Devils v Capitals - 07/02 - 6:00pm - Chat/Updates

ASHIPP

NOISYGIRL said:
Finny said:
DiafolsDiafols said:
Don't know if anyone was there but a lot of Devils players were out drinking in the Hard Rock Cafe for the Superbowl on Sunday evening. It's a free country and all that, but if I was of them I'd be too ashamed to show my face in public after the performance I gave that day, let alone living it up in the bloody pub! :(
This was an event arranged with the club - they were giving away vouchers for it in previous games. I would assume that the players had to go there - like they do with the Bowling Nights etc.
Yeh I expect they had to drag them kicking and screaming :roll:

I think I saw in one of the progs that it was a couple of the players idea, hartwick, romfo ? and the fans were more than welcome to join them
Bring on the ice hockey robots! Players are allowed a social life! This event was organised long before last weekend's games, as was the bowling. I get the point though -it does seem contradictory that the team should have a poor game and then be seen out relaxing. But I couldn't care less what the players do in their social lives.....it's their performance on the ice that's important, as long as nothing outside impinges on it, of course. :twisted:

mazza03

I can't remember whether it was Stephen or Ian Cooper who played with a leg brace (Ian I think) can't remember it getting in his way. :shock:

osh

Wannabe2 said:
It was Ian Cooper Maz.
Correct, and even with a brace on it never stopped him standing on the point, taking all sorts of hits from behind ( gaining penalties ) but also having the knack of deflecting shots into the goal. A very brave player and we just don't see anyone occupying the point position these days, even on power plays. Brebant was also brill in that position.

W3LSH said:
BLOCK 3 DEVIL said:
W3LSH said:
Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately going by this thread?) I had to miss the game on Sunday, but posts here tend to agree with two names that keep cropping up for lack of effort / performance - Max and Smith :(

I'd happily see the young Brits take their place who put 110% in every shift
When is it going to sink in people. Smithy is playing with his leg in a brace and will have to until the end of the season when he can rest long enough for his knee to recover. I think that deserves credit not a slagging off !!!
When is what going to sink in?! Smith is one of the players who is not earning there position in the team IMO. To me it doesn't matter if he's fully fit, 80% fit or another other figure you can think of, if he's not performing, give someone like Davies (for example) a chance who appears to do alot more.

Underperforming because of an injury does not deserve credit, when he's taking the place of someone who could!!
Although I think Ben has great potential (and I hope he becomes the next Stoney and stays with the Devils for the rest of his career) you cant seriously believe he, or any of the other young Brits, add more to the team than even a 50% fit Smithy. To be blunt, if you do, you either have no understanding of hockey or are completely diluded !

Gazza272 said:
Batman said:
If he was injured in october didnt we have enough time to look for a suitable replacement.

Mmmm personally i dont think we have needed one, i think Smith has played this year, hasnt been prolific offensively, but defensively mostly he's been solid and depenadable.

Another player i feel has been subject to far to many line mates. I dont think a replacement theory was ever really on the cards. I have noticed Smith skating a lot better the past few weeks also.
At last someone who knows what they are talking about !!!!

Totally agree Gazza.

BLOCK 3 DEVIL said:
W3LSH said:
W3LSH said:
Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately going by this thread?) I had to miss the game on Sunday, but posts here tend to agree with two names that keep cropping up for lack of effort / performance - Max and Smith :(

I'd happily see the young Brits take their place who put 110% in every shift
When is it going to sink in people. Smithy is playing with his leg in a brace and will have to until the end of the season when he can rest long enough for his knee to recover. I think that deserves credit not a slagging off !!!
When is what going to sink in?! Smith is one of the players who is not earning there position in the team IMO. To me it doesn't matter if he's fully fit, 80% fit or another other figure you can think of, if he's not performing, give someone like Davies (for example) a chance who appears to do alot more.

Underperforming because of an injury does not deserve credit, when he's taking the place of someone who could!!
BLOCK 3 DEVIL said:
Although I think Ben has great potential (and I hope he becomes the next Stoney and stays with the Devils for the rest of his career) you cant seriously believe he, or any of the other young Brits, add more to the team than even a 50% fit Smithy. To be blunt, if you do, you either have no understanding of hockey or are completely diluded !
Firstly get off your high horse! I'm talking hockey here, if you want to talk about me, come and have a chat at a game.

Secondly, I've played hockey myself, so more than understand.

Thirdly, I clearly said IMO (In MY Opinion). That's the great thing about the internet, everyone can have an opinion, but some people believe its only their opinion that is correct :roll:

I stand by what I said :)

I'd happily see the young Brits take their place who put 110% in every shift[/quote]

When is it going to sink in people. Smithy is playing with his leg in a brace and will have to until the end of the season when he can rest long enough for his knee to recover. I think that deserves credit not a slagging off !!![/quote]

Underperforming because of an injury does not deserve credit, when he's taking the place of someone who could!![/quote]

BLOCK 3 DEVIL said:
Firstly get off your high horse! I'm talking hockey here, if you want to talk about me, come and have a chat at a game.

Secondly, I've played hockey myself, so more than understand.

Thirdly, I clearly said IMO (In MY Opinion). That's the great thing about the internet, everyone can have an opinion, but some people believe its only their opinion that is correct :roll:

I stand by what I said :)[/quote]

Me to. More than happy to discuss the issues over a beer at the rink. Have a nice day. :D