Devils v Blaze - Sat 09/01 - 7:00pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We're running Match Night Live! from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl for this game and for those of you stuck in snow drifts :)

Devils best be able to keep their home form up across both games this weekend, will be a chance to show we can still compete and also take some points off the Blaze.

Don't think either team is without anyone crucial so let battle commence :twisted:

Chris.

Blaze are nearly back to full strength,only 1 player missing,expect it to be a much better blaze performance than the last time we were in the blue tent,Devils really outplayed us in nearly every department,only really started palying when 4-0 down,thus we were left with a mountain to climb.
Love to see Hirschey not make any glaring mistakes in between the pipes as he has committed his biggest howlers for games in cardiff,I would ahead of the game gladly take a point away from this game and keep picking up wins at home,think the game will be a full bloodied affair with a few dust-ups between Voth,Lee,Campbell.
My prediction the game will go into OT just not sure who will come out on top.

Gazza272

darthvadersjockstrap said:
Blaze are nearly back to full strength,only 1 player missing,expect it to be a much better blaze performance than the last time we were in the blue tent,Devils really outplayed us in nearly every department,only really started palying when 4-0 down,thus we were left with a mountain to climb.
Love to see Hirschey not make any glaring mistakes in between the pipes as he has committed his biggest howlers for games in cardiff,I would ahead of the game gladly take a point away from this game and keep picking up wins at home,think the game will be a full bloodied affair with a few dust-ups between Voth,Lee,Campbell.
who are you missing? thought you lot were back to full strength?

Gazza272 said:
darthvadersjockstrap said:
who are you missing? thought you lot were back to full strength?
Missing Matty Soderstrom,he has been out for about 4 weeks with a broken foot if my memory serves me correctly

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #7
But I thought Chris Allen was brought in as a replacement so you weren't down any players?

Chris.

Finny

Chris said:
But I thought Chris Allen was brought in as a replacement so you weren't down any players?

Chris.
Correct. And a very impressive job they did in replacing a 5th dman with an ex-NHLer on the same wages without going over the wagecap.

;)

A

Anonymous

More snow forecast, I can see both weekends games being cancelled? Bummer!! :cry:

Gazza272

TheDevilTorn said:
More snow forecast, I can see both weekends games being cancelled? Bummer!! :cry:

I think it would have to be pretty severe snow for tomorrows game to be cancelled, the Belfast game obviously is subject to other things of course and is the most at risk.

A

Anonymous

Gazza272 said:
TheDevilTorn said:

I think it would have to be pretty severe snow for tomorrows game to be cancelled, the Belfast game obviously is subject to other things of course and is the most at risk.
I guess, surely tomorrows game is under some kind of threat. Dangerous traveling conditions what with snow and ice. Lots of the weekends football is postponed even the game at Anfield!

Ger-Devils

TheDevilTorn said:
Gazza272 said:
TheDevilTorn said:

I guess, surely tomorrows game is under some kind of threat. Dangerous traveling conditions what with snow and ice. Lots of the weekends football is postponed even the game at Anfield!
The main routes to the rink are clear. I was there at 1pm today and all ok. Bit of work on the carpark won't go a miss though

TheStub

Football have issues with a frozen pitch - something we don't have to worry about.

They haven't enough time for the pitch to thaw, so know that the game is off a long time prior to the match.

drainage

TheStub said:
Football have issues with a frozen pitch - something we don't have to worry about.

They haven't enough time for the pitch to thaw, so know that the game is off a long time prior to the match.
We would be called off if pitch wasnt frozen !!! I have had to drive for work this week and whilst caution needed its fine ..... hope nothing happens we dont need to back up games !

A

Anonymous

TheStub said:

The pitch at Anfield is fine, they have under soil heating!! Its been postponed because peoples safety is at risk getting to and from the ground !! Infact most Prem sides and several sides outside the prem have under soil heating and have for many years.

TheStub

It was a joke :( ;) It lead nicely into the "frozen rink" line.

Driving around Llanelli this week, and the roads have been OK. Only the steep hills have caused any issue really, and then it is getting up rather than coming down :twisted:

The big issue I find is people not adjusting their driving to the conditions correctly. You either end up with the 3mph regardless brigade (safety first ;) ) who hold everyone up, or people who forget that cars don't like changing speed or direction on ice, and end up getting it sideways in unusual situations.

People should be fine.

Russky

Gazza272 said:

That is what I was thinking hence my question on the Belfast game chat thread. :)

Gaz G

Is this game definately going ahead? We've had some more snow up the valleys this morning.

Just want to know asap as it will take me a good hour or so to get to the rink today.

Cheers,
Gaz

The Giants are the only sports event happening over here this weekend so the local news done a big slot in the sports section all about this weekends game.. Should be a big turn out with all football,Rugby,GAA off..

I'm hoping the Devils get a win over the Blaze today...