!

A sad, sad day for UK ice hockey, a TRUE devils legend :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

The Vother would be HUGELY missed, but best wishes :( :( !