Devils v Panthers - Sat 7pm - Chat/Updates...

Voth had an ice pack on his foot at the start of the 3rd period, He took a puck to the foot early in the 2nd period i believe, overall though great game for us and great performance by all,

Ger-Devils

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
Voth had an ice pack on his foot at the start of the 3rd period, He took a puck to the foot early in the 2nd period i believe, overall though great game for us and great performance by all,
When I saw him limping off in the 2nd it didn't look good! Hope he's ok to travel today

Finny

I can remember Voth taking a puck to the ankle in an attempt to block a shot - but I thought that was towards the end of the first period?

Hopefully it is just bruising that got worse over the game and they rested him once the game was won. Whether it will have gone down enough for him to play I don't know - I doubt it.

Really Enjoyed the game last night.

Lyle and Michel once again had a good night. Ive not been the biggest fan of Miller but i have to say that was the best i have seen him play so far. On the Third line with Adams and Towe he just had fun.

Maybe a good move to keep him on line two / three and put Michel up on the first

Ger-Devils said:
dmd said:
Voth took a hit to the knee, hope its nothing serious
I was told ankle by a mate? He went to A&E after the game.
It was his ankle. Voth went onto his knees to block a shot and it caught his ankle. Although he was limping, he carried on for a while. Voth didn't ice for the last 10 mins of the game

Koop11

Well what a difference a week makes. Credit to Gerad - he must have worked the guys hard in training and a good call on making some changes in the lineups.

Miller, who has struggled to find his feet on the first line, played brilliant on the third line along side Gerad. Not the first time you've seen a player forced to play his socks off when Gerad is on your wing. Michel has thoroughly deserved his call up to the second line. This guy plays with his heart and soul and has for me been our most influencial forward this season. He is pure entertaiment. 100% effort, hits, fights, scores. What more do you need. He has become the pulse of this team. If it wasn't for Lyle having his game of the season, Michel would have been my MoM. Keep it up Tyler. Good also to see Max playing some great hockey.

Still one of two players who can't seem to click for whatever reason. Good to see Jay linking well with Tyler last night as Jay hasn't looked himself. Hopefully this will be the catalyst for him to return to his very best. Smithy is spells shows why he is our star forward but something is missing. Maybe he's struggling to find match fitness with a couple of niggly injuries he's had. I don't know.

Nottingham showed tonight why they are top of the league in wins and penalties. They completely out played us in the opening 15 mins of the game. If it wasn't for their ill dicipline, we would never have been 2-1 up going into the second. Smith was calling everything. Some harsh calls on Nottingham I thought but some ropey ones against us also.

Great win. Lets try and make it a 4 point weekend.

P.S. - Wasn't tonight our first home game of the season full strength? Could have been the difference for us.

SPEEDACE said:
SMITH didn't ice at all in the third period, is that a case of resting him as the game was won, or has he picked up another injury??
Smith did ice but came off with around 5 minutes to go as he said he may have tweeked his knee again, he was able to walk on it but dont know how bad it was, we were 6-1 up so maybe was rested just in case

Ger-Devils

rocketroy said:
just out of interest and i know it makes little difference to the outcome but when the panthers scored thier second goal the net was off
I noticed that aswell. The hit came in and their skater took the net off when he hit it

Gaz G

Superb result last night. The boys were playing as a unit from back to front.

As has been said Tylor was brilliant and Lyle had the best game i've seen him play.

Fingers crossed Brad and Smith are ok.

As I said on the Belfast thread last week, time together with a full squad will make a huge difference. I believe we noticed this difference last night.

Well played boys, same again tonight please.

Thoroughly enjoyed last night, great performance. I know some people have touched upon it here already but I thought the ref getting the call right in dis-allowing their 'goal' which came off the skate and was in the crease was huge for us. It's not often a ref gets credit on here as some of their decisions are shocking but his positioning was superb allowing him to make the right decision. I think we were 1-0 down at the time (I may be wrong though) and had that been allowed then the momentum would have firmly been with the Panthers after their good start and the result could well have gone the other way.

You won't see this often on the inferno, but well done ref!! :p

Ger-Devils

Max Beerbarrell said:
Thoroughly enjoyed last night, great performance. I know some people have touched upon it here already but I thought the ref getting the call right in dis-allowing their 'goal' which came off the skate and was in the crease was huge for us. It's not often a ref gets credit on here as some of their decisions are shocking but his positioning was superb allowing him to make the right decision. I think we were 1-0 down at the time (I may be wrong though) and had that been allowed then the momentum would have firmly been with the Panthers after their good start and the result could well have gone the other way.

You made the bus then? :lol: Millers shirt was awful, maxi looked like he was off to do the highlight reel!

Gazza272

I thought our Defence shined more than anything last night, during the first period and the first 10 minutes of the second period, other than the goals we scored couldnt get out of our own zone, a combination of smart and organised defence and a superb performance from Lyle sought to it that our forwards had a game to win for us and win it they did.

I said a few weeks ago about putting Voth up on the first with Smithy and Max and was glad to see that to an extent it worked, I'ed agree with Koop in saying that When G puts someone on his line he does it so they have to put the work in, and miller did that, as the game went on you could see his confidence sore, and took both his goals superbly.

Romfo had a much better game i watched him closely last night, i find that when he has a bit of time and makes up his mind early as to what he wants to do then he is fine. It's when he's put under pressure and has to make a quick desicion he seems to take the wrong one. Last night he seemed to make an effort to make his desicions quicker and it meant a more solid game for him.

As For nottingham, well i had to laugh when Neilson said in the echo he doesnt know how his team are top of the penalty table. They just think they have a god given right not to be checked, and when they do encounter a physical game they throw the toys out and retaliate to nothing. Silly penalties from beginning to end, Corey Neilson and Bruce Richardson both threw the towel in far to early for coaches last night, and i think Neilson was out of the game the second Tylor slipped him for the third goal which was shorthanded.

As far as Dean Smith goes i thought he called a brilliant game the only desicion i thought was awful was was his call for a trip on lyle in the second period, it was a qusality poke check that macaslan followed through on and hit lyles stick, excellent goaltending by Lyle. I'ed also say that Smith should have been stronger when confronted with the heated exchanges Bruce Richardson and Sean Macaslan got into with him.

All in all a very solid night for the Devils, but we have to make 2 points into 4 tongiht for us to get fully back on track in the title race for my money.

Finny

Don't get me started on the Lyle tripping call. :evil:

This is the thing with Dean Smith. For 95% of a game he will be excellent, then suddenly he will have a 5 minute crazy spell.

It was a brilliant pokecheck by Lyle. I couldn't believe it when Smith called him for tripping. HE PLAYED THE BLOOMING PUCK! I think I may have made my feeling felt to the referee several times.

Ger-Devils said:
Max Beerbarrell said:

You made the bus then? :lol: Millers shirt was awful, maxi looked like he was off to do the highlight reel!
Haha, the bus had gone so we took a taxi from the rink for a lovely celebratory ruby!!

Now that you've reminded me, I don't think I've seen a worse shirt than the one Miller had one last night. And was Maxi found guilty or not guilty after?! :lol:

Ger-Devils

Max Beerbarrell said:
Ger-Devils said:
Max Beerbarrell said:

Haha, the bus had gone so we took a taxi from the rink for a lovely celebratory ruby!!

Now that you've reminded me, I don't think I've seen a worse shirt than the one Miller had one last night. And was Maxi found guilty or not guilty after?! :lol:
Maxi had gone so not sure! If I knew, could have given you a lift to wherever you went

kettdevil1

Have to say that this was the most enjoyable game for ages. The way Miller and Michel (in particular) kept the puck was awesome - there was period of 20 seconds when Miller skated around the Nottingham zone keeping the puck and just generally looking for an opening. Basically we were doing what the Blaze do to us on a regular basis - puck possession is key.

As ever there is one way of playing Nottingham - they will come at you like madmen for ten minutes, match them then and you will win because they have no Plan B. We did it in the playoffs a few years ago and we did it last night.

Can't believe Referee Smith's tolerance for all the moaning that came from Nottingham.