Devils sign Fournier - not that one…

Wannabe2

What a fantastic signing, well played everyone at the club it’s a new Dawn for the Devils. I am so pleased it’s untrue. Happy Hockey Days folks.

Devils86

Adds a bit of competition to the forwards. Looks like an experienced body who will do the dirty stuff, not necessarily put up goals - but we need someone who does the other stuff. Get in front of that net and give us another option in the O-zone

moggy#9

This looks like a very good signing. It seems that we're tooling up for the continental cup. These last two additions suggest that we're not expecting Coughler back any time soon. I hope I'm wrong about that though.

Well done to the club and all those involved in bringing Fournier and herrman in.

Last edited:

Finny

Looks a very good signing and the most-impressive mid-season addition made so far in the EIHL this year.

My guess is that we’ve potentially added both Coughler and Jardine to the IRL as we can back date both to when they first got injured. So whenever either become available again then can return straight away.

In the meanwhile it frees up budget money, which with the remaining £100pw means we can bring in Fournier and Herrman.
Sadly it looks like Sanford is out too so it might be a while before we start to decide which players to rest.

ASHIPP

Wow. The Owners and TK never promise something they can't deliver. Thankyou to them.They were completely quiet about this.....and look what has been delivered! Can only imagine the IRL situation has facilitated this.

A fantastic signing, at the right time. A big bodied, tough,point scoring forward. Merry Christmas.

Welcome to Cardiff, Stefan

Gavevs88

Wow. The Owners and TK never promise something they can't deliver. Thankyou to them.They were completely quiet about this.....and look what has been delivered! Can only imagine the IRL situation has facilitated this.

A fantastic signing, at the right time. A big bodied, tough,point scoring forward. Merry Christmas.

Welcome to Cardiff, Stefan
That Jersey I sold you holds a lot more meaning now too! Knew I should have kept that one haha!!

Rempel16

Thread starter #16
Looks like conscious effort to address the bland style of play we’ve seen so far.

I think this signing, along with a tactical tweak to ensure team defence, now means we are in with a shot.

Just watched all Fouriners goals from the 20-21 season on youtube. Most are very unglamorous and dirty goals from picking up rebounds by parking himself in front of the net around the crease. Don't think we will see many highlight reel goals from the big fella....but this is exactly what this team needs someone to score the dirty goals and some net front presence. Hopefully he delivers! Also consistently good stats in the echl!

lloyd_jeff

It’s amazing how much impact the Inferno has, months of poor hockey, couple of weeks moaning & boom we make some signings, at last. Hopefully those weeks of moaning may improve the roster choices for next season & fans won’t have to point out the obvious failings.
Anyway if your reading this thread welcome to the club.

Pleximan

Well I'm delighted about this signing! As has been said, he is a big body, 6'4" 220lbs according to EP, he has good scoring pedigree for Wichita Thunder in the ECHL, he is exactly, exactly, I'll say it again just to underline it.......exactly what this team needs! Well done to TK and the owners for keeping this one absolutely under wraps, getting the signing done and delivering a fabulous Christmas present. Much needed boost. Very happy with the is signing.
Hopefully Fournier will create a bit more space and scoring opportunities for our smaller forwards to take advantage of and take some pressure off our D.

Last edited: