Devils Vs Blaze - League - 26th Nov 22 - 19:00 FO

I can't afford tickets anymore but did treat myself to the Continental Cup streams. Poor opposition made us look decent. Going by these stats its fifth at best this season. And by god we are poor from what I've seen. I didn't like the make up of this team pre season, returnees made me scratch my head a bit in confusion as to how they would fit in. Coach managed to break CCS line that was working and proven. I was at the first game in each rink we have played in and what has happened to the game and team i fell in love with? Sterile, almost rec hockey these days. Maybe that's where the league is heading now but if so it's going to be a poor product compared to the old Heineken league days, nevermind what followed after.

This years team is not doing so great, could be new coach, could be new players, could be the Nettie, but we need to pull our finger out of our backside and fight for every game , we need a bit of passion and drive or we are not going to be a top team or even have the chance for a win for a cup

NathanG

I've given up on the league now. We've absolutely no chance. We might fluke a challenge cup and pinch the playoffs again.

I'm just hoping we win the conti cup. That's well within our grasp if we can overcome Nitra. I'd consider that a massive success.

Slartibartfast

I have seen more checks thrown in a game of field hockey. After 32 years of watching the Devils this is the first season where I am not enjoying watching for more games than not.
And please stop that stupid back pass on the powerplay. Is that the only entry Dupont knows?. Its so predictable and allows the opposition time to set 4 men on the blue line. 6 for 0 on the powerplay is not good enough.
Lord would have never tolerated this.

ASHIPP

I foresee a zero point weekend tbh. Devils did ok last weekend in the Continental Cup. All that effort has obviously taken it out of them!. Don't know why it is so difficult to readjust to the domestic league.

Stewart has his team playing well - great work ethic, a bit of passion, well drilled..
No superstars, just everyone playing ad a unit and understanding their role.

No evidence of any improvements in key areas in the last few weeks for the Devils. Why is their pp so poor? Why can't they seem to close out games? It's the same old problems every game. The statistics speak for themselves.

A team can never afford to lose home games if they are serious about doing well in the League.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Going to IAW is getting to be one hard slog,and is certainly a chore, I don’t mind losing one bit, but there’s no entertainment, we don’t have one character and this team is soulless to the core. Was hoping we would have made numerous changes by now, due to this outfit being so poor, but I’ve given up on this season and it’s only November. I have never in 36yrs been so bored, cheesed off, disappointed, and pissed off watching a Devils team as watching this shower. Yes they beat a few poor European teams,but there’s no backbone, no passion, and this crap is going to start losing punters churning out this garbage. Sorry devils but you need to start having a good look at yourself because this borefest is sickening.

Going to IAW is getting to be one hard slog,and is certainly a chore, I don’t mind losing one bit, but there’s no entertainment, we don’t have one character and this team is soulless to the core. Was hoping we would have made numerous changes by now, due to this outfit being so poor, but I’ve given up on this season and it’s only November. I have never in 36yrs been so bored, cheesed off, disappointed, and pissed off watching a Devils team as watching this shower. Yes they beat a few poor European teams,but there’s no backbone, no passion, and this crap is going to start losing punters churning out this garbage. Sorry devils but you need to start having a good look at yourself because this borefest is sickening.[/QUOTE
Doesn’t bother them if the punters leave ! They’ll just sell tickets for £10 and forgot about us season tickets holders who have payed full whack! No incentive