Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th August - Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th Sept - Chat Thread

Ironically, the big brawlers - Sawyer and Smith - havent been fighting yet lol

ITs a friendly (lol) but getting spanked four nil will not be good mentaly

IMO you need to win these type of games to send the players into the season in a positive mindset, and blaze fans stop moaning about the fights sure smith went after gleed in the cs don't think he'll be as quick to do that when the hoff is icing (met him today he is fuckig huge !!!!

Ghost Dog said:
Doesn't look too good at the moment. Our defence is like a sieve. Our forwards can't keep posession and have done nothing to seriously trouble Jaeger so far. Hicks is being his usual muppet self handing out misconduct penalties to anyone in a Devils jersey.

We've lost two of our supposed top forwards to misconduct penalties after fights. I thougt the whole point of hiring tough guys was so this didn't need to happen.

But it's only a preseason warmup. Things will hopefully get better.
The only misconducts have been for instigating, Max definately started it...and I can't imagine Carlson wanted to fight Finner.

So apart from having the name Hicks I can't see what he's done wrong?

Voth did nothing to the blaze keeper. It was the blaze player who caught him in the head trying to jump over him. I guess it was the wrong angle for the blaze fans to see but their reaction to voth was quite funny. Everythings voth's fault you know. :D

Devils down to 3. Blaze on big PP

Jonathan Weaver and Matt Soderstrom not on ice?

About the fourth lengthy delay for ice repairs. Whoever is responsible would never be chosen to run a new rink would they?

Oh wait....they already have!

Planet Ice demonstrating their advanced new ice repair system (a fire extinguisher). The ice is in a really bad way.

Well..two seasons ago it was that bad Viper fans were chanting "Would you like some Fish? Whooo" lol

mazza03

Just come back from the rink could only stay for two periods as I have other commitments, but considering the fact that we have had 3 days together and most of that off ice I am really excited, Pelle is going to be a little BG and bit like Vez I think, Tyler was his usual self as was Maxie but I liked the look of the whole team, so bring it on.

Breakaway goal by Phill Hill. Assisted by Ryan Finnerty at 51.55. Devils looking better now, movement and passing a lot better.

Cardiff Devils 2 - 4 Coventry Blaze

Scott Matzka scored at 56:59.

Blaze still missing two D men though. They've been missing since the start of 3rd period.

EDIT: RESULT

I'd hardly call that a convincing display. The passing was mediocre at best, far too many interceptions by the blaze. I wouldn't call them worthy winners but they played more like a team than we did. Terrible display regardless of it being their first game.

Gazza272

Not at the game so cant comment on performances.

But last pre season we lost 3-0 to Coventry who played their back up netminder for the entire game.

These results mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I wasn't at the game either, but I wont dismiss the result so quickly. Coventry's win in pre-season last year suggested that they got themselves together quickly and that they would be a strong unit from the start, which they were.

I do agree that the Blaze win tonight wont necessarily reflect how things are in a months time, they have played before and had chance to look at some things, but we were full strength weren't we and it didn't sound great.

I would dismiss the result far more, if it was most other teams we were playing against and I'm not worried about our result tonight, but it does suggest the as usual the Blaze have their act together quickly and will be hard to beat.

Lets just hope we get ourselves sorted quickly this year too and are ready for the league from the very start.

Status
Not open for further replies.