Devils Vs Blaze - CC - 29th Oct 22 - 19:00 FO

ASHIPP

Adam Keefe only had 1 season of coaching experience under his belt before taking the reins at Belfast. He finished 5th in his first full season. I’m not saying that this is what we should expect out of DuPont, but he clearly has the ability to be a great coach otherwise we would not of given him the job permanent
That's true about Keefe but he did have the benefit of Steve Thornton in the organisation (a Giants' former coach and legend) and Keefe himself had been at Giants for a few seasons.

It's a fair challenge. What improvements have we seen since the new assistant coach arrive? May be it's an unfair question as it could be too soon and the changes will be behind the scenes and out of view from us but i would expect to see those changes filtering their way through to the on ice product. A powerplay that's lacking ideas, an inability to transition effectively from our zone in to the oppositions, our inability to retain and cycle the puck, the lack of real goal scoring opportunities.... they are the things I'd be expecting to see improve. Above all else, an identity. We don't appear to have one. So I don't think it's an unreasonable challenge to ask 'what's the additional value that the assistant coach has brought?'.
Saturday night we had almost as many coaches on the bench as players, yet we still got called for a "Too many men" penalty!!