Devils@Giants - 28 Jan-CC Semi 1st Leg - 7pm - Chat/Updates

Koop11

Re: Devils@Giants - 28 Jan-CC Semi 1st Leg - 7pm - Chat/Upda

I think for us to have any chance we need to be going into the 2nd leg with no worse than a 2 goal deficit. Belfast know how we win in our rink so its going to take a monumental effort to make the CC final. We have in the past however played well when we ‘haven’t got a chance’ so you never know.

Thread starter #25

We will be running MNL afterall thanks to Giants fans David M and Dorothy who have agreed to help us out yet again.

No Jester as he's skiing in the Alps - on snow not on water as we are doing here in Cardiff.

Join me from around 6:30

DevilDom

Red Red Raz said:
According to Devils tv, we are resting Plumton and Morrisette.
Really surprised at this. Whilst I like Svete I'm not sure on Gripters yet and Rama does not look up to standard for me.

DevilDom said:
Red Red Raz said:
Really surprised at this. Whilst I like Svete I'm not sure on Gripters yet and Rama does not look up to standard for me.

To me Jake may not be fully fit with his eye situation. Plumton is great at getting under the skin but he can give silly PIMS away. Guess time will tell.

Have Hope#35

Red Red Raz said:
I really hope I'm wrong but if we chop someone I can see this being the end for Plumpton... Rested for 3 out of 4 games, agitator role could have been really successful tonight IMO!

DevilDom

benh84 said:
DevilDom said:
Red Red Raz said:

To me Jake may not be fully fit with his eye situation. Plumton is great at getting under the skin but he can give silly PIMS away. Guess time will tell.
It sure will, but if we play anything like we did against Edinburgh we will get smashed both physically and in the game.

Gough60

Think we needed Plumton on the ice tonight, if not carrying an injury.
Keefe and his goon squad must be well happy. :DWD

Have Hope#35

Ffil06 said:
Lord who's been in great goal scoring form having to fight due to no Plumton! Another awful decision IMO!

TheStub

Have Hope#35 said:
Ffil06 said:
Lord who's been in great goal scoring form having to fight due to no Plumton! Another awful decision IMO!
Apart from us not knowing why we have rested him. We don't know if he's carrying an injury.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Giants seem determined to bully the Devils out of it now they have their 2 goal cushion.

Even Lloyd seems confident enough to throw hits. Hicks will just bin any of ours who trys to retaliate.

rolf

ASHIPP said:
Giants seem determined to bully the Devils out of it now they have their 2 goal cushion.

Even Lloyd seems confident enough to throw hits. Hicks will just bin any of ours who trys to retaliate.
normally I would be right behind this un, but...........so far he is about right here...........he has done this before though......but he is all we have and none of our skaters, icing tonight, have upset him yet this season.....fingers crossed here

wearing a biff shirt and just hoping.

TheStub

Can't wait for the new building. We look lost in the big ice. Our guys have trouble with the angles, and just seem to get lost.

Paul Sullivan

TheStub said:
Apart from us not knowing why we have rested him. We don't know if he's carrying an injury.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Brad and Jake are both healthy scratches.

ASHIPP

Think it's safe to say Devils will have all the work to do in the 2nd leg next week. Nothing but an almighty collapse by the Giants will prevent them from getting to the Final.

And if that's the case I hope the Panthers manage to retain the CC.

Wannabe2

5-1 now Giants and they have had 2 goals dissallowed, Giants that is, not looking good.