Devils Vs Steelers - League - 3rd Jan 24 - FO 19:30

Devils86

You don't have to resort to suggestions of impropriety on Steelers part for them to be better than us. The devils can't even string two accurate passes together. That's the same problem we've had for the last couple of seasons. Perhaps PR should be doing some peewee level passing drills.
True - on reflection don't need to stoop to that level but frustration etc at paying to watch such rubbish.

This Steelers side would give last season's Giants a good game.

There are no words to describe how badly Devils have been. The silence from Block 13 underlined how flat that arena is.

Hedd Wyn John

Neil Francis is imo delusional. He says PR won't be happy and he will challenge his team. What utter bullshit. This will be the third bad loss on the trot. Has he not been annoyed with the team so far. Clearly the team has no respect for him, because nothing changes.
Sheffield are just a better side all round, you can't turn a bunch of players who weren't good enough to win the league these last 2 years into players that are good enough by challenging them.

We need a clear out this season.

moggy#9

Would he want to come back?

& as much as I'd love to see him back- he'd be a huge asset, netminding is not our issue this season. Our problems are everywhere else except netminding.
That's fair, however I think you build from solid netminding and we've not had a consistent 1-2 punch, though bowns has put up some excellent performances.

BostonBart22

PR disinterested on the bench, think he's given up, no time out, no gk replacement , let's just drop our heads and prob lose 8..1 even todd not there , prob skiing in France, a lot left after 2 periods including myself, no doubt I will see the season out ,but lots gotta change for next season b4 they get my money, hoping no increase of season tkts, that will be the final straw for me if they go up with others no doubt, just saying..

moggy#9

Francis just commented that he didn't think that the devils had dinner that much wrong. It was just that the Steelers had been clinical.

I honestly don't know what game he's been watching.

PR disinterested on the bench, think he's given up, no time out, no gk replacement , let's just drop our heads and prob lose 8..1 even todd not there , prob skiing in France, a lot left after 2 periods including myself, no doubt I will see the season out ,but lots gotta change for next season b4 they get my money, hoping no increase of season tkts, that will be the final straw for me if they go up with others no doubt, just saying..
I also left after period 2. Never done that before, but just too embarrassing to watch.

jenks33

So, you think that both bowns and wall are both better that carruth? Because that's the point I'm making.
He’s better than Bowns and Wall but surely it’s no secret that Carruth left because he’s a bit of a marmite character in the dressing room (to put it kindly). I’ve always said I don’t care how good you are, if half the locker room don’t like you then bye bye.

moggy#9

He’s better than Bowns and Wall but surely it’s no secret that Carruth left because he’s a bit of a marmite character in the dressing room (to put it kindly). I’ve always said I don’t care how good you are, if half the locker room don’t like you then bye bye.
Yes, but why did some dislike him? I wonder whether it was because he called out those who don't work hard enough.

OJLloyd2

How are we still second?

I’ve said several times that the D-core is poorly put together. Wilde not what we’d hoped for, others just unable to defend and/or play out from the back.

I’d maybe keep one for next season. But he wouldn’t still be captain.

AJ73

How are we still second?

I’ve said several times that the D-core is poorly put together. Wilde not what we’d hoped for, others just unable to defend and/or play out from the back.

I’d maybe keep one for next season. But he wouldn’t still be captain.
Don’t want to sound like I’m fawning over ex-players but we haven’t replaced Register or Mikkelson for my money. Big game temperaments - you can’t coach that.

jenks33

Yes, but why did some dislike him? I wonder whether it was because he called out those who don't work hard enough.
I spoke to a current Devil at a bbq last summer and let’s just say he wasn’t a fan of carruth. And he wasn’t the only one. Let’s be honest he was such a quality goalie + he wanted to stay. Only reason he left was because he wasn’t popular with more than a few players. I don’t really care why he wasn’t popular, if half of my roster don’t like the guy there’s no way I’m keeping him. I’m not Kelman’s biggest fan but I’m 100% with him regarding carruth

moggy#9

Enough is enough. Russell has to go
I'm not ready to call for him to go - yet. I still think that a lot of our problems are due to attitude problems with the players, and their inability to execute the basics.

That said, his intransigence around physicality is giving me doubts.

jenks33

I'm not ready to call for him to go - yet. I still think that a lot of our problems are due to attitude problems with the players, and their inability to execute the basics.

That said, his intransigence around physicality is giving me doubts.
Russell should be given the summer to recruit his roster. I hope we are a bit more cutthroat with that recruitment though. Aaron fox was seen as a bit of a joke before this season and now look at Sheffield. Russell definitely deserves a second season for me