Devils Vs steelers - League - 26th March 22

moggy#9

Not sure about naming rights benefiting the Devils now the arena is owned by the Council - will they not try and recoup some of their investment?
Fair point. I'd forgotten about that. Knowing the council they'd probably prefer to close us down and turn the rink into a bike shed.

Last night game was dire, their first two goals our d pairings were so far apart on the ice it was unreal, they should have been closer together stopping their man easily strolling through the middle for an easy shot on net, we didn't really put those two small mistakes right. Yes we've only got 4 d , but we played Chl this season against better opposition with 4 d and did better, last night we were outplayed and out coached by a team that wanted it more, but we made it easy for them in front of a sell out crowd, that's a bitter pill for me to swallow, the night for me was summed up when the game was over the hit on Waller was needless, at the start of the season Louis would have gone in and give ellerby a hiding, he couldn't do that last night as to me he looks to be carrying an injury also he'd get kicked out of the game maybe get a ban, then hey ho were down to 3 d against Dundee on Friday, Sheffield are carrying spare imports, with Connolly maybe coming back, is this within the rules, if not why didn't we get a d man in 3/4 weeks ago ? I like all fans love my team and go to games with expectations, I want to win but except that's not a given, but when I feel we don't compete that's unforgivable in my eyes, lasts night our desire wasn't there imo

Wannabe2

I think our desire was there, and our effort was there, but we were beaten by a team that seemed to want it more, we gave it our all and on the night it wasn’t enough. We are a 3rd place team, and we will end up 3rd and rightly so.

BostonBart22

To
Last night game was dire, their first two goals our d pairings were so far apart on the ice it was unreal, they should have been closer together stopping their man easily strolling through the middle for an easy shot on net, we didn't really put those two small mistakes right. Yes we've only got 4 d , but we played Chl this season against better opposition with 4 d and did better, last night we were outplayed and out coached by a team that wanted it more, but we made it easy for them in front of a sell out crowd, that's a bitter pill for me to swallow, the night for me was summed up when the game was over the hit on Waller was needless, at the start of the season Louis would have gone in and give ellerby a hiding, he couldn't do that last night as to me he looks to be carrying an injury also he'd get kicked out of the game maybe get a ban, then hey ho were down to 3 d against Dundee on Friday, Sheffield are carrying spare imports, with Connolly maybe coming back, is this within the rules, if not why didn't we get a d man in 3/4 weeks ago ? I like all fans love my team and go to games with expectations, I want to win but except that's not a given, but when I feel we don't compete that's unforgivable in my eyes, lasts night our desire wasn't there imo
Totally agree, we all know devils are not ones to gas players until boc and deserved but why did we keep dupont on the bench, how many others clubs got 3 coaches on the bench, to me keeping dupont is money down the drain and could've been used for a new D, OK some will say he's contracted for another season, bollocks to that ,as everyone in sport knows contracts are made to be broken ..

Diablo3

To

Totally agree, we all know devils are not ones to gas players until boc and deserved but why did we keep dupont on the bench, how many others clubs got 3 coaches on the bench, to me keeping dupont is money down the drain and could've been used for a new D, OK some will say he's contracted for another season, bollocks to that ,as everyone in sport knows contracts are made to be broken ..
I think we have kept duPont on the bench this year as a learning exercise, with a view to him maybe replacing Franny next year. (not that I think Franny has done anything wrong, but he is director of hockey too)

ASHIPP

To

Belfast have got Head Coach Keefe and 3 Assistant coaches.

Kevin roog

Shit or bust for the playoffs for us now(obvious statement I know) we win or heroic failure like challenge cup and it’s a decent season all things considered, or is it going to be Dundee 6 devils 1 (we came out flat) first leg play off quarters and we go out winning 4 nil at home in second leg , could be either the way this season has gone

moggy#9

To

There's something seriously wrong if Dupont is back in any sort of playing capacity next season.

Kevlar68

If Dupont is on our coaching bench couldn't they have played him with all these injuries? Is he still available to play? At the end of the day it's a body on the ice.

BostonBart22

If Dupont is on our coaching bench couldn't they have played him with all these injuries? Is he still available to play? At the end of the day it's a body on the ice.
That was my point in an earlier post, could they still de register him and bring in replacements when he was on coaching duties, just doesn't make sense to me and probably other fans ...are we insured for injured players ?