Devils Vs Blaze - League - 26th Nov 22 - 19:00 FO

lloyd_jeff

That's never been his game. His game is to step in when there is an issue and there have been plenty of times this year (Sheffield away first league game of the season, multiple Manchester games) when he has stepped in after bad hits, clearly ready and the opposition has melted away.

So.... I am struggling to think of anyone who has challenged him. Any ideas?
Maybe it’s time he changed his game for the needs of the club.

august04 2.0

Who has challenged him this season?
Is he a deterrent/stopping people from hitting us around? I don’t necessarily think so. He often has ”a word” but sometimes you’ve got to get nasty and no choice people, even with the instigator rule. Let’s be honest, it's people like Cox and Sanford that most often have to spice things up, while our heavyweights don’t add anything to the physical side of the game (and I’m not just talking about fighting).

kettdevil1

Is he a deterrent/stopping people from hitting us around? I don’t necessarily think so. He often has ”a word” but sometimes you’ve got to get nasty and no choice people, even with the instigator rule. Let’s be honest, it's people like Cox and Sanford that most often have to spice things up, while our heavyweights don’t add anything to the physical side of the game (and I’m not just talking about fighting).
It's an interesting argument and I (partially) agree with you. I think it was away to Manchester where he unloaded on (again, I think, my memory is going with age) Scott Simmonds and it was exactly what we needed. Sometimes I do wish he was less reasonable so for example Coventry away in the cup there was a horrible slash by (again usual caveat) Halbert. Lou came over, had words but didn't do anything more, we lost that game and I remember thinking that it would be worth taking the extra penalty.

No evidence at all for the next comment but I do wonder if the fact that we have appeared to be playing with two D men carrying significant knocks also weighs on his mind but..... in answer to your original question, yes I think he is but.... a few more reminders would be helpful.

kettdevil1

The answer isn‘t fighting, the answer is the physical intimidation and pushing through to achieve the objectives rather than skating around acting like Billy Big Balls whilst those to scared to fight are shutting out our PP.
Now I am confused. Your original argument was that Todd was incorrect in that there wasn't anyone to challenge Lou but we appear to have reached a dead end in that conversation unless you have further evidence. Now you appear to be saying that those who are too scared too fight are the future?

Maybe if you can give the name of a current player that you would like in a Devils jersey who provides the answer in terms of physical intimidation? In the past I could list a whole host but now..... who?

lloyd_jeff

Now I am confused. Your original argument was that Todd was incorrect in that there wasn't anyone to challenge Lou but we appear to have reached a dead end in that conversation unless you have further evidence. Now you appear to be saying that those who are too scared too fight are the future?

Maybe if you can give the name of a current player that you would like in a Devils jersey who provides the answer in terms of physical intimidation? In the past I could list a whole host but now..... who?
I’ll leave you assume your conclusion & remain confused. Future ? WTF are you on.

lloyd_jeff

So that's another blank for names from you?

See, the thing is, I can't think of one, in the past Keefe, Fitzgerald, Desbiens, Clouthier and others were easy to find, now..... not so much
How is me picking a name going to prove anything, my point is nobody is challenging him because there simply isn’t any need to, he’s not imposing his aggression onto any opposition, so why would anyone want to instigate. Now if Billy Big Balls turns up and starts opening up lanes, muscling forwards & nobody reacts, fine I’ve no argument. So let’s return to “evidence” when Billy Big Balls starts playing.

kettdevil1

How is me picking a name going to prove anything, my point is nobody is challenging him because there simply isn’t any need to, he’s not imposing his aggression onto any opposition, so why would anyone want to instigate. Now if Billy Big Balls turns up and starts opening up lanes, muscling forwards & nobody reacts, fine I’ve no argument. So let’s return to “evidence” when Billy Big Balls starts playing.
Your initial argument was that Todd was wrong, great, let's hear you evidence..... no facts so far
Then you said that the answer was physical intimidation, great, let's hear you were thinking of..... no facts so far.

Now you are kicking the argument into the future

As Wannabe says, the only player I would have on a par in terms of toughness in the EIHL is Gagnon. I think the difference there though is that Gagnon is a poor defenceman whilst Lou is solid.

BostonBart quite rightly brings up Ruddy who is a gamer but not an established heavyweight

So..... at the risk of repeating myself..... any facts at all?

lloyd_jeff

Your initial argument was that Todd was wrong, great, let's hear you evidence..... no facts so far
Then you said that the answer was physical intimidation, great, let's hear you were thinking of..... no facts so far.

Now you are kicking the argument into the future

As Wannabe says, the only player I would have on a par in terms of toughness in the EIHL is Gagnon. I think the difference there though is that Gagnon is a poor defenceman whilst Lou is solid.

BostonBart quite rightly brings up Ruddy who is a gamer but not an established heavyweight

Arguement, evidence, the future, facts. You don’t mention opinion, funny that your premise is for me to ”prove” my opinion. It’s the past you’ve neglected to address my learned friend.

lloyd_jeff

Fact is, Billy Big Balls, fighter extraordinaire, Enforcer, intimidator or whatever your facts prove against my opinion is, this is the real kicker, he’s not contributing anything to the success of our games. Boooom.

kettdevil1

Arguement, evidence, the future, facts. You don’t mention opinion, funny that your premise is for me to ”prove” my opinion. It’s the past you’ve neglected to address my learned friend.
Opinions are fine but you know what they say about them :)

I was just wondering why you thought Todd was wrong and who you thought could provide physical intimidation but sadly that wasn't forthcoming so..... hey ho.

As you say we do need to address the past and as Kevin R rightly says, this is beginning to remind me of Mazzoak/Chillee/Electro threads so..... I believe we have a game to get to shortly