Challenge Cup Final 2009/2010

A

Anonymous

cf38 said:
If you are a season ticket holder, you can't buy your ticket online for the game as they will be shown as sold on the online ticket sales as they are reserved until 1 hour before faceoff, so you will have to phone or go to the rink to get them. If you phone more than a week before the game, I would expect they would post them to you. if you aint a season ticket holder, then the system is the same as any other game, book them online and get them in the post if there is enough time.
Thanks dude, appreciate it.

Russky said:
Why do we have to play the first game at home? Why should Nottingham have the advantage? We play Nottingham away on the 27/2 so why not make THAT the first leg? (There is no reason at all why it CANT BE!) and the second leg at the tent on the weekend 6/3 or 7/3!!!! First leg on 28/2 at home !!!! I am not happy at all! Its my wife's birthday the next day and I had promised that we would go away for a few days and this was arranged BEFORE the date of the first leg was known! Now I am not sure I can as I will have to be available to steward at the game that night! MY wife is not best pleased either!

I missed the first leg of Semi against Belfast due to circumstances beyond my control! I dont want to miss this one either!
We are already playing Newcastle away on 6/3 and Edinburgh at home on 7/3. You imagine if the club rearranged the home season ticket game for the cup final and then replayed this mid week, 1st that would be unfair on Edinburgh, and 2nd, season ticket holders have more than once aired they anger on here about mid week games, as I said before I don't think the club could win on this one, and they will never please every fan. 28th Feb is the only weekend date free and also we are also playing midweek for the next 3 weeks (wed 17th feb home, thurs 18th away, wed 3rd march home and fri 12th away).

Wannabe2

TheDevilTorn said:
steve said:
Deviltorn - so what's your question? will you be able to order your ticket and get it sent in the post?

no probably not, because tickets aren't ever sent in the post.

when tickets do become available the event will appear here, http://ticketable.com/cardiff and you reserve your seat for collection on the night. quite why you needed to demand someone find that out for you i'm not sure.
A, I'm not demanding an answer, quite why I have to ask 3 times is beyond me. B, tickets ARE sent in the post, the last game I attended, the 3:2 win over the Panthers, the tickets were sent in the post, C, I just wondered if the ticketing system was the same for cup games as it is league games because I don't know. Sorry for asking a question and I'm so sorry it was such a hardship to answer me !
Get a grip and grow up, the reason no one responded is probably because no one knew, you sound like someone who has just had there sweets taken off them in the playground. :roll:

Admin

Administrator
The last 3 posts on this thread have been deleted.

Keep it on topic/relevant please.

Your question has been answered now TheDevilTorn, so I suggest you drop the issue.

Chris

Administrator
So anyway...

After watching the Panthers v Steelers last night, we really need to be taking at least a 2 or 3 goal lead into the 2nd leg of this final that will be in the NIC.

We all know our away form is bobbins, we all know our form in the NIC is bobbins. At best i'm hoping we don't get embarrassed, but it's hard to see where we're suddenly going to find the spark our away (and now home) form so desperately requires.

After last weeks results I guess we'll just have to hope we come out and play our true home form, hit them hard, don't give them an inch and watch the penalties mount up for the Panthers...

Chris.

Wannabe2

If we play for the club, the coach, the shirt, and the fans then we have no problems. If we play for ourselves, egos,and have a ammateur approach, then theres no chance. If these guys have a NATURAL BIG HEART then we will be celebrating our first trophy for awhile, but if there heart is the size of a PEA then see you.

Russky said:
cf38 said:
If we have to play the first leg, why not schedule it for midweek to limit the number of Nottingham fans able to attend and to MAXIMISE our HOME advantage!!!! I am pretty sure we could sell out the game midweek just with Devils fans! Nottingham have scheduled their home leg for midweek IMO in order to limit the number of Devils fans attending! Whats good for them is also good for us!

Why does the club allow itself to be dictated to by the arena teams and the league?
Why would we want to limit the Panthers fans coming to the Tent ??...how would we feel if they did the same to us, i have had a quick look on the Trent Arena and its a pretty busy schedule so maybe..just maybe the Tuesday was the only date they had......i dont think its the Panthers dictating at all,its more to with the arena.

The way our team is playing at the moment i doubt if havng a full tent or half empty tent would make much difference, as has been said before some of our big players dont turn up for big games- will this be the same.

I cant go to the home leg but can make the away leg...but i'm not moaning. Unfotunately these things happen.

Diafol

As I posted on another thread, the Nottingham Arena schedule is pretty chock-full between now and the end of the season, I don't think the Panthers really have much of a choice.

It'a nothing to do with trying to put away fans off as far as I can see, it certainly hasn't put me off. I'll be booking time off work tomorrow to make it, I'm not missing this one !

Russky

Point taken Diafol, so it makes it even more of a reason to have the game on 27/2 as both a league game and the first leg of the CC Final! It makes sense to do this as the NIC is so busy and it will save the Devils incurring extra travelling costs! If needs must, then have the second leg of the CC Final on the 28/2. It makes sense! If I have to miss it due to a promised prearranged birthday trip, then so be it! :evil:

Gazza272

I still dont see why the panthers cant have the 9th as a league game and the 27th of Feb a CC date?

Unless of course we would rather play the home leg first?

Koop11

Thread starter #31
Nottingham won their CC group (the same group we were in). Therefore, in most sports they would be given preference as to which leg they had first. The majority in this situation would choose the 2nd leg at home for obvious reasons.

In our minority sport, we’re dictated by ice availability and the need for big crowds to obtain maximum revenue for what is a struggling sport. Nottingham will want the 2ng leg for a bigger crowd and the psychological advantage of playing the final at home and potentially lifting a trophy in front of their fans. Simply as.

So, Nottingham have the 2nd leg at their place and we have the 1st leg at home. Baring in mind we don’t want to fill an already busy and important March (playoffs), we need to get the 1st leg going. If you’re the club, do you chose a mid week game that is notorious for struggling to pull crowds or a Sunday game (hockey night in Cardiff). It’s a no brainer. If people have something on that night then that is unfortunate but you cannot expect the club to go for the potentially smaller crowd because some can’t make the Sunday.

Finny

I think Gerad prefers to play the home game first anyway. When he has had the choice (e.g. Manchester playoffs) he has chosen to play home first.

As much as I like to argue that we are being told what to do by the Arena teams, as others have said I think Nottingham would get the choice anyway as they finished higher in the group stage.

I still don't get why we aren't playing one of the legs on the Sun 21st though when both teams seem to be free? Perhaps so there isn't a league game between the two sides between the two ties?

ASHIPP

I'm more concerned about the fact the Devils are playing away at the NIC in a league game the day before their home leg of the CC final against the very same opposition! Whilst the Devils usually manage to maximise the home advantage in tournaments, wonder what affect a potential away defeat to the same team will have on Devils' morale. :?

Diafol

ASHIPP said:
I'm more concerned about the fact the Devils are playing away at the NIC in a league game the day before their home leg of the CC final against the very same opposition! Whilst the Devils usually manage to maximise the home advantage in tournaments, wonder what affect a potential away defeat to the same team will have on Devils' morale. :?
They're professional sportsmen, if they can't get themselves into the right frame of mind for a cup final, maybe they've chosen the wrong careers ?

Alternatively, the league slipped away ages ago, could we not do a Fergie / Wenger and play the ENL kids in the league game so as not to demoralise our higher-profile players ?

Just a thought ;)

Diafol said:
Alternatively, the league slipped away ages ago, could we not do a Fergie / Wenger and play the ENL kids in the league game so as not to demoralise our higher-profile players ?

Just a thought ;)
Alternatively could we not go to the N.I.C. and smash them to bits? I would much rather they came to the tent knowing that every hit would be hard and every check finished at 100 m.p.h.
Make them worry about playing us, not the other way round.

just to be sure...
were home on the 28th and away on the 9th?
so this is a sunday and a tuesday game...

I dont mind the sunday game but the tuesday game... im going to have to book the two days off work and im sure that there are others in the same position. Why cant they play them on a saturday... its not like its a final or anything!?

Diafol

Gingers Husband said:
Diafol said:

Just a thought ;)
Alternatively could we not go to the N.I.C. and smash them to bits? I would much rather they came to the tent knowing that every hit would be hard and every check finished at 100 m.p.h.
Make them worry about playing us, not the other way round.
I would much much rather we did that, unfortunately sarcasm doesn't travel well on internet forums :lol:

IMO we should be doing that every game, not just the "important" ones.

Can we book away tickets via the panthers site or is it a turn up on the day and hope for the best?

Also I take it panthers fans will be able to book tickets to our place on the website on monday 9am. Lets hope we have alot of quick fingers on computers down here. Or better still everyone buys them Sunday night.

Diafol

Hynod said:
Can we book away tickets via the panthers site or is it a turn up on the day and hope for the best?
I would think we'd be able to, all other matches up to the Sheffield game on 6th March are currently on their site