Cardiff Devils vs Hull Stingrays - Sun 6pm - Chat/Updates

From the video clips, I don't think it is as bad as people made out. Knight was obviously the main culprit and guess he'll get around 6 games. Huppe chucking his stick is odd as there seems no real reason for it so 3 games for him and I'd say 3 games for Voth as he got involved but he didn't exactly have much choice when Knight came at him.

Koop11

I agree with Wannabe that Brad is Brad because of how he plays and his passion and leadership is what makes him the franchise player that he is. Take that away from him and he would not be loved and hated as he is across the league. That said, there is a responsibility he has and in a league that is run the way it is Voth is going to victimised (wrongly), as proved already. The Devils will be weaker without their leader.

The fact is that fighting off the ice when players have been ejected from the game is going to bring a punishment of some sort I would have imagined. Whether this involves Brad Voth or Ben Davies you’ll be looking at some kind of league intervention. What I sincerely hope doesn’t happen is the league making another mockery of itself and putting a ridiculous ban on Voth because he is Voth.

I was not at the game but based on the video footage I have seen, the league must consider that if bans are going to be handed out that Knight is the player who came across the benches to continue the altercation with Voth and that Curtis Huppe threw his stick at the Devils bench. If Voth does receive a ban, Knight and Huppe must be looking at heavier punishments. If this doesn’t happen then the league once again will lose so much respect, not that it has a huge amount left.

ASHIPP

Great post, Koop.
It's a catch-22 situation with the Vother. Clearly most of his actions on Sunday were as a result of provocation (Knight was the instigator of most of the aggression)...but he did have a choice when he was thrown out to ignore Knight and go to the locker room.
Brad is respected around the League for his enforcing responsibilities. He was carrying those out on Sunday - and has said himself in his blog that he can't tolerate guys being picked on.
The difficulty (especially if you are wound up) must be drawing a distinction between your responsibility as an enforcer, and your responsibility as a Captain and valuable player who is needed on the ice to motivate the team.
It's a 'traversty of the game' that Brad's previous record may effect the degree of punishment heaped on him this time....when all he was doing was protecting his team mates. The brawl with Knight behind the benches was unfortunate but that's all it was - a brawl between two people who had a difference of opinion. It couldn't really be seen by the supporters and was away from the ice.
But yet again, the Devils will have to adapt to not having their Captain and being short-benched for a while. :x

jimmy snels

as with most people i was a little shocked that brad was fighting behind the boards on sunday. but as a shock to everyone on this forum im going to agree with J.B (is that an infurno 1st?!?! ;) ) it really isnt that bad is it?!?! i mean in the grand scheme of things no one was hurt, no fans injured from the in house javlin contest and everyone went home excited and talking about the game they just witnessed. the footage aint exactly conclusive of alot of things either so i think the bans J.B is talking about are about right and probs justified if i was honest. the thing im more gutted about is brad missing the sheffield games now :( on the other hand of this though id have been even more gutted if the devils players had just let knight unload on michel and know one had done anything so i guess i'll take it on the chin and hope the league are sensible (as another shock to me!!)

i also must have had 20 different people i work with who have never talked ice hockey before ask me about it as it was on the news so at least we've got some extra attention (even if it might not be the type i would have requested atleast people are thinking about us!)