Clan v Devils - 19/10 @ 19:30 - League - Chat/Updates

KaneDevils

Something obscured the officials vision leading to our 5th goal. Blatant trip missed there. Doucet's second goal was a classy finish.
Clan were literally all over the place as a unit. Some defending was awful at best.

What a win last night, the first chance I had to look at MNL and the boys were already 5-0 up!! Great to see Murdy and Doucet doing so well. For me though the stand out for the last 2 games has been Lordo. He's put himself up the line up and it's paying dividends, he's got the people around him playing better as well. What happens when everyone's back fit?? If they keep winning they'll not want to change things

Aside from the brilliant Devils I too have just watched the flyers and the clan from Sunday night. What an absolute goon fest and a very poor advert for this league. The league has made huge strides in the last few years but it's games like this drags it back under. To me it just illustrates the growing chasm between the conferences.. Very very poor!!

Aside from the brilliant Devils I too have just watched the flyers and the clan from Sunday night. What an absolute goon fest and a very poor advert for this league. The league has made huge strides in the last few years but it's games like this drags it back under. To me it just illustrates the growing chasm between the conferences.. Very very poor!!
Tell me about it! To allow Rosehill to play against us half condones it, as well. I know Fife messed-up, but they need to change the rules here and ban players for such incidents, cited or not.

BostonBart22

That one save he made towards the start was superb. I thought he looked shaky when he came in for the 3rd period against the Steelers, but then I guess he hadn't had time to prepare himself.
His black helmet looks a bit boring though. I was going to suggest some crowdfunding for it to be custom painted for him - but maybe it's lucky for him like that!
purple wouldve been good just for last nights game.

august04

Admittedly, I've only watched the highlights but having seen the Clan physically intimidate and dominate the Flyers on the weekend, I was surprised how quiet the likes of Rosehill and Hendrikx were last night. I guess we've now seen the tangible deterrent of having the likes of Bordeleau in the line up. That was such a crucial signing for this team.

Gazza272

Admittedly, I've only watched the highlights but having seen the Clan physically intimidate and dominate the Flyers on the weekend, I was surprised how quiet the likes of Rosehill and Hendrikx were last night. I guess we've now seen the tangible deterrent of having the likes of Bordeleau in the line up. That was such a crucial signing for this team.

I was happy to see Haddad outmuscle Hendrikx for one of the goals as well. We have solid guys, if their intensity is up there arent any teams who can live with us physically in this league imo.

I was happy to see Haddad outmuscle Hendrikx for one of the goals as well. We have solid guys, if their intensity is up there arent any teams who can live with us physically in this league imo.
I think there are more physical teams out there, but we have a great mix of skill and physicality most of the time, which allows us to easily get past goon shows like the Clan.

I'm still a little concerned about our physicality in the first period, personally. We keep coming out flat, which Lord keeps talking about. Hopefully two great road wins and a full house will mean they come out firing on Sat!

Two of our goals came directly from Hendo mistakes on Wednesday. He's more preoccupied with giving our players a hard time than actually worrying about doing a good job defensively. Muppet.

Johnnybravo1927

Oh, definitely! Mark Louis alone is twice the player Hendo is!
No doubting that Louis is a better player than Hendo but at the time and in that rink Hendo was a perfect fit. Seems to be a lot of people looking down their noses at him but he had a good pass on him, strong checker and always stuck up for his team mates. He is 1 of the reasons the club is where it is now. I hope he does well at Braehead and that people remember all he did for us as opposed to remembering him for fighting Lord

No doubting that Louis is a better player than Hendo but at the time and in that rink Hendo was a perfect fit. Seems to be a lot of people looking down their noses at him but he had a good pass on him, strong checker and always stuck up for his team mates. He is 1 of the reasons the club is where it is now. I hope he does well at Braehead and that people remember all he did for us as opposed to remembering him for fighting Lord
Shame he ruined those good memories by acting like a spoilt brat on his first visit to IAW with the clan. This topic has been discussed to death anyway!

Finner just posted on twitter that he expects to get boos from 3000 devils fans on Tuesday. I doubt that would happen given the circumstances. On Tuesday, he's just another former devil chipping in for a great cause!

Slartibartfast

Haddad has been outstanding this season. He is so strong on the puck. It leads to his line having a lot of possession and territory. Because he is not banging in lots of goals he might go unnoticed but to me he is the most consistent player on the team.

E.D.S.

Haddad has been outstanding this season. He is so strong on the puck. It leads to his line having a lot of possession and territory. Because he is not banging in lots of goals he might go unnoticed but to me he is the most consistent player on the team.
Couldn't agree more. He really earns his money on the boards. He's been superb so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BostonBart22

Shame he ruined those good memories by acting like a spoilt brat on his first visit to IAW with the clan. This topic has been discussed to death anyway!

Finner just posted on twitter that he expects to get boos from 3000 devils fans on Tuesday. I doubt that would happen given the circumstances. On Tuesday, he's just another former devil chipping in for a great cause!
looking at ticket sales there will be around 5 to 700 if that which is a bit of a let down if thats the case.