Clan v Devils - 19/10 @ 19:30 - League - Chat/Updates

dave

Fife only requested Saturdays incident not Sundays which would not be an automatic due to the Pen called and when realised it was too late...mmmmmmmmm wow.
EIHL really needs to look at the Rugby model and have its own citing officer as to get away with not one but 2 crosschecks head/neck area is poor.

James

Administrator
I don't know if that means he gets away with it or if it gets reviewed next week. Knowing what DOPS is like I would think he gets away with it.
They won't review it next week. You miss the deadline it's your fault. Not ideal but you have to draw the line somewhere or when is too late to request a review. Steelers would still be scouring tapes today to see if they can get another ban for Voth if that happened.

terry hunt

If you google Rosehill you will find that the check from behind is one of his favourites.
From Finnerty's comments about tonights game i think the Devils will need to have eyes in the back of their heads especially Lordo whenever Rosehill,Hendrixx and one or 2 others are on the ice.

Fife only requested Saturdays incident not Sundays which would not be an automatic due to the Pen called and when realised it was too late...mmmmmmmmm wow.
EIHL really needs to look at the Rugby model and have its own citing officer as to get away with not one but 2 crosschecks head/neck area is poor.
Second one wasn't a crosscheck - still, shocking behaviour. IMG_0015.PNG

Wannabe2

Clan cover there games like everyone else as they have to, the ironic thing is that they cover their games very well, which hurts even more that we don't have the oppurtunity to watch it. It's Wednesday night who is going to travel from Cardiff to Glasgow 5/10 people, but possibly 100/200 people may watch a webcast, and that's conservative, so that's a extra 1 to 2k don't get it myself, if it's detrimental to income 7 out of 10 clubs wouldn't be providing it.

Clan cover there games like everyone else as they have to, the ironic thing is that they cover their games very well, which hurts even more that we don't have the oppurtunity to watch it. It's Wednesday night who is going to travel from Cardiff to Glasgow 5/10 people, but possibly 100/200 people may watch a webcast, and that's conservative, so that's a extra 1 to 2k don't get it myself, if it's detrimental to income 7 out of 10 clubs wouldn't be providing it.
TBH the filming of the game is my side-note to the main points of that article. It is baffling though that they don't provide a webcast, considering it's already being filmed as that's surely half the hassle and expense.

The points of the article are more interesting though. There are obvious issues with the lack of an independent review board and, in many cases, a lack of motivation (and even a "political" angle) for teams to cite incidents / players (combined with a tight time-frame for reporting). There is, of course, an argument that this is similar in other sports, but that doesn't mean it's right. Also, another point from the article, refs ,consciously or subconsciously, hide behind this flawed review system.

Ger-Devils

Huge win on the road, 2 D missing and starting NM out- Big game by Murdy once again and good to see Buglass get some ice time.

Will be good to see the highlights of the game- shame no webcast....