Continental Cup

Ger-Devils

For those going to Grenoble and don’t use Twitter, we’re collecting flight info from fans to see if there’s enough numbers to sort airport bus transfers from Lyon to Grenoble
you can drop me a message on here

tim78

I'm flying in to Paris CDG on the 16th, with an aim to either car hire or catch the train.
Is anyone traveling down from there?
Drop me an IM

Gough60

This weekend sees who will fill the spare slot in our group.
All games streamed live on YouTube. The link can be found on the IIHF Continental Cup site. iihf.com

kettdevil1

This weekend sees who will fill the spare slot in our group.
All games streamed live on YouTube. The link can be found on the IIHF Continental Cup site. iihf.com
So first games are:

14:00 (CEST) CSM Corona Brasov (ROU) vs Liege Bulldogs (BEL)
18:00 (CEST) Zemgale Jelgava (LAT) vs HK Celje(SLO)

I haven't looked at the teams in depth but I would guess the likely winner would come out of the second game. HK Celje have started the season poorly but they have Slovenian internationals playing for them. Zemgale are top of the Latvian league at the moment, although not convinced that league is as strong as the one Celje are playing in.

My knowledge of Romanian and Belgian hockey is next to non-existent so I might be doing them a disservice but my call would be for HK Celje to edge the win and join us in Grenoble

kettdevil1

So first games are:

14:00 (CEST) CSM Corona Brasov (ROU) vs Liege Bulldogs (BEL)
18:00 (CEST) Zemgale Jelgava (LAT) vs HK Celje(SLO)

I haven't looked at the teams in depth but I would guess the likely winner would come out of the second game. HK Celje have started the season poorly but they have Slovenian internationals playing for them. Zemgale are top of the Latvian league at the moment, although not convinced that league is as strong as the one Celje are playing in.

My knowledge of Romanian and Belgian hockey is next to non-existent so I might be doing them a disservice but my call would be for HK Celje to edge the win and join us in Grenoble
And I am immediately going to argue against myself.... just checked Brasov's roster and not only are they playing in the Erste Liga (I believe Gleeson Fournier is still there?) but their roster looks a class apart from the other teams. Their starting NM has AHL experience and they have several players with significant NA experience.

Three names from the EIHL: Chase Schaber who was with Fife for some years, Jared VanWormer (ex-Storm) and Sebastien Piche, whose moustache was more impressive than his defending for the Steelers last year.

On paper they should walk this group.

Wannabe2

Kings and Parkers are booked for Grenoble. It's a long way from Calgary but what the hell!!
You youngsters know how to have a good time don’t you, can’t fault it myself I went to live concerts all over the place when I was a spring chicken, Stones, Beatles, Chuck Berry, Floyd, etc etc etc

E.D.S.

Thread starter #120
You youngsters know how to have a good time don’t you, can’t fault it myself I went to live concerts all over the place when I was a spring chicken, Stones, Beatles, Chuck Berry, Floyd, etc etc etc
Now that is a list to be envious of! Bloody hell Wannabe!!