Cardiff @ Steelers - Sat 27th September 7pm- Chat / Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Saturday night has see's the Devils make the trip to Sheffield to take on the Steelers in a vital (in that I can't work out if we have to win or not to qualify) Challenge Cup game.

You can check out our preview of the game, where we avoid any form of qualification maths, here - http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/news/infer ... sept-2014/

It seems that the Ice issues in the Motor Point have now been sorted (http://www.sheffieldsteelersihc.co.uk/g ... ay-p193723)

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

I'd guess that OJ will be hosting and can be reached during the game as always using matchnightlive@gmail.com

We will update this post with further details when we have them.

Re: Cardiff @ Steelers - Sat 27th September 7pm- Chat / Upda

We have a few seats left for the trip up to the house of tin

If you'd like to join us and give G a (very) quiet cheer when the Steelers lift their PlayOff banner then please get in contact

Travel is just £23 Adults and £14 Under 16's, we will have a discount on tickets too

Pickups are :
11:00 Outside the new arena
11:30 9 Giants, Llanishen
12:00 Hilton Hotel, Coldra if required

There's plenty of places to eat when we get up there including Harvester, Frankie & Bennies, Burger King and Colonel Simms favourite KFC

You can contact us via Twitter, Facebook or our new website www.redarmytravel.co.uk

Have you got a great away trip photo? Send it to us and we'll add it to the website

Ger & John

Devil94

Lewis Turner back in the line up for this weekend. With Jesse and Doug out, I'd imagine Batchy joining the forwards and Turner filling in at the back?

ASHIPP

Wow! What a game. Awesome result for the Guys. The buses will be rocking all the way down the M1!
Special teams, penalty takers and a certain young netminder pull it off again in a v tight game.

Well done Guys. V proud to be a Devils' fan.

James

Administrator

Great win against Darnell and his Steelers. Well done Devils

voth26

Get in there, not even hollywood, a phantom "goal", delaying tactics to try and unsettle the guys at the start, cheap shots through out the game, could stop the DEVILS. I'm really surprised that G has possibly stooped to the squeelers ways!!!

Great win but some silly penalties that could have cost us, especially with side show, it's all about me, Tom Darnell refing

E.D.S.

Not a great game from where I sat. We offered very little offensively. Walton and cullingan looked slow and not really effective. Morrisette skated hard but had nothing to feed off. Some really stupid penalties that left Darnell with little option. Great goal from Forney. I believe it hit the underside of the net and came out. Forney was probably best placed to see it. Don't know how the goal judge would have. Can't imagine Forney celebrating like he did if it wasn't in. It was some celebration on his own! Funny as well. We didn't seem physical at all tonight. Lord worked hard and seemed to be calling most of the plays but that's where I think we struggle. We seem to lack speed and creativity and with the greatest of respect to Lord they aren't two attributes he has in abundance. We look static and offer no options to the guy with the puck. Still a great win but not a great game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kettdevil1

Bonkers game that frustrated, amazed, delighted and annoyed in equal measures...... The phantom goal incident was dealt with really badly whichever way you look at it and in many ways the only good thing that came out of it was that it fired us up even more......

Whilst the focus has often been on some of the new guys, I actually think that our most consistent player in the first month of the season has been Ritchie and he was immense again tonight. His form dipped last year but he looks to be back to his best again.

Oh and isn't it brilliant going into penalties knowing that Jake and one other will score so in all likelihood you will win :D

Despite the random officiating, the delays that always occur in Sheffield and the sound of Simms on the mike.... I enjoyed tonight...... the belief that is flowing in this team was summed up by the last 2 minutes of the game....I was thinking who was going to score rather than if we were going to score....

wildthing74

Wow still coming to terms with that result. It felt like we were never going to be allowed to win tonight. We all know about the Darnell circus but boy even by his own low standards that was joke tonight. I think we were on the PK 6 times in the first 20 odd mins yet blatant slashes and hooks particularly from Hewitt got ignored time and again even with Broadway looking on and under his nose.

The 'goal' was bizarre as they seemingly hit the cross bar no light goes on and play resumed for 5 mins and nobody complaining.From nowhere a goal is awarded and the clock re set 5 mins.Not saying its not a rule but I've never seen that implemented in all the years I've watched hockey.Lets be honest the same mug ref has made mistakes time and again with us so why should that have been different? This is the ref who this season awarded a goal against us that went into the side of the goal netting and yet he is not accountable like all refs in EIHL as no penalty/demotion for poor performance.

The boys were warriors though and all 3 lines contributed.Cant wait to get #93 & #80 back to further pump this group up.Bowns was class and one could argue had a shut out alongside his penalty saves as he was only beaten by the 'ghost' goal plus there were lots of fans suggesting the other was kicked in although I'm not sure it looked like he kicked the puck then stabbed it home with his stick.
Joey Martin yet again was a class above infanct his line with Lordo & Jake worked their bag off all night.
The D took no prisoners all night and Hendrikx,Hotham & Batch stepped in time and again defending team mates and being more than happy to dance.

Huge win in our CC group especially with Hull winning.

Ocko

Strange way of looking at it E.D.S a win away at Sheffield is a great result. It's a road win, nothing more can be asked. Watching on the webcast I thought it was a very even game. We were great considering we were two high impact players down. I thought that Bowns was exceptional and a shoe in for MoM, a sprawling save in the first was what the kids would call a 'worldie'.

Sheffield are the best team on paper by some way IMO and to rain on their homecoming and banner raising parade is nothing short of sweet.

Also, has anyone ever seen anyone as good as Mo at penalties?

E.D.S.

I'm not knocking the result. It was the performance that was frustrating for me. I'll take a win any where and by any means but it wasn't a great performance tonight. Pucks weren't sticking on the tape and we looked slow. Offensively I thought we were poor. Defensively solid and Bowns sprawling save was superb. He did really well. The first goal went off a steelers skate but there was no kicking motion and the second was either a rocket of a shot that we all missed or a bullet that hit the post. Thing for me is that the post didn't make a noise which makes me believe it hit the underside of the net and came out.
I guess I'm expecting a little more from our forwards. We didn't ever really trouble Sheffield which was disappointing and I don't believe that was because we played a road game. We just seemed to lack ideas in the steelers zone and did look really slow. Compare someone like Forney who repeatedly skated past our D and entered our zone with ease because of his speed to create space and chances. We don't seem to have that in our team.

E.D.S.

Oh and can't argue with the comment earlier about our boys willingness to stick up for one another. It's great to see. Could have been a bit more physical tonight though.9

Temme

Tom Darnell's officiating tonight was an absolute embarrassment to the EIHL.

Something needs to be done as paying to watch games where I know he's officiating is just a waste of time and not enjoyable, his influence on the game tonight took the shine off a great 3-2 SO win.

Morrisette is frightening to watch in the shootout, sold Doyle like I've never seen in a shootout before, and a nice 'Faulkner' styled 5 hole goal from Martin to seal it, credit to Bowns for stopping both too, he was on good form tonight without doubt!

As they said on the webcast 'first up for the devils is the best SO taker in the EIHL', I guess there's no greater compliment than that from a steelers webcast!

drainage

Temme said:
Tom Darnell's officiating tonight was an absolute embarrassment to the EIHL.

Something needs to be done as paying to watch games where I know he's officiating is just a waste of time and not enjoyable, his influence on the game tonight took the shine off a great 3-2 SO win.

Morrisette is frightening to watch in the shootout, sold Doyle like I've never seen in a shootout before, and a nice 'Faulkner' styled 5 hole goal from Martin to seal it, credit to Bowns for stopping both too, he was on good form tonight without doubt!

As they said on the webcast 'first up for the devils is the best SO taker in the EIHL', I guess there's no greater compliment than that from a steelers webcast!
With you all the way today cost me £38 to get there....let's ignore my cider budget..... And for 4hrs each way costing me £38 I saw pound for pound the worst reffing I have ever seen oh and I thought CC games were dual reffed ? Darnell and the league should be ashamed