Devils v Trappers - 27/08 19:00 - Exhibition - Chat/Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

voth26

Re: Devils v Trappers - 27/08 19:00 - Exhibition - Chat/Upda

Finny said:
Electro said:
Totally agree pjj365. We need to put some perspective into your assessment and remember this is a fan forum.

I have suggested solutions, which is why l suggested re reading. The constant negativity or criticism label is subjective, l believe the few subjects I've criticised are not a constant, that labelling has more to do with reactive anger by a small minority of posters that police the site and react with emotion. Those posters cause people to discuss issues outside of the forum on social media and in private purely because of the reactions of that minority.

Which is sad because debate becomes personnel on here and distracts from the discussion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What solutions have you suggested?
A KHL v NHL game? At least you're not even trying to back up this ridiculous suggestion again.

A training camp away? That has already been suggested by others. But I'd argue that this summer it was important we played more games than normal in IAW to get used to our new home.

As others have pointed out, you constantly criticise the club whilst offering no viable solution yourself. Which you've even started to admit yourself. Each post you make is a battle between your misplaced arrogance and bitterness towards a new arena you weren't part of building.

Take some advise from your previous username and just chill.
What was his/her previous user name out of interest?

As soon as I saw greenbank mentioned that became clear.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SteveKing

Hate to see such a vibrant discussion go unanswered! First off, I really do appreciate the comments on here. There's no business that can't benefit from improvement and constructive criticism.

With that being said, there are some comments on here about the pre-season friendlies that could use a little inside knowledge. Believe it or not, preseason is one of the biggest profit generators for our club. The reason? We don't pay player salaries during the preseason. So the breakeven point for attendance is extremely low (especially since we also do not pay rent at IAW). So contrary to some comments, this is not a bad business decision and holding these matches away from Cardiff would be an incredibly bad economic decision.

So the key then becomes first and foremost, the best possible preparation for our club because our focus remains the league championship, the Challenge Cup title as well as the playoff title. Second after that would be delivering something to our fans that they would want to watch and would come out to see. Obviously the more fans the better from several different perspectives so more marketing is obviously smart but we do recognize the challenge of holding friendlies in August.

Hope that helps and thanks all for all of your concern! I view this club as a partnership with all of you so I don't mind sharing in some of our details. Now if we don't pack the arena during the regular season to see the team that we've assembled, then we've got more talking to do!

Wannabe2

Thanks Steve that's so informative, and makes complete sense, from one fan to another thank you.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Electro

That's interesting, I'm sure many fans unaware of this would possibly turn out in greater numbers if it helped the club financially going forward.

voth26

Finny said:
Ah explains a lot then, wondered where "chillee" had gone and his/her banging on about Greenbank!!! thought that had gone quiet :roll: :roll:

voth26

Thanks for taking the time Steve to explain a few things, great to have owners who are clearly interested in the club, bit scarey that your listening in the background tho :lol: :lol: :lol: are you watching the blaze game, if so what's your thoughts.

Finny

Electro said:
That's interesting, I'm sure many fans unaware of this would possibly turn out in greater numbers if it helped the club financially going forward.
Because the concept of 'buying tickets helps club financially' wasn't already obvious to them?
;:|

SteveKing

voth26 said:
Thanks for taking the time Steve to explain a few things, great to have owners who are clearly interested in the club, bit scarey that your listening in the background tho :lol: :lol: :lol: are you watching the blaze game, if so what's your thoughts.
I had the game on my computer at work but it's tough with a 9:00 AM start here on a weekday. My day job kept on getting in my way so I only caught about 10 minutes of game action. Sounds like player/coach Lord just earned himself some more ice time with that game winner!

Kipper

Electro said:
If pre season is predominantly used to develop skills, team building, coaching etc etc why use the current format knowing attendances are predictably low. Why not for instance send the team to a training camp.

My take on the tone of the announcements of the pre season games gave me the opposite impression. Which is why I made my comments, in my opinion the pre season was intended to have fulfilled two objectives. Filling the IAW was an epic failure, that's obvious. The other objective we have yet to see.

Serious question. Why do you bother attending games? You seem to have little capacity for actual enjoyment.

Devil_Abroad

Thanks Steve, interesting bit of info on pre-season payment to players. Can you get them in 2 weeks into July next year so we can be ready for Zagreb next year? [emoji23]

On a serious note, if fans didn't realise the more games they attend the more money goes to the club then I'm flabbergasted.

Much has been said about the cost and timing. Of course nothing can be done about timing apart from more notice so people don't book holidays towards the end of August. As for cost it seems we did lose an opportunity to offer the games at a lower price range not only to help those struggling with finances but also to attract newbies to hockey. We visited Cardiff twice so we got to see 2 games and I have to admit I was a bit embarrassed to not only see the empty seats but also how it affected the atmosphere. Maybe we could look at costs for next year when we implement the same wonderful pre-season? [emoji3]

Speaking about atmosphere it was wonderful to see so many at Coventry and the noise they generated. I used to hate going there in the old days but it was a fabulous experience yesterday - thank you all. Great to see the note from Sean so it also impacts on the players. Hopefully, when the real season begins we can see full houses at home generating the same level of excitement and noise.

Thanks again for your investment both financially and in your time as a fan; and also for taking the time to listen to constructive critisicsm whether it leads to changes or not.

Any news on Bordeleau's Visa?

Electro

Devil_Abroad said:
On a serious note, if fans didn't realise the more games they attend the more money goes to the club then I'm flabbergasted.
Obviously.

Some have not grasped or fully understood Steve's comments.

SteveKing said:
Believe it or not, preseason is one of the biggest profit generators for our club. The reason? We don't pay player salaries during the preseason. So the breakeven point for attendance is extremely low (especially since we also do not pay rent at IAW).
If it's that important, it's equally important to attract high attendance numbers.

The club by bringing in such quality pre season teams obviously feel they can entice a larger attendance. Why else bother

So yes, having this information may well have an impact on attendance.

I was on Holiday, had l been aware with more notice it would not have been an issue to change dates and been at the games.

Devil94

Electro said:
If it's that important, it's equally important to attract high attendance numbers.

The club by bringing in such quality pre season teams obviously feel they can entice a larger attendance. Why else bother

So the team can play against a high quality opposition perhaps?

Electro

In light of this new information, of course.

I'm all for having a sellout crowd at the IAW.

Next yr, get an NHL v KHL v EIHL competition going.

Finny

Yeh, I'm sure the NHL teams will start their pre-season two months early just so they can play against an EIHL team in a 3000 arena! :lol:

Are the KHL and NHL friends again yet? There used to be some bad feeling between the two leagues because of the KHL trying to effectively become a rival NHL. Hence why there hasn't been an NHL v KHL game in over 6 years.

Electro

It was more of a wish than an actual recommendation. Obviously not realised by some.[emoji849]

Gazza272

Electro said:
In light of this new information, of course.

I'm all for having a sellout crowd at the IAW.

Next yr, get an NHL v KHL v EIHL competition going.

You do realise most if not all NHL teams won't have their roster finalised by the middle of August dont you?

Status
Not open for further replies.