Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th August - Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th Sept - Chat Thread

These pre-season games are a chance for the players to get a bit of a competitive work out... It's when the season starts that's when it matters..

I love how fans on forums form opinions after one game... Last season a number of Giants fans were hammering Benedict after a couple of games on KOTG, and looked how good he turned out to be. Malcolm MacMillan the year before that.. :)

I think we looked better than we did at the beginning of last season. Come the middle of the third I thought they were looking a whole lot better, though I have to concede that the Chavs did look like a well oiled machine by comparison.

Of the newcomers, Pelle looked promising to me; looks as though he can nip into small spaces before he is seen doing it, but will need his back covered. I thought Max and Tylor were good tonight, Ben was trying hard and Phil's goal just came from nowhere. Looking forward to watching the team pull together.

You can't judge this teams performance after only one game, they have just got off the plane and most if not all the imports looked knackered, but that aside i like the look of the players that we have brought in and don't have a bad word to say about any of them at this time, i liked the look of them all but for me Matzka Pelle and Macrae looked very good signings.

scottydoesntknow said:
the placid casual said:
i liked the look of them all but for me Matzka Pelle and Macrae looked very good signings.
Really? :eek:
I thought Macrae was the worst player on the ice!!!
Yeah thats the way i saw it but hey what do i know i have only been supporting this team since 1986? and by the way they just got off the plane...

the placid casual said:
scottydoesntknow said:
the placid casual said:
i liked the look of them all but for me Matzka Pelle and Macrae looked very good signings.
Really? :eek:
I thought Macrae was the worst player on the ice!!!
Yeah thats the way i saw it but hey what do i know i have only been supporting this team since 1986? and by the way they just got off the plane...
You've supported the team since 1986, so that means you're right? Get real.
So what if he has just got off the plane... that doesn't mean that he can't have been the worst player on the ice tonight.

TheStub

If the Devils team from the third had started then this would have been a different game. We gained in confidence period to period, with the first a shambles, the second better worked, but with some stupid mistakes, and the third more like it.

Liked the overall look of the team, but need to wait before making up my mind about individuals. Our Brits played well I thought, but would have liked to have seen our impact line have more impact (considering that was 100% returned players).

Next season, can we have a wip round to raise enough money to bring our guys in a week or two earlier. Maybe a few buildup games against EPL or higher ENL opponents just to give them a chance to gel.

On the Voth Jager incident, I was certain I saw the blaze player catch the helmet, not Voth. Thought Voth caught some garbage calls, and I'm not exactly his top fan. A better Both than last season I thought, hopefully a return of vintage Voth?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

TheStub

Re: Re: Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th Sept - Chat Thread

the placid casual said:
I never said i was right i said they just got off the plane and so you can't expect miracles.
Very, very true. A lot of tired looking legs.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

On a seperate issue regarding tonights game, I really enjoyed the new intro with all the fire graphics, etc and the new song played with the players on the screen tapping their sticks along. Anyone know the name of the song? Really got the crowd going I think.

the placid casual said:
Yeah thats the way i saw it but hey what do i know i have only been supporting this team since 1986?
Okay you may not have said that you were right, but you definitely implied it!

- I wouldn't go around saying that MacRae looks to be a very good signing if all I'd seen was a poor performance from him. :?

If you think he played well, you're kidding yourself!

I hope it was just the jet-lag and the new team mates, and that MacRae comes good, but right now, he is definitely the least impressive import!

Ger-Devils

Too early to judge players after 1 training session yesterday and tonight's game. As the game went on they started to click and we could see some nice play building.

Pelle is so short it's unreal but he's very gritty and will do well at this year. Good to see the team playing as it's been a long off season or so it feels.

Nice work on the intro and the video before it was great. Maybe an idea to add the rest of the team walking out of the fire now they're all in?

TheStub said:
On the Voth Jager incident, I was certain I saw the blaze player catch the helmet, not Voth.
It was 100% the Blaze player. Wasn't too bad a performance for our first game. Lots of mistakes as to be expected. Better we can get them out of the way now though before the season starts! Pelle looks smaller than Ben Davies, but he definitely looked skillful and was able to get through gaps in the Blaze defence that most players wouldn't be able too. Max left Soderstrom with a nice eye too. :lol:

Loved the video's too, especially the one before the intro with the clips from Wembley etc.

scottydoesntknow said:
the placid casual said:
Yeah thats the way i saw it but hey what do i know i have only been supporting this team since 1986?
Okay you may not have said that you were right, but you definitely implied it!

- I wouldn't go around saying that MacRae looks to be a very good signing if all I'd seen was a poor performance from him. :?

If you think he played well, you're kidding yourself!

I hope it was just the jet-lag and the new team mates, and that MacRae comes good, but right now, he is definitely the least impressive import!
I think your user name says it all really.

Nitra said:
On a seperate issue regarding tonights game, I really enjoyed the new intro with all the fire graphics, etc and the new song played with the players on the screen tapping their sticks along. Anyone know the name of the song? Really got the crowd going I think.
Nickelback - Burn it to the Ground. Dark Horse album I think.

the placid casual said:
Yet another well informed post, completely un-related to the topic ofcourse. You can't keep up with the kids anymore old man, so you have to resort to petty comments such as the one above

scottydoesntknow said:
the placid casual said:
Yet another well informed post, completely un-related to the topic ofcourse. You can't keep up with the kids anymore old man, so you have to resort to petty comments such as the one above
What exactly is your point all i said was that i thought Stuart Macrae was a pretty good player and you are having a go at me, and for the record do you know me? because i can assure you i am not an old man.

PinkDevilBunny said:
I'd hardly call that a convincing display. The passing was mediocre at best, far too many interceptions by the blaze. I wouldn't call them worthy winners but they played more like a team than we did. Terrible display regardless of it being their first game.
For goodness sake they have had one training session then a game, they need to get used to one another.

I saw some good things tonight and am quite excited about the season

Status
Not open for further replies.