Breaking News: Devils sign new player

E.D.S.

Best wishes to DuPont as well. Not nice to hear of a season ending injury. Welcome Jake. Think this speaks volumes of where we’ve been lacking. Let’s hope he can skate, has speed and knows where the back of the net is.
Nice move Devils.

RossDaws

Seems a good pickup imo. Credit to Dupont for playing through injury these last few weeks, especially if it's one that'll keep him out the rest of the season.

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #4
Best wishes to DuPont as well. Not nice to hear of a season ending injury. Welcome Jake. Think this speaks volumes of where we’ve been lacking. Let’s hope he can skate, has speed and knows where the back of the net is.
Nice move Devils.
Dupont has been playing injured for weeks now due to the short bench.

Seriously like we all predicted this would happen.

Rempel16

All credit to Dupont, playing injured for the jersey and the team. That explains a lot about why we haven't seen the best of him all too often.

At times he's been one of the best players on the ice.

Good luck to Coughler, it's a big ask for a relative rookie to be considered a talisman, so I hope there's no pressure on him to perform at 1st line centre.

Diablo3

All credit to Dupont, playing injured for the jersey and the team. That explains a lot about why we haven't seen the best of him all too often.

Good luck to Coughler, it's a big ask for a relative rookie to be considered a talisman, so I hope there's no pressure on him to perform at 1st line centre.
I was typing the same thing :)

Seems a good signing. Interesting interview from him on YouTube from about 3 weeks ago. Here is the link if anyone wishes to view. He is very honest when speaking out about his Mental Ill Health which I feel is not only incredibly brave as a player but also will hopefully help others talk and open up if they are struggling. Let's all give him the welcome he deserves....... When we are allowed to attend that is.

Last edited:

august04 2.0

Seems a bit odd that DuPont has still been able to play for weeks with a potentially season ending injury?! Even when we weren’t short benched! Anyway, I’m sure we just became a better team with this signing.

Seems a good signing. Interesting interview from him on YouTube from about 3 weeks ago. Here is the link if anyone wishes to view. He is very honest when speaking out about somethings.

I think the way out club and fans treat our players and how we get behind them this could be a good move for Coughler aswell as for us. Credit to Dupont for trying to hang in whilst injured. That shows a lot of heart and commitment.

jenks33

Looks like a good signing on paper. 27 goals in 58 ECHL games is very decent. Let’s hope he slots in nicely between Reid and Crandall and gives us that out and out first line centre we’ve been missing since August. Dixon has done a fine job but I prefer him on the 2nd or 3rd line

DevilDom

Looks like a decent mid season pick up but begs the question whether Dupont has ever been fit as he has easily been our most disappointing player of the season. I can’t remember him ever looking like the player we thought we were getting.

Also very tough on the Devils organisation to have to swallow an additional wage at this time with the ongoing restrictions at the IAW. Hopefully we are back soon.

jenks33

His contract with Odense was mutually terminated after 5 games due to concussion. Apparently he’s had a few concussions during his short career. Now that’s a concern

Devil94

Just goes to show we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. Big respect to Brodie for potentially ending his season or even career helping us out. Hopefully he can continue to stay in his assistant coach position.

The new guy's hockey credentials look good. Just hope his injuries and health concerns will allow him to play the season for us.

All credit to Dupont, playing injured for the jersey and the team. That explains a lot about why we haven't seen the best of him all too often. In your dreams one of the best players you want to go to spec savers lol

Rob Batch

Interesting development. Let's hope this creates a new dynamic which works in our favour. I like Du Pont but understand why some have been un- impressed. Playing with injuries might explain our team's struggles in recent times.

moggy#9

An interesting signing. I wonder what our echl scoring network had to say about him. The highlight reel seems to show dinner decent shooting and puck cycling (though some of the video is a little difficult to follow). He's still young, so hopefully lots of energy. It'll be interesting to see how the lines shape up now.