Challenge Cup - Devils V Blaze - Double Header

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Hey Hey

Its Devils V Blaze double header weekend.

You can hear and see the Inferno “crew” chatting about the upcoming games against the Blaze, this week’s player movements, Aled’s choice of socks and a whole load more here here on Inferno TV.

We will be running the “ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased” Match Night Live service for this game, expect name calling, slurs and one eyed bias in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

On Saturday OJ will be hosting and on Sunday we’ll be updating you live from the Inferno “News desk” at the rink thanks to the great guys at Analysis Technologies. If you’d like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com.

Also don’t forget that on Sunday if you can't make it down and you don't want to miss any of the action and reading the game isn’t enough you can get the game on Devils live TV here http://www.cardiffdevils.com/ for a jolly reasonable £8.

I'll start it now, hicks ruined the game, cost us the win, etc

If we play like Thursday then I see a decent win but how many bodies we down, hill, Quiney, conoy, adams.

Will be a tough test but blaze also missing a few guys??

Sheincar

Well that was an unexpected result considering the number of players we're missing but well done guys. Amazing that a game with 8 goals in & not 1 of them even handed!

Ger-Devils

Wasn't at the game but a great start to the weekend. 3ppg and 2shg. Scoring shared about and going on the road with 14 skaters is not ideal but we know how resilient this team is when the chips are stacked against them.

So Blight is in his last 4 games is 1+7 -People have questioned him but seriously, He's over a point a game already this season and he wasn't the biggest goalscorer last year GP59 G21 A 54 PTS 75. Without his passes, we wouldn't be scoring goals so ease off on him.

Just my opinion really.

Russky

Great win.

It may seem a little churlish but i thought we took our foot off their throats a little when we were 4-0 the 5-1 up. Personally i think they should have really gone for them and not let them off the hook as we did in the 3rd. Personally I would have like them to have continue to rack up the score and metaphorically pressed them deep into the ice and made them so demoralised. To make tomorrow nights game at the big blue tent a foregone conclusion, but merely exercise in battering the Blaze into a merciless and glorious submission, to be enjoyed by the massive Devils crowd.

Chris

Administrator
Great result :D

With the home crowd behind them tomorrow hopefully we'll get more of the same :D
Amazing that a game with 8 goals in & not 1 of them even handed!
That is actually pretty amazing, I knew all our goals were PP or SH but didn't realise the Blaze goals were as well!

If we weren't already, does this result guarantee our place in the next stage of the CC?

Sliput

Good win and confidence boost.

Not impressed with Devils fans who did not stand for the National anthem !!!! You do know Mark Richardson and Josh Batvh are English !!

ASHIPP

A good result and confidence booster for the Team. Last few mintues a bit of a white knuckle as anything can happen with a 2 goal difference. Ginand is a class act but he will need to be closed down tomorrow.
Can anyone confirm that Max is ok?

ASHIPP said:
A good result and confidence booster for the Team. Last few mintues a bit of a white knuckle as anything can happen with a 2 goal difference. Ginand is a class act but he will need to be closed down tomorrow.
Umm he picked a knock didnt he... he iced after that

kettdevil1

Not sure what to make of this were we brilliant or were Blaze awful? I suspect it was a little of both.....

We were certainly helped in the first period by a catastrophic netminding performance by Zacharias but for the first time in a long time, our Powerplay looked lethal. The passing was crisp and the finishing excellent. It was not a surprise that we scored so many goals on the PP. The PK was also very good and Myers goal, even allowing for the fact that it went straight through the keeper, was a beauty.

For sure we took our foot off the gas in the second and third, keeping a D Man permanently back and limiting the forecheck but, in reality, I was never massively worried that we were going to throw away a win.

Ritchie was a good choice for MOM but Myers was excellent, Mac took his goal well and It was good to see the return of the Mac, Blight, Maxi line. It caused problems all night. Oh and a special mention for Tyson. I was really doubtful when he re-signed but I was wrong. Excellent again tonight.

The Blaze, the excellent Ginard aside, were poor and I really want someone to slap Harvey.

Finally the away support was as good as I have seen for a while. Superb!!

kettdevil1

tigertemme said:
ASHIPP said:
Umm he picked a knock didnt he... he iced after that
He took a puck to the ankle but looked fine afterwards. Plumton also left the ice in the first but after running repairs was fine for the rest of the game.

Wagstaff

Not taking anything away from your performance, but we played 3 short on the D tonight and it showed big time, we even iced Pease for goodness sake! Zacharias was well and truly hung out to dry. Ginand is excellent when it counts but he can't do it alone every game.

I thought you were going into meltdown over the past couple of weeks but you seem to have come out of it stronger, I think a bit of tough love is needed at the Blaze!

Sliput said:
Good win and confidence boost.

Not impressed with Devils fans who did not stand for the National anthem !!!! You do know Mark Richardson and Josh Batvh are English !!
That is disrespectful - away fans always stand for the Welsh National Anthem in the BBT !

osh

Good result for the team tonight, well done guys. Would agree that it shows a lack of respect not to stand for an anthem. Whilst on this subject, it's also a shame some of our own team can't be bothered to hear our own anthem out at home before skating off !! Have a look tomorrow and see.