Clan v Devils - 19/10 @ 19:30 - League - Chat/Updates

ASHIPP

A fantastic result on the road..especially with 3 key players missing and against men in purple skirts too! Really great to see Tom get his MOM.
So strong on the road at the mo - long may it continue. Safe trip home.

Gospel

2 great results on the road. Whatever was said after Saturdays game has clearly had the desire effect. Big question is can they now do it at home.

I read somewhere that people were looking forward to the Caps coming to town so we could score a hat full of goals, somehow i dont think that will happen this season. Caps had a great win tonight and are a much better team than for the last 3/4 years. Theyve had some very good come back wins to.

Looking forward to the weekend now.

Wannabe2

Come on you beauties, play as you can and the onus is on the other pretenders to match us. We can be frustrating, and we can be the dogs boll--s, love this team.

James

Administrator
I'm confused. Didn't Finnerty say we'd see a different team tonight. Ok we couldn't see it because no webcast but it certainly sounded like the same shower of shite they had down here.

Wow. What a win! Was really worried we'd get bullied against these guys, especially after watching the Fife/Clan highlights from the other night. Looks like class shone through, like a few weeks back when we played them at home.

Happy days! Roll on the weekend! :D

Slartibartfast

Great result and only 19 shots on Murdy shows that we played well defensively but still got 6 goals. So pleased for Doucet also. He has worked so hard to get on the scoresheet again. Looks like he has got his mojo back.

kettdevil1

I have said it before and I will say it again. I have been watching the Devils for 27 years now and I can't remember a team I have preferred to watch than the current one. In the last few weeks we have demolished Sheffield, Belfast and now the Clan with some of the best, fast paced, free flowing hockey you will see. I sometimes get frustrated with some of the more negative posts on the forum (not the well argued ones, more the general 'we were crap tonight' ones) and today reminded me that this is a golden era for the team...... in the most competitive league I can remember, we are front runners. Maybe we will win the league, maybe we won't but.... we have a good chance and the journey is going to be great!

After a tight opening period enlivened by Lord scoring on a Hendo penalty the Devils just swept aside the Clan once we got into our stride in the second period. Douce (who would have been my choice), Lord, Haddad, Piggott, Martin were all superb but frankly the whole team was superb and whoever picked MOM must have been having kittens. I can't think of anyone who didn't deserve it.

Special mentions to Murdy who has been rock solid for the wins against Sheffield and the Clan and also Luke Piggott who I thought took his chance with both hands tonight. Finally Callum Burglass played a regular shift and looked remarkably composed.

Great road win well done guys :)

What I found funny was finnerty said we will face a different team and we clearly never.
Hendrikx takes a penalty exactly like our home game against them and we score from it :)
Also finnerty calls a timeout to regroup the clan get them going only for a clan player to take a cross checking penalty 30seconds later we score again haha!!

How finnerty got a job I don't know and I have Never rated there goalie I'm surprised he is still there tbh.

ASHIPP

A couple of Clan players benched for poor shifts. Don't think last week was the end of personnel changes there. Their coach also under great pressure right now

terry hunt

Well James i see you are also an admirer of Finnerty.
Unfortunately he is a former Devils player/captain was he not and we had Voth who was far worse than anyone in the Clan at present.
It looks as though Simmsy's prophecy is coming true.
On a more positive note i saw from the MNL that Buglass played last night. Is there any report from those that saw the game as to how well he did.

Terry Hunt, is anyone else supposed to know what any of that means? Voth was worse than the Clan at what? TiddleyWinks What was Simmsy's prophecy?!
Anyhoo, highlights:-

James

Administrator
Well James i see you are also an admirer of Finnerty.
I do actually have respect for Finnerty as a person. He seems to have integrity and speaks well in interviews. He's also done a lot for fundraising for Matzka and clearly cares. I wasn't so keen on him as a player however, he seemed to spend his entire time at Cardiff taking his line offside, and its fun to rib an opposing teams coach after a loss :)

Great result last night, was a bit worried it may kick off as the score went away from Braehead but it seems like it took the life out of them.

Looking at the highlights it looks like we were fortunate with a few decisions, especially with the trip in the build up to Piggotts goal but it wouldn't have affected the result.

Also good to see Doucet up and running, hopefully this is the start of an avalanche of goals for him

Finny

How good were those two finishes from Doucet!!

A week ago he would have probably looked to pass, now he's full of confidence and scoring great goals.

Finny

Also how solid is Murdy looking. He's certainly building up a good case for more starts this year.
That one save he made towards the start was superb. I thought he looked shaky when he came in for the 3rd period against the Steelers, but then I guess he hadn't had time to prepare himself.
His black helmet looks a bit boring though. I was going to suggest some crowdfunding for it to be custom painted for him - but maybe it's lucky for him like that!

That one save he made towards the start was superb. I thought he looked shaky when he came in for the 3rd period against the Steelers, but then I guess he hadn't had time to prepare himself.
His black helmet looks a bit boring though. I was going to suggest some crowdfunding for it to be custom painted for him - but maybe it's lucky for him like that!
He can wear a bin bag over his helmet for all I care, as long as he continues playing as he has been!