Devils Vs Blaze - CC - 1st Oct 22

Martynwo

Bench #11 fir the game, he's done nothing, it's our skilled forwards putting thier bodies on the line, Martin, coughler, Cox.
Get brittian doing the things he's says he is and supposed to do , definitely carrying him

Riley is a pure

jenks33

I'll take all the luck we can get right now. We need it.
Yeah I think we probably deserved that bit of luck. I think the effort is there, we’ve just got too many players that are slightly out of form and our confidence looks low on the PP. I’m watching the webcast so people at the game might see things differently.

Hockeymad

Well on performances so far we should have resigned mcnally

If we lose tonight and lose to storm tomorrow then I will start asking questions.

Blaze back up is in goal for god sake and a player or 2 missing.

Devils86

Somehow got that across the line - felt at times we were never gonna get the winner. Riley Brandt answered the call when we needed a boost - just loves hitting stuff doesn't he?!

Devil94

First of all that was a highly entertaining game. Anyone who thought the club didn't actually want to progress in the CC won't have that same opinion tonight.

Hats off to Riley Brandt, he was outstanding, as I thought was Crawford, Coughler and Bownsy. Its the first time Coventry have been beaten in 60 mins this year so no small feat. Another tough game tomorrow, a win would make it a very good weekend.

Swarley

Somehow got that across the line - felt at times we were never gonna get the winner. Riley Brandt answered the call when we needed a boost - just loves hitting stuff doesn't he?!
100% loves hitting stuff, even the bloody wall when no one's near it lol, thought this was our best game so far this season, lots of big hits and aggressive play.

Only time we looked lacking was the last few minutes as we kept constantly cycling the puck to avoid a goal .

Fingers crossed this is a turning point for the team

Diablo3

Bench #11 fir the game, he's done nothing, it's our skilled forwards putting thier bodies on the line, Martin, coughler, Cox.
Get brittian doing the things he's says he is and supposed to do , definitely carrying him

Riley is a pure
Maybe he is carrying an injury like Louis was

Finally tonight saw the Devils on occasions use a player to try and block Hedley, although there’s not much point in being there if the guy simply stands to the side of the goalie. Hedley could see everything we were firing at him, whilst he’s Blaze’s back up, he’s been a good goalie for a number of years - have watched him through juniors. In my opinion he fully deserved their MOM.

Didn‘t understand what Thomason was doing getting involved in the scuffle along with Cox. Not much hockey IQ in evidence there in my opinion.

Personally, I am Not a fan of Louis and Batch as a Defensive pairing, and again tonight we saw a couple of instances where we offered up the puck to go for a line change, when there was no apparent pressure on the Devils - Blaze are a good side, they don’t sit top of the league without reason - so why would one see it a worthwhile tactic to give a dangerous side possession of the puck?

A much needed win from a motivational perspective, but there is still a lot for the Devils to work on to put right

E.D.S.

We struggled to a win. A decent and much needed win but we are struggling. It's a positive that I'll take but we have some way to go. Next three games could be three losses and then what? Interesting times ahead. Still absent players.

Give Brandt a multi year contract please.

Wannabe2

Really enjoyed tonight’s game, very entertaining thanks to Brandt and Cox two players who undoubtedly play for the shirt, and show some of the bigger guys it’s about the size of your heart, and not about the size of your frame.Shame it takes a bollocking to play the way we can, still carrying some though unfortunately, but we have what we have. Blaze back up had a blinder, and they have a pretty neat team,hopefully this is the monkey off the back, but unfortunately it may only be the monkey off the back, HATE to still sound a bit negative, but it’s only the team that can alter that opinion. You can only remark on what you see yourself and to me it ain’t mind blowing unfortunately.

MA18

What a talent he is. Bowns look out. Your number one spot for GB is under threat
Struggling with Bowns. Great lad, really great but he’s not firing for me and I think our D see that.
Brandt changes the whole game, lifts the crowd and the team.
Louis great at being a presence, stands tall and gives the looks but needs to let loose at some point.
Cox can’t try and do it all…