Devils Vs Stars - CC 1/4 Final 2nd Leg - 19th Jan 22

Mazzoak

Well that was a decent performance. Brandt mentioned he was introduced to Cardiff Devils via his Agent who has ties to Cardiff, l think a huge round of applause should be given to that person. The change in recruitment style I’m sure is down to this, agents and scouts are often forgotten by fans, yet can play a crucial part of a teams development. I think Brandt is going to shape into a pretty decent player, certainly not going to set any point records. Definitely a player who can help turn a game around just by getting in players faces, I think we are over hyping his physical game and not giving him the credit he deserves. He’s for sure going to attract the attention of refs and most of Sheffield’s players, l think he can handle that without gaining huge penalty numbers.

Can‘t wait to get back into the arena to watch in person, this end of season could be a very exciting roller ride and next season, it’ll be an absolute barn storm........

E.D.S.

Hmm a one legged semi against Sheffield? I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Remember the days when they used to just double up the games to be the cup and league rolled in to one. Glad we've moved on from those farcical times. It was embarrassing for the league.

On any given day I think we can beat anyone (but we can also lose badly too). It'll be an interesting game that's for sure.

James

Administrator
Thread starter #144
Remember the days when they used to just double up the games to be the cup and league rolled in to one. Glad we've moved on from those farcical times. It was embarrassing for the league.
I seem to remember us doubling up a league game in Nottingham which was also the second leg of a CC so there was a situation where one of the competition games could be decided in regular time but it might still require extra time for the other to be decided. Absolute bonkers

Devil94

I seem to remember us doubling up a league game in Nottingham which was also the second leg of a CC so there was a situation where one of the competition games could be decided in regular time but it might still require extra time for the other to be decided. Absolute bonkers
That is mental. If you're one goal down on the night but one ahead on aggregate, would you pull the goalie?

Diafol

I make it 6 games behind closed doors:

27 Dec Blaze
1 Jan Flames
5 Jan Storm
16 Jan Flyers
19 Jan Stars
22 Jan Giants

There are supposed to be 32 home games on this season's ST but the playoff QF has been added to replace one of those 6 games in the above list, making 5 missed games.

Unless I'm wrong about last night's game that is.
Was last night supposed to be on the ST ?

Last edited:

BostonBart22

I make it 6 games behind closed doors:

27 Dec Blaze
1 Jan Flames
5 Jan Storm
16 Jan Flyers
19 Jan Stars
22 Jan Giants

There are supposed to be 32 home games on this season's ST but the playoff QF has been added to replace one of those 6 games in the above list, making 5 missed games.

Unless I'm wrong about last night's game that is.
Was last night supposed to be on the ST ?
Yes it was a season tkt game

But how many games are on the season ticket please.
32 Games including 27 League and (5) Challenge Cup Matches. (4 Group Games + CC Quarter Final Game.)
Season Ticket Information on web site states : -ST does not include Pre- season Games, Champions Hockey League Games, Cup Semi Finals, Home Play-Off Game, as ST gives first refusal to buy tickets for the above games
https://www.cardiffdevils.com/tickets/season/

ST holders were given the 2 Pre-Season games this season to make up for missed games the last season played.
If Play-off Quarter-Final is not on ST then there are only 31 games on ST.
Even more confusing was the devils giving ST holders the Play-off Quarterfinal game in lieu of one of the four previously closed doors games, knowing that the Play-off game was going to be held behind closed doors. So ST holders lose out again.

Wannabe2

32 Games including 27 League and (5) Challenge Cup Matches. (4 Group Games + CC Quarter Final Game.)
Season Ticket Information on web site states : -ST does not include Pre- season Games, Champions Hockey League Games, Cup Semi Finals, Home Play-Off Game, as ST gives first refusal to buy tickets for the above games
https://www.cardiffdevils.com/tickets/season/

ST holders were given the 2 Pre-Season games this season to make up for missed games the last season played.
If Play-off Quarter-Final is not on ST then there are only 31 games on ST.
Even more confusing was the devils giving ST holders the Play-off Quarterfinal game in lieu of one of the four previously closed doors games, knowing that the Play-off game was going to be held behind closed doors. So ST holders lose out again.
Why would you think this club would pull a stroke like that, season ticket holders lose out again you say, that’s a real joke,we get refunded for the games we miss, and then get free webcasts so we don’t miss them. Only top class owners do things like that, if you think season ticket holders are losing out on anything with these guys, you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

E.D.S.

Why would you think this club would pull a stroke like that, season ticket holders lose out again you say, that’s a real joke,we get refunded for the games we miss, and then get free webcasts so we don’t miss them. Only top class owners do things like that, if you think season ticket holders are losing out on anything with these guys, you need to wake up and smell the coffee.
Wasn't there vouchers offered for the shop as well as one point? Seriously can't argue with how this ownership group does what it can for the fans.

27 League Games + 4 CC Group Games is only 31 games on ST, not 32 Games If not including CCQF.
Then taking one of the closed door games and transferring to CC QF game that we could not attend is very confusing, and there was no free webcast for CCQF game.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

27 League Games + 4 CC Group Games is only 31 games on ST, not 32 Games If not including CCQF.
Then taking one of the closed door games and transferring to CC QF game that we could not attend is very confusing, and there was no free webcast for CCQF game.
The CCQF was and always is a ST game as previous seasons