Devils Vs Giants - League - 10th Dec 22 - 19:00 FO

Earnie

A great win against Giants. Bownsey could easily have got MoM.
I hope Jardine is not added to our casualty list.
They were short benched but so were we to an equal amount. Who do I dislike most Giants or Steelers? Definitely Giants

E.D.S.

Difficult one for the boys tonight… Bownsy gets run and no retribution. We’re low on bodies and our main enforcer but I’m a bit old school with this… that is just a big no no and he should have been made to answer for it.

Great game for Sanford tonight. Good win.

Guildford keep marching on.

JC23

Difficult one for the boys tonight… Bownsy gets run and no retribution. We’re low on bodies and our main enforcer but I’m a bit old school with this… that is just a big no no and he should have been made to answer for it.

Great game for Sanford tonight. Good win.

Guildford keep marching on.
You may want to re-watch before calling that mate. Bast(?) lost an edge, and ended up going into the net hitting Bowns right leg. Wasn’t much Bast could have done, and would have been a stupid penalty to take.

Samael

Wasn't expecting this result at all, so l'm pleasantly surprised, was expecting them to really push us around and put constant offensive pressure on us with our headless chicken defence. I bet Keefe is furious which is immensly satisfying :)

Credit where credit is due we've taken a win from a team I didn't see us beating at all this year. Hopefully we can go on and buck the trend by also getting a win in Nottingham (outside of pofw) tomorrow to making this a valuable weekend.

Was the QA productive, or just a bunch of season ticket happy clappers asking him easy pointless questions? I'm assuming it will be online eventually if JD was there though.

E.D.S.

You may want to re-watch before calling that mate. Bast(?) lost an edge, and ended up going into the net hitting Bowns right leg. Wasn’t much Bast could have done, and would have been a stupid penalty to take.
No need. It doesn’t matter. It’s a no no. Intentional or not.

Rempel16

No need. It doesn’t matter. It’s a no no. Intentional or not.
Agreed, and the way he left his leg out made it worse. He should have been taken to task.

Cooper and Foley took liberties all night, and I hope that’s not forgotten in future games where Lou is back in the lineup.

Hedd Wyn John

Good performance from the Devils tonight, Bowns was strong in net. The D did a great job pinning Belfast back and Sanford, well say no more. Both sides were making mistakes tonight and it tool a while for the Devils to find a rhythm. I'll take the win for sure. Belfast seem to be going through a rough patch at the moment though I'm sure they'll be back on form soon. Now we just need to keep this league win streak rolling.

E.D.S.

Agreed, and the way he left his leg out made it worse. He should have been taken to task.

Cooper and Foley took liberties all night, and I hope that’s not forgotten in future games where Lou is back in the lineup.
Agreed. It’s a bit like saying… “you can take our goalie out but as long as it’s an accident it’s ok”.
Cooper was physical tonight and a right pain. Refs were so inconsistent tonight

E.D.S.

Just needs to the right D Partner. He’d be the first D Man I’d have back (just behind Mr Reliable #17 Of course)
I’m really not sold on him. He could be exceptional in a couple of years but right now I don’t see it. He turns over the puck, makes mindless plays and just doesn’t have the composure that we need.

Slartibartfast

Great game to watch. Teams look evenly matched. We were missing Reid Coughler and Louis so a good result though Belfast were also short. Sandford is just a goal machine. It will be a disaster if he ever gets injured. Not a massively physical game but more so than usual so heading in the right direction. Todd said Brandt is carrying an injury which is why he is a not his usual wrecking ball self.

Todd had some interesting things to say. He and the management are as frustrated with the inconsistency and lack of physicality as the fans. They are always looking at new players but none who suit are available. Register wanted too much money which meant with the wage cap others would be on less.

He also revealed after the 4 losses in the CC, he told the team 2 players would be going if they didn't win. It seemed to do the job.

I missed the first bit but when I arrived he seemed to be defending some of the players who are getting criticised like Crawford and Thompson.

MA18

Stripes missed a lot tonight. Three high sticks against us - nothing given. One for them and we get 4 mins. It was crying out for a fight tonight to sort things out.
The ref wearing 3 was dreadful. Missed three high sticks and at one point has a few words with one of the other officials. Shame we only had 5 then 4 D men and weren’t really able to police it correctly.
Surely as a referee your job is to officiate the game and protect players…they did neither very well.
Giants player made sure he found a drop of blood in his mouth to gain that 4 minute penalty. That and Jardine going off made us play like we were on a penalty kill for about 10mins.