Coaching staff Depart

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #1

Head Coach Brodie Dupont and Assistant Coach Christian Horn will not return for the 2023-24 season after the club and the coaches have mutually agreed to part ways.

“Brodie and Christian are two of the best people I have met in hockey," said Managing DirectorTodd Kelman.

"We all wish them well for next season. I am certain they will both get more opportunities to be behind the bench with another organisation in the near future.”

moggy#9

This had to happen. I imagine it won't be long before a replacement is appointed. Usual load of crap being posted on Twitter.

Kevlar68

I think it's the right decision on all levels. The owners and Todd definitely had higher expectations than what were delivered this season, we as fans weren't happy with the style of play and coaching set up and he may have lost the locker room which in turn if he had stayed players we may want to keep may have left.

A NEW ERA BEGINS!

RedDevil17

Someone has lost their job and you are revelling in it. Classless in the extreme.
Obviously not nice to see anyone lose their job, but it needed to be done sooner rather than later. Now to get rid of half of the team and appoint a tactically sound coach who knows the league. Someone like Dan Ceman or Danny Stewart.

So long as it’s not Thommo…

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #15
Tbh I think having Franny involved on the bench was a sign that the coaching set up wasn't entirely trusted.

It would appear now that the last Q&A which talked about tweaks to the set up was a smokescreen. Naturally the organisation wasn't going to say anything different while they were still in contention for silverware.

CaldicotDevil

Oh, I think this has been on the cards for a while and I'd expect an announcement very soon.
It says you can expect an announcement with the next few weeks. Which means they’ve 100 percent they’ve got someone lined up. It took 4 months after Lord left to interview candidates and choose Skalde.

Rempel16

I wish them both well.

I’m sure they will make a good coaching unit elsewhere and I hope they get an opportunity to progess in a place with less pressure / expectation.

Excited to see what’s next. And fair play to the owners / management on making the call as DuPont was clearly a popular guy.