Coaching staff Depart

Devil94

Yeah it's Pete Russell surely. Doesn't get me too excited either but when you look purely at his CV, there's EIHL experience, European experience (DEL no less) and international hockey experience. I would rather that CV than an extensive AHL coaching career but new to Europe and UK.

Would be personal reasons behind the move for him (wants to move home or similar) you would think as it looks like he was carving out a decent career for himself in Europe.

I think it the right call, after so many bad decisions he was well out of his depth(goalie situation, PP getting worse ect). Sadly I do think this would of never happened if he had got a different number 2 of whom he could learn from, not another rookie.

Good luck in what he does in the future, i like to see Dixon at number 2 personally or even a Big Lou at number 2. Someone who commands respect in the team, been there, done it, got the T shirt.

terry hunt

Pete Russell would be a good signing for me, knows the league inside out, knows the British game inside out, knows our club very well having been here many moons ago, knows what Keefe is about and knows a lot about coaching. Would not have been happy with a Neilson appointment, whoever the new guy is it’s certainly been done and dusted for awhile, and it should be announced very soon. In the meantime I wish the DuPont family all the very best, and future success, ( as for Fox Jesus no thank you )
Keefe knows a lot about Russell too mate.

terry hunt

Fox has failed at Sheffield with all their resources.Russell has had no success at adult level in Cardiff or Millton Keynes.
Why this demand for coaches who have failed in the UK or for rookies with no CV whatsoever.
Perhaps now the trolls have had their way and removed the dodgy coaches we can look forward to the Forum controllers removing the undesirable posters on here.

terry hunt

Lots of names out there Paul Heavey,BIG DOOG both had success and failure.Steve Moria,Max Birbraer,Hendrixx Devils skill coach,Jamie Elsom,Weber sacked by Blaze as i recall.
Is Dampier still alive ? Blaisdell.Paul Adey and Aaron Murphy double act with loads of experience.Chris Mcsorley,Matsos,Mckenna,John Griffiths,Jonno Philips and Matt Myers double act.Gerard Adams now there is a possibility loved by all(almost all).
All the players taking part in the Batch testimonial and on..and on ......
My dark horse is Finnerty lots of aggression believes in physical hockey,lots of experience.Time for the Devils bookies to start the betting going.

Wannabe2

Lots of names out there Paul Heavey,BIG DOOG both had success and failure.Steve Moria,Max Birbraer,Hendrixx Devils skill coach,Jamie Elsom,Weber sacked by Blaze as i recall.
Is Dampier still alive ? Blaisdell.Paul Adey and Aaron Murphy double act with loads of experience.Chris Mcsorley,Matsos,Mckenna,John Griffiths,Jonno Philips and Matt Myers double act.Gerard Adams now there is a possibility loved by all(almost all).
My dark horse is Finnerty lots of aggression believes in physical hockey,lots of experience.Time for the Devils bookies to start the betting going.
Think Finnerty is part owner of the Storm, so can’t see him leaving what he is trying to build, would take him in a heartbeat mind you. What about Mike MacWilliam as head coach, and Mike Ware as assistant coach.

Can you imagine the cliches in practice with Aaron Murphy, while Adey is trying to keep his hair perfect!!!!!

moggy#9

You’d have Murph before every game when it comes to the pre game speech saying ”cmon lads pitter patter let’s get at ’er”
More of a concern would be him telling the team how awesome Belfast are every time we play them, cos he doesn't stop doing that when he's commentating.