Devils v Panthers - 18/12 - 7:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

Gazza272 will be hosting this game and can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

I'm not really sure who the regular texters are anymore, so if you could give Gazza272 a pm or reply here to let us know who's available that would be appreciated, or if you'd like to help us out this weekend, please give either Gazza a pm or myself!

Devils are without Voth, S Smith and Davies for definite at this moment in time, i'm assuming Symonds is still out, although the club seem reluctant to say anything whatsoever on his injury...

Panthers are without Penner for certain due to suspension, not sure who else they might be missing if anyone, although they have Heerema in now it remains to be seen who their healthy scratch is...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the big one though, with the CC games being drawable there are 3 results that can/will affect 3 teams in this group...

• 1) The Devils win, Nottingham go out of the CC and through go Cardiff and the useless scumbags up the road from them...

2) The Panthers win, Cardiff go out and through go themselves and the useless scumbags up the road from them...

3) We draw, Cardiff and Nottingham go through and out go the useless scumbags from up the road...

After this week, i'm not sure if I want a Devils win or a draw more... A win sees us not have to play Belfast in the semi-finals which could be good, but a draw will see Sheffield shafted which is no bad thing at this moment in time...

Possibly a good idea to buy your tickets early if you plan on attending this game as well...

Skippy has put a match preview together which can be found on the frontpage of the website, or here ---> http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/news/match-preview-devils-vs-panthers-18th-december/

Chris.

ASHIPP

Noticed someone somewhere quoting the Panthers' powerplay stats earlier this week - pretty poor. But they are lethal on pk with short-handed goals in addition to all the regular goals they score.

Last weekend against the Capitals (match 2), Clark scored 2 SH goals (might have been 3?), Heerema scored a hatrick on his debut, Galbraith and Zion getting a couple each.

These are their really dangerous players.....but they too have scoring in depth like the Devils. They have an offensive(!) D unit and a stand-in goalie who is still returning to match fitness after not playing hockey for 8 months.

But this is still going to be so tight....

(Meyers is injured)

There is the potential for another turnout like the Hull game a few weeks ago with this snow..... :shock: Will be a real shame if so...

Lol... The motorways seem pretty clear... so as long as people dont behave like idiots all should be pretty fine. Its the lorries that screw the roads up.

DevilDom

Wouldn't it be amusing though if the game was called off and couldn't be rearranged until we had a full bench or the voth ban had been reassed! Well it would make me happy. :lol:

Chris said:
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

Gazza272 will be hosting this game and can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

I'm not really sure who the regular texters are anymore, so if you could give Gazza272 a pm or reply here to let us know who's available that would be appreciated, or if you'd like to help us out this weekend, please give either Gazza a pm or myself!

Devils are without Voth, S Smith and Davies for definite at this moment in time, i'm assuming Symonds is still out, although the club seem reluctant to say anything whatsoever on his injury...

Panthers are without Penner for certain due to suspension, not sure who else they might be missing if anyone, although they have Heerema in now it remains to be seen who their healthy scratch is...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the big one though, with the CC games being drawable there are 3 results that can/will affect 3 teams in this group...

• 1) The Devils win, Nottingham go out of the CC and through go Cardiff and the useless scumbags up the road from them...

2) The Panthers win, Cardiff go out and through go themselves and the useless scumbags up the road from them...

3) We draw, Cardiff and Nottingham go through and out go the useless scumbags from up the road...

After this week, i'm not sure if I want a Devils win or a draw more... A win sees us not have to play Belfast in the semi-finals which could be good, but a draw will see Sheffield shafted which is no bad thing at this moment in time...

Possibly a good idea to buy your tickets early if you plan on attending this game as well...

Skippy has put a match preview together which can be found on the frontpage of the website, or here ---> http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/news/match-preview-devils-vs-panthers-18th-december/

Chris.

I don't know what I want more I would love to see the Devils whooop some asses and win, but then a draw would be good so we could stuff the Shuff~Ok perhaps this would be called sitting on the fence time. :lol:
I would just like to know now what will be happening with tomorrow nights game!!!! Saying that I have a foot of snow outside my front door :evil:

ASHIPP

Only a blizzard would keep folks away from this crucial game....oh wait! :lol:

Seriously, most roads are passable now with care - but heavier snow fall is forecast for later today and tomorrow. Will there be enough staff at the BBT? :?

ASHIPP

osh said:
Crikey, hope its on, I'm travelling 3000 miles to see it! (and I'm bringing 5 others with me) :D
Osh - fair play, that IS impressive. :cool: Will you be arriving courtesy of the team bobsleigh?

osh

ASHIPP said:
osh said:
Crikey, hope its on, I'm travelling 3000 miles to see it! (and I'm bringing 5 others with me) :D
Osh - fair play, that IS impressive. :cool: Will you be arriving courtesy of the team bobsleigh?

:D It may come to that ASHIPP. 78F here at the moment, hope Heathrow is open tomorrow am.

drainage

osh said:
ASHIPP said:
osh said:

:D It may come to that ASHIPP. 78F here at the moment, hope Heathrow is open tomorrow am.
Think you may need the team bobsleigh or some huskies and snow shoes !! I live 5 miles from city centre and tried driving on Caerphilly road this morning ..... car became bambi on ice and I came home !

Oh and its just started snowing again..... but thankfully a little bit :D :D

Ger-Devils

I got into work fine at 9 this moring - I work on Nantgarw Industrial Estate and they left us go about half 10 - Got home fine.

Snow ploughs are out on the roads and the main routes are all clear! Just watch for the idiotic drivers!