Challenge Cup - Devils V Blaze - Double Header

Have Hope#35

BostonBart22 said:
cracking weekend boys, good to see the smiles on the players faces again and did notice talkin a lot to each other on the bench. onwards and upwards , roll on that 4 point weekend in belfast, take note {cheapshot} keefe , have a look at ruperts fight no wonder you couldnt get off the ice quick enough. :Banana
Any footage of the fight floating around?

ASHIPP

Just thought big acknowledgement and credit for 2 more enhancements in our game:

1. Ben really getting benefit of playing alongside two hardworking imports.....that line of Morrisette-Lord-Davies now looks dangerous and is putting up points.

2. Matthew Myers doing a terrific job on a line developing our younger players. Their game has already noticably changed in 10 days.

osh

When was the last time we had 2 wins in a weekend, a long long time I'd guess. Yet those who have issues with the club find it almost impossible to even post anything positive after those 2 wins, I wonder why?
Ah well, Happy hockey days for some.

( great to see highlights of last nights game on BBC Wales at the moment, plus good coverage of sledge hockey too )

Chris

Administrator
When was the last time we had 2 wins in a weekend, a long long time I'd guess. Yet those who have issues with the club find it almost impossible to even post anything positive after those 2 wins, I wonder why?
Ah well, Happy hockey days for some.
From page #7...
Chris said:
Wildthing74 said:
Take nothing away from us we have been immense all weekend and deserved our first 4 point weekend in well can't recall when but Blaze were woeful and the worst team I've seen them have ever.
Looking at the MNL stats, I think that's our first 4 point weekend since December of last year! In any competition...

Sat 22.12.12 - Braehead Clan 2-6 Cardiff Devils - 7:00pm - League
Sun 23.12.12 - Cardiff Devils 2-1 (OT) Hull Stingrays - 6:00pm - League

Even more awesome :D

kettdevil1

Chris said:
http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/devils-news/devils-v-blaze-highlights-online/

Haven't watched them all yet, but there's probably fight footage in there somewhere :)
5.36 in, decent scrap, Quiney with the edge for me.

rolf

Thoroughly enjoyed both games this weekend and was delighted with the way we put the blaze to bed on both nights. Things look like they have clicked now. The passes that were going astray now seem to be sticking and we were rewarded with 9 goals and only 3 against. Probably fair to recognise that those 3 goals were largely irrelevant in the context of the road game and may well have been the result of loosening our grip to save some puff for the next night.

Special mention to Mark Smith who scored the gwg last night and looked very much at home when jumping in on the play as they say. Boosh, big up yerself Biff!

A fully fit Andrew Conboy and a top line signing imminent to add to this team and who knows what we may yet achieve?

Is it my imagination here or did we get the benefit of unbiased refereeing this weekend? On Saturday Hicks seemed unusually fair and last night Deano seemed to call the lot on them too. I almost felt sorry for the blaze at one point but snapped out of it immediately thankfully.

jimmy snels

Good weekend for the devils and for what should be all fans.

PP looked really slick early doors which boads well. Finally got people screening and shooting the puck after quick movement.
Lacosta had a solid game and deserved praise.
For me work ethic was fantastic with myres davies piggot the standouts of an exceptionally hard wrking game.
Quiney won that fight, dont think he even got caught properly and selby was clearly bleeding after an early bomb and a late uppercut. Unsure why it took so long to get ice time, fresh legs and a big body on a short coventry bench without protection seemed strange.
Pope listed as coach on game sheet on elite website sheet? Either was d looks more organised and pp better so something is working!!
Harvey and to an extent hendrich cost the blaze that game. Harvey wouldn't see another wknd if I was blaze coach. Mcallister is also possibly the worst Dman in eihl. without ben olson they seem to have no passion at all.
Intresting lack of communication from certain posters on this thread. ..... almost peculiar as they regularly post on others hhhmmm......

Ocko

It was good to see us finally play to our potential. Coventry were really put to the sword last night. I know they are imports down but one of them is Olson, a good enforcer to stick up for his team mates but we didnt push Coventry around, we just outplayed them so he would have been no use either so they were maybe 1 effective import short, while we were missing two. Coventry are in trouble this year.

Good that Lacosta finally got a shut out, that will do his confident a world of good. He didnt face a barrage of shots but he did have to make a few quality saves.

I have been critical of Blight earlier on in the year but his points production is something else this year. Looks like the player from the second half of last season in front of goal now, his goal on the PP was brilliant. Hopefully he will get some more big goals for us now, because he certainly has the ability.

Lots to be positive about, the BP and G combination seems to be working well. Both of them look comfortable and happy in their roles an working together.

Well done to Quiney for the fight, I hope we see more of this from him as he could keep the British guys and the middleweights honest. If any of them step out of line and Conboy, Marsh etc get involved it will be stopped straight away. Now theyll be answering the call of Voths ringer, big Rupe!

Ocko

Wagstaff said:
Slartibartfast said:
Crisp passing,relentess forechecking and backchecking, great powerplay, great PK,physical play and a great atmosphere
Whatever was wrong with the Devils is now right.
Surprised nobody has mentioned the Pope factor, apparently he was the one doing all the talking last night, and apart from letting people go that's the only change!
Looks like you missed the memo, Pope and Regan are not to be talked of in a positive way on this forum remember! :DWD

Jodyisstillagirlsname will be having a heart attack when he reads this!

Wannabe2

Great weekend for the lads, there had to come a time when this team showed us what they are all about, no disrespect to the Blaze but boy do they have problems. Anyway once he have our full squad on the ice and hopefully now with a little confidence in the team we can show everyone what we are all about. Onwards and upwards now Devils, finally after weeks of pestering people we got a slot on BBC news, and hopefully it will be the first of many. Hopefully we have now turned a corner and can look forward to better times for all, after all thats what we all want.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

ASHIPP

A lot of very angry Blaze fans around today. One or two posting on other forums that they fear more whitewash results if changes aren't made. It's how you plan for and execute a gameplan for being shortbenched that is remembered even if the team don't win.

I actually felt for Zacharias last night - he was hung out to dry by a disorganised defence. And Ginand , a fabulous gamechanger, was skating around like a lost soul. Devils did a great job of breaking up chances.

Ocko

Harvey is the most frustrating IMO. He could be a game changer but his misconducts yesterday were just plain stupid. I know thats rich seeing as we have Conboy but at least he headbutted someone from a cheapshotting Euro team, mugged Keefe and checked a ref who is destined to become incompetent in line with EIHL ref production standards - all perfectly reasonable excuses to get a game misconduct! Having a temper tantrum definitely is not!

jimmy snels

ASHIPP said:
A lot of very angry Blaze fans around today. One or two posting on other forums that they fear more whitewash results if changes aren't made. It's how you plan for and execute a gameplan for being shortbenched that is remembered even if the team don't win.

I actually felt for Zacharias last night - he was hung out to dry by a disorganised defence. And Ginand , a fabulous gamechanger, was skating around like a lost soul. Devils did a great job of breaking up chances.
With you on that ASHIPP. Ginard is easily their standout and we made him look average last night. I couldn't wrk out how many imports they were down but it seemed like ten :lol:
The carbon monoxide meter is off the chart..best get the gas man in!

voth26

Best game i have seen so far in the BBT this season, every player wanted to be involved, when a blaze player had the puck there was a devils player always close and in some cases two devils players around them, max was every where i've never seen him forecheck or back check so much in a game, the passing was controlled very few lost passes, quicker puck movement from the players. I think it was in the 2nd period there was some classy puck play from mac who fed max on the boards who centered the puck and blight was a fraction from connecting. All of the D were excellent but for me tyson was at his best with brad, ritchie smithie and batch all comfortable on the puck. glad blight got his goal he's done everything in the last game but score ben was ben he's been awesome this season as has Lord who he has to be the find of the new imports for me this season, he's commited to finishing every check, drives the net well, has an eye for goal also pleased dan got a shut out like the other guys he's had a fair bit of slating. Hendrich had a mare of a night for the blaze as did pretty much all of the blaze team, even when we had the rough patch at least the devils looked like they were interested, there was one point two blaze players were happily chatting on the bench and then casually took a line change with no urgency!!. I know there is work still to be done but if the guys can play like this for the remainder of the season then who knows.

Wagstaff

Ocko said:
Wagstaff said:
Slartibartfast said:
Crisp passing,relentess forechecking and backchecking, great powerplay, great PK,physical play and a great atmosphere
Whatever was wrong with the Devils is now right.
Surprised nobody has mentioned the Pope factor, apparently he was the one doing all the talking last night, and apart from letting people go that's the only change!
Looks like you missed the memo, Pope and Regan are not to be talked of in a positive way on this forum remember! :DWD

Jodyisstillagirlsname will be having a heart attack when he reads this!
Apologies and it won't happen again! Obviously G is telling him what t say to the players, using him as his errand boy or messenger so that he can keep an eye on the game..... Any better??

Our local paper has a report quoting Matti as saying we are bringing a new signing in, but not said who or when so next weekend could be another tough one!