Cardiff @ Steelers - Sat 27th September 7pm- Chat / Updates

Mooney#16

Re: Cardiff @ Steelers - Sat 27th September 7pm- Chat / Upda

Not for one second am I questioning the call. It was the right one and well done to the linesman for picking it up. My quibble is Toms management of it. If he believed in play it was a goal then just call it. He wasn't going to defer to a video. He thought goal from the thud. Lino confirmed it. If he thinks goal whistle the play and confirm. He's the ref. What exactly after that point would have caused him to wash the goal out. The Devils used three minutes of energy chasing a goal that was never going to get awarded is my issue.

Legin

Just looked at webcast again, the goal was awarded at the first stoppage after the goal was scored, it was about 3 minutes later.

Mooney#16

That's a stretch. The top net clearly bulges upwards so the puck clearly hit it. Its a legit goal for definite. Hell of a shot by the way from Forney to get in and out that quick. No matter what I think of Toms handling credit has to go to the linesman. That's a hell of a spot on his behalf.

E.D.S.

I said in my earlier post that there was no sound of rubber on the metal and call me naive but a player doesn't celebrate like that if he hasn't scored (not one's with any decency any way). He probably had the best view of it. It was a cracking goal. Forney was superb all night.
I guess most peoples frustrations is with how it was handled and the bizarre delay in making the call.
I know I'll get flamed for this but Darnell called a decent game. We gave him no option at times but he seemed to want to let the game go. Both sides were chipping away. If he'd have called it all he would've massively disrupted the game. I was as frustrated as the next with some of our penalties but they were penalties.

On a separate note about us offensively. I mentioned Lord previously and how he seems to quarterback most moves into the offensive zone. The problem here is that he does the old Tony Hand trick which is to slam on the breaks as he crosses the blue line just before the face off circle and then look for the killer pass. That works if we have pace and aggression attacking the net but we're not doing that. Either because we're playing a road game (in which case he needs to find another play/move) or its because our forwards aren't making the rush and being as aggressive as that play needs. Even if out forwards rushed the net it creates the space for a drop pass to the D to shoot but more often than not we ended up going back around the boards and behind the net and this led to a turn over more often than a clear shooting opportunity. Small point but a tad frustrating at times.

voth26

E.D.S. said:
I'm not knocking the result. It was the performance that was frustrating for me. I'll take a win any where and by any means but it wasn't a great performance tonight. Pucks weren't sticking on the tape and we looked slow. Offensively I thought we were poor. Defensively solid and Bowns sprawling save was superb. He did really well. The first goal went off a steelers skate but there was no kicking motion and the second was either a rocket of a shot that we all missed or a bullet that hit the post. Thing for me is that the post didn't make a noise which makes me believe it hit the underside of the net and came out.
I guess I'm expecting a little more from our forwards. We didn't ever really trouble Sheffield which was disappointing and I don't believe that was because we played a road game. We just seemed to lack ideas in the steelers zone and did look really slow. Compare someone like Forney who repeatedly skated past our D and entered our zone with ease because of his speed to create space and chances. We don't seem to have that in our team.

In seasons gone by we have had poor performances and lost?? so whilst it may not be pretty i'll take the win any which way they come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DevilDom

My big question with the goal incident is does anyone genuinely think Darnell would have done the same had it been the other way around?

Ocko

Morissette has been an absolute revelation for us this year. Best PS taker in the league and is a different player to last season. I'd also have him as an Alternate Capt, he's probably the most vocal guy on the ice, puts a shift in and doesn't usually put a foot wrong.

A big slice of humble pie over here please!

Wannabe2

Deeday said:
Morisette is frightening to watch generally let's be honest :lol:
Very frightening if your a D Man on the opposing team, and even worse if your a opposing Nettie. Jake is playing out of his skin at the moment, and it's awesome to see.

He has been surprisingly good so far. Him and lord the only 2 though

KaneDevils

Goes to show what impact the new owners have had? As he was shit last season.
Under the same concept, imagine how many points Max would have right now.
That is frightening. :D

Hi Deeday - great news - the Devils won on Saturday and Sunday with the terrible players we have - how lucky were we!!

Hope your trip(s) to wherever Telford were playing was enjoyable.

That's great well done devils:))
Fantastic news. Telford won both too. Well done to both teams :Banana

voth26

Deeday said:
That's great well done devils:))
Fantastic news. Telford won both too. Well done to both teams :Banana
Did max score any points

drainage

Baz-lar said:
Hi Deeday - great news - the Devils won on Saturday and Sunday with the terrible players we have - how lucky were we!!

Hope your trip(s) to wherever Telford were playing was enjoyable.
What is Deeday's problem ? We know you didn't want Max to go ....message received but can we not concentrate on who is playing rather than who isn't? I liked Jake last season I had no issue with him re signing and as for only 2 players playing well....simply ridiculous

There was some amazing play by several players this weekend and good on them

Maybe the obsession with Max means he/she isnt taking in Devils games this season?