Devils Vs Stars - League - 12th Dec 21

Listening to the Two Ales podcasts and so far everyone with a connection to the Devils has spoken of how highly they rate Richie. They talk about him "eating pucks", taking "plenty for the team" and the fact he could have been the captain years ago. These experienced guys and teammates know way more than I do. He's been drafted as an import in foreign leagues due to his ability and is clearly a calming influence. He's Grade A captaincy material if you ask me. Leads by example, role model behaviours and Mr Consistency with performances. He also seems to have the respect of the officials. Let others shout and rant in the changing room. I guarantee you we don't, and have never had, a changing room full of mutes. Nothing worse than listening to someone harp on endlessly and shouting needlessly whilst you want a bit of peace to get yourself together before you play. They are more often than not shouting to get themselves up for it. Annoying but part of the dressing dynamics. Same with the coach. Whilst Skalde is almost mannequin-esque when we play, clearly he's got others around him who do the shouting. I don't think he would have achieved what he has without an innate ability to motivate players. I think its the fact that we're awful and we're micro analysing every element of the Team that we're throwing up different conversation points - Skalde's enthusiasm or Richie as Captain. For me though.... Richie as Captain is no brainer.

Devils14..... "best British defenceman". Absolutely, now and for a good few years.
Not only that, but the equal to any defenceman that ever played in this country if you listen to wannabe2 ;)

Slartibartfast

https://www.eliteleague.co.uk/game/3415-car-dun/tracking
The shot tracking shows that 47% of our shots came from the slot and we did a slightly better job at keeping Dundee to the outside than they did to us. Lots of shots in front of goal also. Looks like we are just not sharp enough around goal.
By the way does anyone know how this tracking is done? Are we talking someone with an ice map and a marker pen or is there some clever technology that Im too old to understand or imagine

Wagstaff

Oh I most certainly get the message and I will not use such language again, but that rule should be for all regardless if you’re abusing a poster or a player. Do you agree?
You should all get on, you are all Devils fans who presumably all want the same thing, I’m the odd man out on here, I’m a Blaze fan, so you can abuse me if you like!
I’m a lot less sensitive than I used to be when I reacted to being called a chav!

Kevlar68

Ahhhh the Devils fan is a peculiar thing Wagstaff, there are fans who are so passionate and loyal to the club through thick and thin that other fans hate , weird i know but you see it all the time on here.

Last edited: