Devils v Panthers - Sat 7pm - Chat/Updates...

Diafol

Did anyone else spot Dave Jones at the Panthers game last night ?

The start of some sort of tie-up between City and the Devils perhaps ?

Gazza272

Diafol said:
Did anyone else spot Dave Jones at the Panthers game last night ?

The start of some sort of tie-up between City and the Devils perhaps ?

I've seen peter enckleman at games before, but for the manager of Cardiff City being there then that has to be positive.

Any coverage we can piggy back on with other more mainstream sports in the city has to be a good thing :D

Finny

Saw Enckleman at the end of the game in the hospitaliy chatting to Shannon, but didn't see Dave Jones.

However, at half time in the City's game on Saturday Ali announced that if people wanted to continue their day of sport after the game, they should go to the Cardiff Bay Arena to watch the Cardiff Devils take on the top of the table Nottingham Panthers.

Nice bit of advertising, and I know that I've seen Ali and Wayne down at some Devils games over the past couple of seasons.

jimmy snels

i for one was very pleased after this game, it was nice to walk away feeling so proud of the lads. lyle was gud, miller excellent and tylor damn well brilliant and id have personally given him mom award. it was gud to see the commitment levels rising and this was commented on by a panthers fan standing next to me. this same panthers fan also said they'v been taking these poor penalties all season so far and the dont react well to a bit of handbags or a hard check....said fan was very much right!! jay did a fantastic job of drawing penalties and it was gud to see our lads in control of the situation and not doing anything silly back :) romfo much better also so i'll lay off him this week! :lol:

ASHIPP

What an awesome game! Text book win by the Devils and some brilliantly creative moves.I'm still thinking ' This can't be true -shouldn't the score by the other way around?'! 200% effort by all the guys there and G was so right, they seemed to have conquered some major hurdles in their play.

1. Playing for the full 60 mins - AS A TEAM
2. Adapability - G changed the lines around - and it paid off
3. Crucially - not capitulating or getting demotivated when Panthers equalised at 1-1
4. Holding on to that vital 1 goal lead (at 2-1) at start of p2 until more goals scored
5. Penalty kill AWESOME - the guys took pims in the bin but ensured they weren't weakened by it.
6. Quickly matching and exceeding the pace of the Panthers.
7. Taking PIMs on the chin and not losing focus/getting demoralised.

The Devils showed the full extent of the potential that's been there all along - regulation, pp and short-handed goals, great passing, team effort, fantastic defending and shot saving, minimal dump and chase.

Panthers looked totally demoralised and their frustration showed because they were taking silly penalties, constantly wingeing and Bruce Richardson was a complete *****!
HAPPY DAYS - LET'S PRAY IT CONTINUES!

jimmy snels said:
i for one was very pleased after this game, it was nice to walk away feeling so proud of the lads. lyle was gud, miller excellent and tylor damn well brilliant and id have personally given him mom award. it was gud to see the commitment levels rising and this was commented on by a panthers fan standing next to me. this same panthers fan also said they'v been taking these poor penalties all season so far and the dont react well to a bit of handbags or a hard check....said fan was very much right!! jay did a fantastic job of drawing penalties and it was gud to see our lads in control of the situation and not doing anything silly back :) romfo much better also so i'll lay off him this week! :lol:
If you’re going to use the word 3 times in a post at least spell it right, the word is good. ;)

Gaz G

Lid said:
jimmy snels said:
If you’re going to use the word 3 times in a post at least spell it right, the word is good. ;)
U obvs no wat it means so leaves it be init.......no I can't do it either lol

ASHIPP said:
3. Crucially - not capitulating or getting demotivated when Panthers equalised at 1-1
Didn't the Panthers go 1-0 up :?

Great win for you guys and certainly still my favourites for the league title based on results thus far :cool:

jimmy snels

im glad iv got sum1 around 2 help me wit my punctuation, i mean it wud b 2 hard 2 use the +ve iv put on da board bout sat nyts game wit another +ve responce......... :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

anyhow, from now on i shall check for gramatic mistakes and use full words for our "picky" friends :lol:
i stand by what i have said tho, i was very impressed with the lads and hopefully a bit of a run of wins can start for us now :)

Finny

jimmy snels said:
anyhow, from now on i shall check for gramatic mistakes and use full words for our "picky" friends :lol:
It's not about being picky. It's about following the forum rules. Text Talk is not allowed.

jimmy snels

oh dear, i can see the negativity is spreading! gud/good, either way i think i would be more inclined to comment on the positive content as i have no doubts every person on here understood what i ment. :roll:

its funny as someone previously stated on this thread, if we lose a game, 15 pages of rants and moaning, we play awsome and after 5 people are to busy checking peoples spelling to worry :lol:

jimmy snels

Lid said:
Max obviously saw this too and made the panthers player look very silly by dekeing past him and making him fall over into the boards. :lol:.
dekeing?!!? thought it'd be interesting to check if i were the only one!

James

Administrator
It's not about being a grammar nazi or picking up on every spelling mistake Jimmy, its just a desire to keep the forums readable and not descend into an unreadable mess :) Some of the old timers can't keep up with text talk and internet meme reference like us youngsters #cough#
Nothing personal.
As for more posts when we lose than when we win I guess thats human nature. When everything is good there are only so many plaudits you can toss before everyone agrees. When things go wrong, everyone has an opinion of why.
As for the game, I was thoroughly disheartened and grumpy coming out of the Belfast game last week. The Nottingham game was the cure I needed. To not only beat the league leaders but do it comprehensively and make them look silly was awesome.

jimmy snels

i agree, when that 1st panther goal went in the belfast memory kicked in and i thought 'oh no!' but what i got was nothing short of breathtaking for 40minutes. obviously when our stars were having a sit down we were never going to keep the level of skill up in the 3rd, but i was also chuffed hayes/davies got a good skate in as well. not often over the last few years we could give our younger guys a run out against top of the league because we were beating them so bad! :D was interested to see crisp didnt get a few minutes tho :?: id have been tempeted to give him a taste of the atmosphere which was very good may i add :)