Devils Vs Stars - League - 16th Dec 23 - FO 19:00

MA18

Pete Russell might not like the rough stuff, but it’s crystal clear that the fans still do! The only decent atmosphere all night was at the end of the game when the shenanigans started. I want my Devils team to stand up for each other when the shit hits the fan. Don’t go down that route PR, we don’t want it.
I don’t think his interview is that bad. Although I think some of it is from his own making with the side he’s put together.
I’d rather it happen during the game and not pointlessly at the end where he risk suspensions. He’s got a headache with a few players already out and not knowing what other injuries we picked up or suspensions will follow tomorrow afternoon before a 530pm yet all us fans will be expecting a 4 point weekend and a road win.

MA18

To little to late for attempting to fight after buzzer , where was batch when waller took cross check to back of head who is probably out for few games with concussion , not I player had a word with the offender, we may as well roll over and have our bellies tickled. . If batch done something about the hit on waller he prob get 5 min major..but now fighting after buzzer and believe he was the instigator he will surely get a ban .
Batch isn’t that guy…we don’t have that guy anymore.

Diablo3

Allen was trying all game to get a fight, didn't care who, cheap shots all over the place culminating with a spearing at the end. No wonder Batch took exception. He should get an award for giving Allen some retribution.

Diablo3

Pete Russell might not like the rough stuff, but it’s crystal clear that the fans still do! The only decent atmosphere all night was at the end of the game when the shenanigans started. I want my Devils team to stand up for each other when the shit hits the fan. Don’t go down that route PR, we don’t want it.
Not quite what PR said. He said he wasn't a fan of the stupidity at the end of the game because it will cost us more players with suspensions when we already have a few players out. For me personally I liked that our guys stood up for each other.
Strange shift in attitude from Dundee Stars, who if we asked our fans before the game were probably our fan bases second team. Probably not now.

Devil94

Why would we be the only pro league that requires enforcers these days? Nobody else has them anymore, why would we go backwards when the game has moved on.

MA18

Why would we be the only pro league that requires enforcers these days? Nobody else has them anymore, why would we go backwards when the game has moved on.
While we may not need an enforcer like the ones of old we definitely need some more physicality and the odd bigger body.

We are so passive at the moment, we’ve got some great skilful, quick and agile players and it’s working when we get to play how we want but when we come up against the likes of Allen last night, Long, Lake & Garside at Belfast or some of the Steelers guys we have nothing…It’s not part of Batch’s game, Mosey getting in the mix like last night isn’t going to cut it, we haven’t seen a big Brandt hit for a few weeks.
No way Allen should have been allowed to get away with what he did last night until the 60th minute.

BostonBart22

While we may not need an enforcer like the ones of old we definitely need some more physicality and the odd bigger body.

We are so passive at the moment, we’ve got some great skilful, quick and agile players and it’s working when we get to play how we want but when we come up against the likes of Allen last night, Long, Lake & Garside at Belfast or some of the Steelers guys we have nothing…It’s not part of Batch’s game, Mosey getting in the mix like last night isn’t going to cut it, we haven’t seen a big Brandt hit for a few weeks.
No way Allen should have been allowed to get away with what he did last night until the 60th minute.
Exactly, still fuming no Retribution to the player that levelled waller, even if it was the next shift, few yrs ago it would've been dealt with there and then ..just seen highlights if you can call them that , not a sniff of what went on after final buzzer, all they show is goals when there was much more to the game inc end of game rumble, lots of fans love that sort of thing, and puts buns on seats imo.

What is the point of Batch on the ice? If he isn't going to stand up to that player who nailed Waller? Too little to late once the buzzer goes. He offers nothing if not going to use his size. We need to be looking at a nonsense 6ft+ not goon but someone who is willing to look after our more skilled players.

Also anyone else a little uncomfortable with the Devils reject chant at the end?

I’m not one for calling out the officials but that has to be one of the worst displays I’ve seen in a long time . They play a huge part in letting the game get out of hand . Franny predicted what would happen during the period break interview on the live stream , calling out the intent to injure and the need to control the game . How no one calls the cross check to Wallers head is unbelievable (and worthy of a suspension) .
I also agree with a few of the other posters on here commenting that teams are aware they won’t be held to account so are purposely targeting skilled players and I’ve no doubt the injuries will continue. As for thinking the game has evolved, you only have to watch the NHL to realise that players and teams policing the game themselves still exists. There might not be many out and out enforcers around but accountability and ‘the code’ is still very much present.

MA18

What is the point of Batch on the ice? If he isn't going to stand up to that player who nailed Waller? Too little to late once the buzzer goes. He offers nothing if not going to use his size. We need to be looking at a nonsense 6ft+ not goon but someone who is willing to look after our more skilled players.

Also anyone else a little uncomfortable with the Devils reject chant at the end?
Agree on both counts!

Thought the chant at the end was poor and the sort of behaviour we call out other fan bases for.