Devils Vs Panthers - League - 29th Jan 22

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
In the second home game in 2 nights the Panthers are the visitors this time. Since the questionable decision to release Tim Wallace Panthers have had a brief resurgence followed by return to mediocrity. They are however a team we've struggled against this season and can't be taken lightly.

Wannabe2

Time to tank the Panthers, 2 games 2 losses need to put the record to 2-1 now on Saturday. Hoping for a 4 point weekend to keep the pressure on. Especially with Giants still having to face the Steelers 5 more times.

moggy#9

I have a sneaky feeling that coughler and Brandt are going to be on fire for their first games in front of fans. If fife keep it close tonight it's going to be because Owen has a horse shoe stuck up his ass (to borrow an expression). ;-)

With Louis suspended, and Register and Mikkelson both being ’minute munchers’, I’d use Josh Batch in a Utility role tonight. Have him as the spare D’man when Richardson and McNulty need a rest, but also utilise him as a forward skating with McNally and Brandt. Give the Panthers a wrecking ball line to deal with and have to match up against, and take their focus away from Coughler, Reid, Cox & Crandall etc

jenks33

People will disagree but I find Big Lou’s actions last night a bit brainless. 4-0 up with 5 minutes left against the bottom placed team. He will miss two big matches now and he’s slightly lucky that it’s only two games.

Devil94

Not one person is on his back. No one is questioning his commitment, skill, toughness etc. I agree with you he's one of the best we have seen. But he made a stupid hit when the game was won, against a small guy, and it wasn't even in retaliation for anything big that happened in the game.
Because of that he has let his teammates down by missing two very important games. I'm sure he'll more disappointed in himself than anybody, and he's experienced enough to know that it was brainless, and he will be gutted to miss the next two.

E.D.S.

It was a build up from an earlier collision with Chase. This was bubbling all game. It was a mistimed hit, disappointing to miss the two games but no dramas. Louis been superb all season. He’s a big guy that runs the risk of being banned every time he lays a hit. He policed things so well last night, Isaacs tried to throw his weight around all game but Lou had a word and kept his cool as he did when Batch got hit. If you take the hit in isolation, it looks pointless and foolish, the bigger picture is much different. He went for a hit against someone who he’d had a scuffle with before and had a go at one of our other playersearlier, he got the hit wrong. Nothing more.