Devils medalions

Not the reaction I envisioned on here,where’s the outrage,the polls ,the giving back of season tickets,very concerned ,these what ever they are has changed the lives and moods of belfast and Sheffield fans
That’s because it’s been smelted from Iron Pyrites, which has many "healing properties" including dispelling negativity and promoting positivity and wellbeing.
It’s like Kryptonite to Inferno dwellers!!

Slartibartfast

Price aside, I think its marketing genius. A great way of getting the logo accepted. (not by the inferno majority obviously, as we will never be happy). The kids and a lot of younger fans will love them. They are fun. Old gits, which many of us on here are would never wear them. But if they were £10 cheaper I would buy them for my kids.

big thing for me is the price its obviously for kids but £22 each is way too much, everything in the rink has gone up and yes buy if you like it and dont if you dont…… but you know what kids are like …. price is morally wrong should be £10 at most

OJLloyd2

I got to go to the Kings v Ducks game, and you’ll never guess what the LA Kings sell in their merch store…

Big old (silver) chains with an LA Kings logo. Apparently every team in the NHL will offer them this year.

Nice to know we are influencing the NHL (obviously joking, but you never know on here).

Ocko

Todd mentioned this (sort of) on AVFTB - fine but he could have addressed this earlier. Would it not have been more polite to the fans?
Surely you don’t mean Todd should have addressed the fans about the medallions?

A piece of merch, that you are under no obligation to buy, that will soon be all over the league with other teams, requires the GM to address the fans over? How entitled are you?

pjj365

Surely you don’t mean Todd should have addressed the fans about the medallions?

A piece of merch, that you are under no obligation to buy, that will soon be all over the league with other teams, requires the GM to address the fans over? How entitled are you?
No he should not have to address the fans
But once the. minor, uproar started he could very simply have put the reasoning on line - job done.

MA18

But once the. minor, uproar started he could very simply have put the reasoning on line - job done.
Nonsense!

Where does that stop? When they decide to sell something that I like and you might not?

I presume you are an adult. Buy it or don’t buy it, like it or don’t like it.

Google Ricky Gervais Guitar Lesson….

Ocko

That is madness. I’m glad running the club has much greater priorities than offering explanations for why they’ve decided to offer an item in the shop.

If you think things like that deserve the time of the bloke running the club to offer an explanation you’re on another planet.

E.D.S.

Up to club what they sell and up to us who buys it but as an aside have they (and I mean all recent owners) ever asked the fans what merch they would like? Curious that’s all. Not demanding it or expecting it. Just asking a genuine question.

E.D.S.

Again no one is under an obligation to buy. Respect you think the pricing is too high and so you’re oot. But the miserable bastard brigade are good value for a meltdown and it’s reached levels of predictability it’s just funny and I like the fact the club are now trading off it. I liked the comment the players would’ve hated it. You have not spent any time around hockey players I would suggest. The fact they come out dressed is an achievement. They will not give a single F.
meltdown?!

That is madness. I’m glad running the club has much greater priorities than offering explanations for why they’ve decided to offer an item in the shop.

If you think things like that deserve the time of the bloke running the club to offer an explanation you’re on another planet.
I get where you're coming from and I totally agree that it should in no way be a priority. But tbf, he has literally just provided his rationale on that podcast. It seems all that's being suggested is if he had done the thing that he later did just a little bit earlier it could have nipped things in the bud.

Ocko

I get where you're coming from and I totally agree that it should in no way be a priority. But tbf, he has literally just provided his rationale on that podcast. It seems all that's being suggested is if he had done the thing that he later did just a little bit earlier it could have nipped things in the bud.
He probably, like most people, didn’t think grown men and women would care so much about a bit of merch.

MA18

He provided rationale because he was asked a direct question.
Let the man run a hockey club not pussy foot around writing press releases because you don’t like something stocked in a merchandise shop that you aren’t forced to like or buy.

Asda have started stocking a flavour of Prime I don’t like. I’m expecting an email from the GM later today.

Give your head a wobble.

Let the man run a hockey club not pussy foot around writing press releases because you don’t like something stocked in a merchandise shop that you aren’t forced to like or buy.

Asda have started stocking a flavour of Prime I don’t like. I’m expecting an email from the GM later today.

Give your head a wobble.
you like Prime !!!!!

E.D.S.

Give your head a wobble.
Isn't Ceiberman referring to the brand overhaul and the way that was handled as opposed to the funny medallion things?

Kevlar68

We like a good bit of merch, we got quite a bit, pucks, sticks, hoodies, tshirts, baseball caps, bobble hats, jackets and of course jerseys.
The new merch and branding is for a new era aimed towards mainly the new era of fans coming through as we don't live forever.
As for my household we think our days of buying merch and SOHB tickets are over as non of it appeals to us, we won't buy merch just for the sake of it, we support the team, we buy beer and food at games. There will be new fans to replace us which is all that matters in the end, the fan base continues and the Devils are here in years to come.