Cardiff Devils vs Hull Stingrays - Sun 6pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

Here's the game thread for the Devils first home cup fixture of the 09/10 season.

I'll see how it goes in Hull on Saturday before I say anything more :)

Chris.

TheStub

I'll be running Match Night Live tonight. Hopefully it will go smoothly.

This will be the second outing of some new changes, worked up to try and make the server more reliable. I could be boring, but wont.

There will have to be tweaks next week, but can you email me at matchnightlive@gmail.com if you see any issues. Makes it easier to fix next week - and whilst the game is in play :D

With that - feel free to keep the messages coming. Make me not wish I was back in Wales quite so hard for the first home game :D

TheStub

End of the first in Cardiff, and we are 3 - 1 up.

What an eventful (and great) match to start the season. More fights than I can count on my fingers, coming from every direction by the sound of it.

Join me on Match Night Live to follow the other periods: http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl/

Awesome win tonight. A few comments on MNL about defensive errors which came up a lot in the previous games as well, but sounds like we played really well and the winning margin could have been a lot more - was it something like 3 or 4 times we hit the post / crossbar?

Hope none of the Devils players did anything silly in the "utter choas" at the end and end up with some sort of ban. Voth was in the building being the league will automatically ban him just for being there probably :roll: I thought I read somewhere that Hul had signed a skillful team rather than a bunch of brawlers this season - maybe I read it wrong!

I know this was a cup game, but with Vipers beating Panthers and Giants beating Steelers, it's looking very exciting in the league with no big favourites in any match!

Anyway - well done Devils and lets put it up another gear to do the double over the Steelers next weekend!

TheStub

I think we need someone else to type all that carnage up, but a 5 - 2 win is a 5 - 2 win.

I think (hope) Knight could be facing a bit of a ban, using the plexi as a weapon - and taking the fight off the ice.

Sounds like the whole bench got involved.

Disgraceful way to end a match. Take a loss with class.

A total shame, as Hull played well (if a little dirty) last night.

I'm with Ledgend77 - Voth will probably get a ban. From the report I just got from my sister, Knight was laying into Jay, and Voth stepped in and automatically got a fighting major. Knight then tried to carry on behind the benches, and Hull pushed their way to join in.

Bans to follow, one hopes!

kettdevil1

Typical. First bench clearance for ages and I am sat on my backside 200 miles away...

Cheers to Gareth for a great job in conveying everything via MNL

Ger-Devils

Gutted my 6-2 prediction didn't come in! Wish I was there but was suffering with a major hangover from last nights antics at my cricket pres! Will be there Saturday!

I thought Knight went after Michel at the end which started the chaos. Voth was heavily involved behind the bench - looks like a ban is likely with his history with the league. Terrible way to end the game IMO. :x :x

TheStub

Could have been Michel - they were at each other last night.

Voth will be facing a ban, no doubt. Hull may have done our league chances a real blow tonight.

I am also concerned by reports that Adams came out of the dressing room, and that Franny was throwing punches. We could have lost our coaching staff for a period.

Although, here is hoping that the league really come down hard on Hull for these actions. Sound like sore losers to me. No matter what, you need to take things and move on - not re-enact WWF greatest moments.

i think some big bans will be following after this. I thought Hull had ditched there goon side and gone for some skill. Knight is just a coward for jumping tyler michael, Voth got banned for the suker punch on randy i dont see what was so different with kinght tonight, just got to wait till the penaltys are released.

august04

I just hope they've got on film, the idiotic Hull player who through his stick, javelin style, into the Devils bench area. If he's identified, I'd ban him for the season - an absolute disgrace.

TheStub

My reports said Huppe.

Shame to end the match on such a low. Real shame, because the skill level looked excellent last night - shame to spoil it with this goon violence.

kettdevil1

bigbaz said:
Does Voth still have his suspended ban from last season?

I knew Clouts would make a fiesty team but not a team like this :shock:

I don't think so - off the top of my head that was a suspended ban for any more slashing offences? Also I would be surprised if suspended bans extend beyond the end of the season.