Devils v Blaze - Sat 09/01 - 7:00pm - Chat/Updates

A

Anonymous

Gaz G said:
Is this game definately going ahead? We've had some more snow up the valleys this morning.

Just want to know asap as it will take me a good hour or so to get to the rink today.

Cheers,
Gaz
According to the guys Gaz, this game is on and under no threat of being cancelled? To be honest I'm not so sure but they know more than I do. :lol: As it stands currently, the game is ON. Come on you D's :twisted:

Diafol

Just to back up Gaz G, it usually takes me just under an hour to get to the rink, tonight from up by yer in the frozen wastes, I think it'll be more like double that.

A

Anonymous

Ger-Devils said:
Snow? I think I've seen more dandruff on my mates head than the amount we've had this morning. Haha
I see "the mate" in question is not named :lol:

steve

well i've just got to cardiff having come over the beacons and it was fine! so if you can actually make it a main road in the first place everyone should be fine.

although it was snowing in newtown, and i think its been following me down so we may get some tonight!

A

Anonymous

2:0 down and come back to a fine 3:2 win, proud of ya boys, proud of ya!! Thanks to OJ and his texters for keeping us up to date with another fine home result. Bring on the Giants !!! :twisted:

Well done boys you didn't let your heads down and shut them out for two periods. I actually thought it was a very entertaining game although as usual I was surprised by some of the refs calls, or non calls.

cardiffdevil said:
Well done boys you didn't let your heads down and shut them out for two periods. I actually thought it was a very entertaining game although as usual I was surprised by some of the refs calls, or non calls.
Well done guys!! was touch and go at first then you gave them what for... :D

Really enjoyed tonights game. It seemed to move really fast and after the first period was gone I enjoyed it even more! I'm glad the Devils got the win they deserved :)

First period was utter shambles, it was really like watching a different team from the 1st period to the 3rd. But well done lads for pulling thumbs out and fighting till the end, lets hope that effort can be taken on the road.
I thought max played really well tonight and was working his arse off, noticed a lot of good things from him. Also good to see the guys getting physical and pushing coventry around. Same again tomorrow please!

A

Anonymous

nmase20 said:
First period was utter shambles, it was really like watching a different team from the 1st period to the 3rd. But well done lads for pulling thumbs out and fighting till the end, lets hope that effort can be taken on the road.
I thought max played really well tonight and was working his arse off, noticed a lot of good things from him. Also good to see the guys getting physical and pushing coventry around. Same again tomorrow please!
Max is one of our highest point earners at home id say, he and the others, as you rightfully said, need to take this on the road also. But yeah well done boys, 10 outta 10 ! Except the first period :lol:

Gaz G

Superb result tonight and another example of how well we can compete with the best teams in the country. Had it not been for a shambles of a 1st period I think we could of won 3 zip.
Max was also for me the stand out contributor tonight, he was playing a tough physical game and seemed to be doing a lot of the dirty work in the corners.

Hate to spoil a great result with a negative comment however, I was watching Smithy tonight and didn't really see him do anything worth while. If he had bust his ass to get back after losing the puck the blaze may well of not scored the 1st goal, his work rate seemed poor and passing was on the whole pretty poor.

Koop11

Max played well but was losing his footing bad. Maybe the rumour about his skates is true. If so, its poor that he has not been given replacements.

The lads showed a lot to character tonight after a really poor start in the first period. Coventry out worked us at first but we stepped up a gear and were the better team for the rest of the game.

Can’t see tomorrow going ahead but if Belfast do make it to Cardiff, it would be great to see us play like we did for the final 40mins tonight and pick up a 4 point weekend. Can’t recall when we did that last.

Great win tonight,after a shocking 1 st period lads turned it round,even max improved later on and put in soem big hits more of same from that jerkyl and hyde palyer.also g take note sign up TYLOR MICHEL on 3 year uni deal, gut top draw and give him the captainancy as well ,what a leader of men he would be.Also little moan said it before but mark smith was useless tonight didnt stand out at all was quite lost, not the margue player that alot people posted on here.you only got to look at his stats, his away stats is shocking.But good come from behind win. :D

TheStub

The first period we let the Blaze play their game. They kept us to the outside and dictated everything.

Second period, we took control and really showed that it was our barn...and have the goal to show for it.

For me Jay had the best game I have seen him have in a long while - and I was impressed by Symonds. He is looking solid, and is a player for the future...really looked the part out there for us tonight.

What a game tonight, stunning come back, and Ive got to say a huge WELL DONE to the block 2 noise boys, you were fab all night, that chanting was excellent, cheers for not doing that gawd awful 'Blaze' chant, you were just as entertaining as the hockey tonight well done, you did the rink and the boys proud :D

TheStub

Next home game, everyone has to do the "hands up for".

Hanson, or Thompson work best, as their names fit the chant...really got to Darnell I thought though :lol: