Challenge Cup Final 2009/2010

I'm absolutely gutted that we won't be able to make the home leg. We have a prior engagement that karma would bite me in the bum for if I cancelled! Gonna try and book off the away leg though, I just hope work is understanding and says yes :?

Chris

Administrator
I've got a feeling it's 4 or 5, but i'm not 100% on that.

I'll try and find the seating plan on the NIC website and post a link up.

Chris.

A

Anonymous

I agree with the wenger/furguson comment, resting our main players for the league game the night before is a must surely? After all, the CC final bears more significance than the league fixture. Seems were destined to finish 4th. It will be hard enough beating the Panthers without injuries and/or suspensions.

TheDevilTorn said:
I agree with the wenger/furguson comment, resting our main players for the league game the night before is a must surely? After all, the CC final bears more significance than the league fixture. Seems were destined to finish 4th. It will be hard enough beating the Panthers without injuries and/or suspensions.
If the players took the attitude that the league game meant nothing and didn't try their best to win the game this forum would go into meltdown. If any sportsman, at any level goes into a game with anything other than winning on his mind, he may as well not bother. There could be something in that though, if we don't turn up for the game and just give the Panthers the 5 - 1 we save on the travelling and just have to play the one home game that weekend. Good idea?

A

Anonymous

I didnt say the league game doesnt matter, I said its less significant. It would be a good oppertunity to use some of the youth/fringe players, thats all I'm saying. Just my opinion.

Your opinion is fine. I just think that professional sportsmen (and clubs) should treat every game as a "must win" or their intensity and effort won't be there and we, as fans, would feel cheated. I take the point about the youngsters being given a go but only if the game has gone away from us (but not for want of trying) or we are 10 nil up after two periods and Nottinghams goalie and back up have been thrown out for lewd conduct with each other and coach corey has to go in goal where we can't hear him whining through the mask about every call that goes against them.

A

Anonymous

Gingers Husband said:
Your opinion is fine. I just think that professional sportsmen (and clubs) should treat every game as a "must win" or their intensity and effort won't be there and we, as fans, would feel cheated. I take the point about the youngsters being given a go but only if the game has gone away from us (but not for want of trying) or we are 10 nil up after two periods and Nottinghams goalie and back up have been thrown out for lewd conduct with each other and coach corey has to go in goal where we can't hear him whining through the mask about every call that goes against them.
I hear what your saying, but we can still adopt the must win attitude whoever we ice. Look at tonight, we win away without Voth and Finnerty. We do have some cracking young players too who will improve only with experience. Davies iced tonight and scored, They wont improve by sitting on the bench each week. Got to bed them in sometime ;)

I read it that the season ticket holders seats will only be held until 24th February, not the one hour before game as normal. Just for you all to be aware!

Sorry if I missed this somewhere but I can't seem to find on any of the threads (including the one about the bus up there) that the away leg is on Tuesday 9th March.

Really not good for me as it's very unlikely I can get that day off work :(

Hopefully a lot of Devils fans will make the trip though.

A

Anonymous

Diafol said:
Gingers Husband said:
Diafol said:
Alternatively, the league slipped away ages ago, could we not do a Fergie / Wenger and play the ENL kids in the league game so as not to demoralise our higher-profile players ?

Just a thought ;)
Alternatively could we not go to the N.I.C. and smash them to bits? I would much rather they came to the tent knowing that every hit would be hard and every check finished at 100 m.p.h.
Make them worry about playing us, not the other way round.
I would much much rather we did that, unfortunately sarcasm doesn't travel well on internet forums :lol:

IMO we should be doing that every game, not just the "important" ones.
It can work both ways mind you. What if we go to Nottingham on the 27th ready to "smash them to bits" with our strongest line-up and come away with a heavy defeat. That would knock confidence and make the Panthers feel invincible for the 1st leg. IMO we should rest a few, not all, just a few. Ive just bought my tickets so I dont want any injuries as I dont get to go much :( Not that I'm selfish or anything :lol:

Finny

Either something odd is going on with the online ticketing - or the Panthers have nearly sold out their two block allocation already!!

I notice they have been giving blocks 1 and 15 and Nottingham fans won't be able to buy tickets for any other blocks until after the 24th Feb. In the past though some of their fans have got tickets in other blocks - so it might be worth people getting their tickets asap just in case.

James

Administrator
It might explain the news item on the front of the Devils site. I guess they have lots of fans and aren't used to being in finals.

DevilDom

Finny said:
Either something odd is going on with the online ticketing - or the Panthers have nearly sold out their two block allocation already!!

I notice they have been giving blocks 1 and 15 and Nottingham fans won't be able to buy tickets for any other blocks until after the 24th Feb. In the past though some of their fans have got tickets in other blocks - so it might be worth people getting their tickets asap just in case.
I noticed this too. Mind you if they recently took 500 to Belfast, selling out 2 blocks at our tent (about 250 tickets) shouldn't be much trouble for them. Come one Devil fans get your tickets early as we don't want the pansies turning the "away" leg into a home leg!