Devils Vs Gothics - Pre-Season - 2nd Sep 23 (FO 19:00) & 3rd Sep 23 (FO 16:00)

moggy#9

We haven't got the firepower (in the respect of intimidation or toughness) to properly combat a team that comes to ours and decides they're gonna play a hard intimidating game, getting our more skilled and smaller players into a confrontational physical battle will nullify our players threat imo, if teams start realising that's the way to combat our speed and skill more teams will use that tactic. I still believe a bit of toughness is necessary so our game winners can play their game, no doubt time will tell.
I suspect that next weekend against Glasgow will be the litmus test of that.

Wannabe2

I suspect that next weekend against Glasgow will be the litmus test of that.
It sure will, if we can fight fire with fire then we will be fine. We sure as hell don’t want to be bullied in our own barn, what I will say is we have a few feisty guys in our line up, if we can be clever with our decisions then just maybe we can use that to our advantage. Teams won’t want to be shorthanded when they play us.

Swarley

Well if Todd & the owners are reading this, wildly off topic, but to save me getting the usual suspects ranting at me by writing a new topic, I’ll just drop this in. Look at a dodgy sponsor please that’s going around on X.

https://x.com/gavevans88/status/1698246754343252158?s=61&t=SF84k0tefX0IYTFqPI5alA

From what I've just read on twitter Batch has had to sort it as the guy in question is ignoring and blocking everyone.

Now I've been critical of Batch for a few seasons but him having to sort out that mess has gained some respect from me because he shouldn't of had to.

Fingers crossed the owners and TK have him stripped from sponsorship and removed from the jersey sleeves.

Devils86

This team has so many new qualities that were missing from last season....aggression, togetherness, speed and winning mentality. Oh, and a coach who motivates, communicates and is fearless making changes to tactics. How completely refreshing. This is exciting.

Highlight of the game for me was a lovely reminder from Joey why he is , and always will be, THE GOAT. Period 2 pressing for a goal, he was covered and blocked by 3 Amiens players. Joey lauched a masterclass in stick skills, dragging and pushing the puck, skating in abrupt circles and decoying the opposition....a few moments of genius which was acknowledged by a huge round of applause.
I forgot to mention the above, was almost perfect, just needed to hit the net. What isn't mentioned above is that all that happened on the PK so are up valuable time as well.

Another thing I forgot: Batch getting two minutes due to the Frenchman bottling out of a fight after a late hit. Very unlike the French to run from a fight. Ridiculous call.

Slartibartfast

I think yesterdays game lulled the Devils into a false sense of security because the first 2 periods were pretty poor and Amiens looked a lot better than the previous night.

But they went up a gear and played with intensity in the third for a great comeback which shows great character
Lots to like about this team. It doesn't look like we have signed any turkeys but the standout for me was Arniel. I also liked Donaghey. It was treat to watch physical hockey again.

The game reminded of a few years back when we had trouble beating an in form goalie but you could rely on Layne Ulmer to get a redirect goal. There were 2 redirects today.

I don't know if we will win the league or not but I think we are going to see a lot better hockey this season than last.

Only negative note was the daft idea to collect rubbish during the game. I don't mind keeping the rink tidy but not during play for Gods sake.

From what I've just read on twitter Batch has had to sort it as the guy in question is ignoring and blocking everyone.

Now I've been critical of Batch for a few seasons but him having to sort out that mess has gained some respect from me because he shouldn't of had to.

Fingers crossed the owners and TK have him stripped from sponsorship and removed from the jersey sleeves.
this sponsor needs to be removed ASAP, Looking on twitter he is now playing the victim game, Just look on his google reviews and customers asking for bathrooms they have bought. Not the type of person we want within out club

Credit to Batch for getting involved and sorting the issue out, last thing i suspect he needs this month with games coming up and birth of his first child.

NathanG

Can't see him anymore. I think he might have blocked me. Can't imagine why

Swarley

Can't see him anymore. I think he might have blocked me. Can't imagine why
Bud he's blocking anyone who so much as looks like a devils fan, he's clearly a scam artist who got caught out.

And the fact he was calling out a 17 year old kid to fight him outside the arena shows what kind of guy he is, especially as he doesn't seem interested when an adult offered to take him up on the offer.

@SteveKing i dunno if you've read any of this but it doesn't paint a pretty picture that the clubs taken sponsorship money from a guy who from what I can see on all the reviews is an out and out scammer, he's clearly used the money he's taken from customers to buy his spot on the sleeve and not honored the sales.

lloyd_jeff

In business it’s called due diligence, you never take money from an organisation without doing checks. Obviously there’s a margin of uncertainty, this moron though wouldn’t have passed a basic internet check. Unbelievable how he’s managed to become a “super fan” & shirt sponsor so quickly, I could be wrong, l was told less than 3 games, without raising a single concern.

Last edited:

lloyd_jeff

Search @tradeprices on Twitter, you’ll get everything there. There seems to be a trend in companies approaching the Devils that arn’t less say “proven” so we don’t start accusing people. Add this to the less than socially acceptable behaviour of Sponsors at the rink, it all is getting a bit smelly.

Last edited:

E.D.S.

Forget challenges with sponsors, I’ve just seen a shocking video from David Simms on Twitter. He’s not endearing himself to our French friends. Xenophobia at its best.

This guys is untouchable. What does it take for him to be sacked?

Would attach a link but no idea how. I’m sure someone else will.

lloyd_jeff

The inferno’s own Alan Sugar, Electro, giving us a BTEC Business Studies lesson, because he knows a term 99.9% of the forum already know.
I was being condescending but not to the 99.9% of forum members, but l guess that went over your head…..