Devils Vs Panthers - League - 4th Nov 22 - 19:30 FO

jenks33

Very good win. I thought 3-0 after the first period flattered us a bit but on the other hand we deserved to score more than one goal in the second. Dubeau made some crucial saves in that second period to keep the score down. Fair play very solid display by Bownsy tonight, hopefully leaving the game with 30 seconds left was just precautionary.

moggy#9

The devils actually looked a cohesive and organised unit. Even the power play, which I've often derided, looked dangerous and seemed unlucky not to capitalise more. I just hope they can keep this up against the much better opposition they'll faces in Belfast.

BostonBart22

It looked Bowns pulled a muscle at the end.
Or a groin pull which could be nasty on times, great game , best overall performance for a long time, thought we could've had 5 first period, we came out 2nd period knowing panthers would be flying but our D stood firm then we snatch a 4th just b4 end 2nd period.. 3rd period all devils it was like the fife game all over again. .Great win boys, hoping for a point or 2 in belfast sunday, hope bownsy not to badly injured.

august04 2.0

That was a very good performance tonight. I thought Brittain had his best game for us, Bowns played well too (looked like he pulled up at the end though, which is a concern). But I can't think of anyone who didn’t contribute tonight, one of the best performances of the season for me. I liked the Penny, Brittain and Reid line also, would like to see that given some more time over the next few games.

Earnie

Great result against the Panthers. Level up for our loss in their Arena.
I had a gentleman next to me who was at his first hockey game ever. He didn’t understand half of what was going on but he loved it. Well done Devils and Brittain in particular after his time off with injury.

MA18

Fantastic result and we started to look like a side with a bit of identity that we can play quick hockey and create some great chances. Great to see some depth in the scoring. I know the Panthers were poor but in parts that was a great to watch.
We saw the Bowns of a few seasons ago with some great saves particularly that 1 on 1 in the third. Hopefully nothing major at the end but if it’s even a groin tweak I suspect he won’t be travelling to Belfast. Gutted for him.
Britten enjoyed his goal, hopefully we see a few more from him after a rest.
Reid needs to find his shooting stick soon, if he’s not scoring he’s not doing much else.

Wannabe2

Well that was what we have waited for, to see our team play as they can and let’s hope it rolls over to Sunday. Tonight was a pure tonic after a few dire weeks, we never looked troubled throughout the night and always looked a threat. Sunday will be a massive test for the lads, a huge 2 points up for grabs so let’s see if the boys are up for facing the best, or are also rans.

Rempel16

That was an excellent performance tonight, the whole team to a man was very good. The powerplay was cohesive, the team defence was there, and Bowns had a great game.

Martin, Cox and Sanford looked like they’d clicked tonight, they carved some beautiful chances for each other.

Crandall looked like he was firing and Batch looked a completely different player following his goal Wednesday. These two were clearly running short on confidence.

A mention though has to go to Riley Brandt. We all love his tenacity and the big hits, but that shift he put in for Davies’ goal was possibly his best in a Devils jersey…

He showed just how much more there is to his game and his hockey IQ is very high. His shift started in the offensive zone he dropped to the blue line when the d man pinched, and he prevented the puck leaving the zone as a result…

Then 15 seconds later he was in his own zone and he read the play beautifully to break up the Panthers offense down low. He could have line changed there but instead he drove with the puck, back into the Panthers zone, held off a player and made a superb pass for his line mate to score.

Classic example of playing not where the puck is but where it’s going to be.

Sign him to a 10 year deal please.

Gavevs88

Fantastic performance tonight, we look to be finally clicking as a team. Penny is getting better with every game, Brittain had his best game as a Devil and Cox looked dangerous all game. Bownsy stood on his head and even the PP looked good, just didn't manage to get it in the net. Let's hope this is the start of a run of form and not just a very average panthers side.

Diablo3

Got to say I agree with all of the above. Great performance by the whole team, carried on where they left off on Wednesday. Also I nailed the score before it started, but then that was a bit tongue in cheek :)

If we manage to carry that over to Belfast we have a chance.

lloyd_jeff

Great to see confidence returning and a more relaxed team getting basics right, boost we needed come Sunday it’ll be a different beast.

Gough60

Wow 34 posts after an emphatic win over a team that dicked us recently.
A fantastic team performance that deserves far more recognition than 34 posts.
I did ask during the game if we were wearing white tonight because panties played like the team we have been over the past few weeks.
Great to see Brittain back and making an impact.
Bring on Belfast.

BostonBart22

Must say coughler is something else with the energy he puts in game in game out ..really thought he was out of the game after the attempted hit by the boards, but he had a rant on the bench , got on with it and carried on as if nowt happened. Must say the officials played there part for a change and it showed hogarth is probably #1 on the circuit, can we have more of him please it seemed to rub on to the other officials last night as well.

Hockeymad

Wow 34 posts after an emphatic win over a team that dicked us recently.
A fantastic team performance that deserves far more recognition than 34 posts.
I did ask during the game if we were wearing white tonight because panties played like the team we have been over the past few weeks.
Great to see Brittain back and making an impact.
Bring on Belfast.
Exactly my point. Always has been like this.

So glad the boys are winning again. Never doubted them.

If we lose Sunday you watch this forum erupt.

moggy#9

That was an excellent performance tonight, the whole team to a man was very good. The powerplay was cohesive, the team defence was there, and Bowns had a great game.

Martin, Cox and Sanford looked like they’d clicked tonight, they carved some beautiful chances for each other.

Crandall looked like he was firing and Batch looked a completely different player following his goal Wednesday. These two were clearly running short on confidence.

A mention though has to go to Riley Brandt. We all love his tenacity and the big hits, but that shift he put in for Davies’ goal was possibly his best in a Devils jersey…

He showed just how much more there is to his game and his hockey IQ is very high. His shift started in the offensive zone he dropped to the blue line when the d man pinched, and he prevented the puck leaving the zone as a result…

Then 15 seconds later he was in his own zone and he read the play beautifully to break up the Panthers offense down low. He could have line changed there but instead he drove with the puck, back into the Panthers zone, held off a player and made a superb pass for his line mate to score.

Classic example of playing not where the puck is but where it’s going to be.

Sign him to a 10 year deal please.
Agreed, particularly about Brandt. The guy has become the beating heart of the team.