Devils Vs steelers - CC 1/4F - 14th Dec 22 - 19:30 FO - Part 2 Spectacular

But at the end of the day our team are shit, you only need a set of eyes to see that. Stats tell you so much and they are usually confusing but if you watch what’s being served up to you and it’s crap, then that tells you all you need to know. We are where we are purely because this team suck.
I realise I'm sticking my neck out here to receive some harsh comments. BUT I think it is derogatory and counter productive to use terms like "shit" and "crap" about our team. I have put many "likes" to your comments in the past. I am just as disappointed as you and probably Todd about the results and quality of several players this year. I think we as fans have the right to pose reasonable questions and suggestions as to how the team and individuals and coaching staff could improve and debate those issues without resorting to just slagging comments. Success in sport has a lot to do with reinforcing confidence. Losing undermines confidence and being labelled as "shit and crap" by their own supporters will definitely undermine confidence.

Kevlar68

I wouldn't say that not being enthused by Dupont was necessarily about his playing. I personally felt that it was far too soon, for him and for the club, for him to be thrown in the deep end. Also during the games he was in charge last season, he did little to change skalde's systems and really didn't show any variation or Innovation in tight spots. I personally think everyone would have been better served with him having at least another year as an assistant. For the club, where it is now, we need a coach who will either get players playing to his system or, if they're not capable of that, find a system that worked with what he has. There doesn't seem to be any signs of him knowing what to do.
I agree, what i wrote sounded better in my head :D I was in a long way round trying to make a comparison with Lord as someone mentioned we gave Lord a chance but Lord had done allot more for us playing than Dupont had and had a much better connection with the fan base, we knew Lord. Dupont played 19 games, then did nothing really and was in the shadows until thrown in the deep end for the CC.

Wannabe2

I realise I'm sticking my neck out here to receive some harsh comments. BUT I think it is derogatory and counter productive to use terms like "shit" and "crap" about our team. I have put many "likes" to your comments in the past. I am just as disappointed as you and probably Todd about the results and quality of several players this year. I think we as fans have the right to pose reasonable questions and suggestions as to how the team and individuals and coaching staff could improve and debate those issues without resorting to just slagging comments. Success in sport has a lot to do with reinforcing confidence. Losing undermines confidence and being labelled as "shit and crap" by their own supporters will definitely undermine confidence.
Sorry to disappoint you buddy but shit and crap about this team is what I see, I ain’t on here to say what I think others may agree with, my views are my views and yours are yours that’s life.

BostonBart22

Another thing why are we paying to house the whole family, surely if players need a job and play the sport they love they should jump at it, didn't one of the Scottish clubs only get players who were un attached to save on costs ..

I see Coventry have signed an extra forward today to add depth to their roster for the remainder of the season!

Zip-a-dee Dudek
Zip-a-Dee-ay
my, oh, my, what a wonderful day!

Last edited:

Wannabe2

But would he have been a upgrade to us, have we someone in the background to finalise, only time will tell. Plenty of hockey still to play if we finish 3-5th hopefully the axe will fall on the ice and off it

Kevlar68

So let’s remember if Dupont is coach next year, it’ll be his 3rd yr in a coaching role for the Devils.
Second year I'd say. First season we don't know how much of an input he had, may have been training on the job and coached full time only 3 weeks at end of season I think it was. So to say next year would be his 3rd year is stretching it a bit.

Kevin roog

He won’t be anywhere near the team next year if the last 2 months of the season are dead rubber games in front of 2000 bored punters with the only positive thing are the new hoodies on sale

august04 2.0

He won’t be anywhere near the team next year if the last 2 months of the season are dead rubber games in front of 2000 bored punters with the only positive thing are the new hoodies on sale
Or bobble hats or Xmas decorations! No highlights or interviews up on Devils Twitter today but they’ll happily sell you these items.

lloyd_jeff

Second year I'd say. First season we don't know how much of an input he had, may have been training on the job and coached full time only 3 weeks at end of season I think it was. So to say next year would be his 3rd year is stretching it a bit.
I don’t want to argue semantics, but it’ll be his 3rd year in a coaching role, assuming he’s here, I’m not so sure he’d want to be. If Skalde had no input into recruitment & got shafted, this season it appears Dupont had no input & now is being shafted, if Dupont has any sense he’d walk just out of pride. Nobody wants to be limited in their job role and then take the hit for poor performance.

JC23

I see Coventry have signed an extra forward today to add depth to their roster for the remainder of the season!
Same player had similar points production to Sam Duggan in the HockeyEttan during the 20/21 season. Albeit with a much smaller sample size due to far less games played.

Rempel16

The guy driving our bus would be an upgrade.
Seriously Mazzoak, make your opinions known, but cut it with the 'we' and 'our' please.

You have already confessed previously that you are not a fan, the Devils are just a convenience as they're most local to you. Unless you've become a fan in the few days between your membership reincarnation...

You're not a fan, so own that fact.

Kevin roog

Funny how mazzoak dedicated her life to this forum , made most threads about herself, didn’t support the team and all of a sudden disappeared, and now the exact similar poster appears , takes over most threads(nothing wrong with that , it’s a public forum) fishy indeed

kingmo19.1

Funny how mazzoak dedicated her life to this forum , made most threads about herself, didn’t support the team and all of a sudden disappeared, and now the exact similar poster appears , takes over most threads(nothing wrong with that , it’s a public forum) fishy indeed
She knew her credibility under the Mazzoak monicker was shot to pieces and nobody took her seriously! Unfortunately for her, the ill feighted rebrand as lloyd_jeff (littered with generalisations and bitterness) is rapidly going the same way!