Devils Vs Zemgale - Conti Cup - 20th Nov 22 - 19:00 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
HK_Zemgale-LLU_logo.png
In our third and final match of the weekend we face off against Latvian side HK Zemgale who play in both the Latvian league and second tier in Finland. Remember due to the earlier game this starts an hour later than our usual Sunday games

Pembo

Have tickets for this one but not travelling up as relatively dead rubber and trying to save on fuel costs (can use the cash saved later in season!). Has been a fun change of pace from the league and I’m glad we hosted. Sounds like Todd and the team have put a lot of hard work into it so shame that haven’t had more footfall but hopefully club have made enough to be in net positive financially.

lloyd_jeff

Maybe Todd will realise that fans come to watch the EIHL, the majority don’t care about competition from Europe. It’s shows a lack of understanding of your market place, particularly made worse when Todd seems to market the game as a social event for people who’s interest in hockey is secondary.

James

Administrator
Thread starter #4
I disagree. People come for the hockey. I’ve known plenty of people who are not regulars turn up for a game and not even know who we’re playing. Why did our chl games sell out if that was the case. More likely it’s a combination of 3 nights on a trot during a massive economic downturn and a poor run of domestic form. If the club had been able to push a single game heavily (or all of them singly) rather than as a package the crowd would have been larger.

It's a shame it hasn't been better attended, but it's not detracted from the games themselves and it's been good to see broadly comparative teams in some competitive matchups.

The early games have been sparsely attended but theres been an ok show up for the evenings. Maybe not quite on par with some of the pre season friendlies but not far off

Gough60

May be sparsely attended but those that have turned up are...
1. Hockey fans
2. Devils fans
3. Creating a better atmosphere in the rink than a sold out Friday/Saturday night as of late.
I agree that 3 games on the bounce does stretch finances especially for families wishing to attended.
It has taken away the "out on the lash" & "do the flying V" watcher.
So far I have enjoyed the hockey and whilst Todd is keen to host I do fancy a trip to France, Italy, Slovakia or possibly Poland.

May be sparsely attended but those that have turned up are...
1. Hockey fans
2. Devils fans
3. Creating a better atmosphere in the rink than a sold out Friday/Saturday night as of late.
I agree that 3 games on the bounce does stretch finances especially for families wishing to attended.
It has taken away the "out on the lash" & "do the flying V" watcher.
So far I have enjoyed the hockey and whilst Todd is keen to host I do fancy a trip to France, Italy, Slovakia or possibly Poland.
Totally agree. I've been here for the duration and the travelling fans have brought the noise.

Chris

Administrator
Maybe Todd will realise that fans come to watch the EIHL, the majority don’t care about competition from Europe. It’s shows a lack of understanding of your market place, particularly made worse when Todd seems to market the game as a social event for people who’s interest in hockey is secondary.
Being that I don't see a lot of the marketing from the club these days, could you point me in the direction of these adverts that don't prioritise the ice hockey?

Or just links to the facebook/twitter articles would be fine.

Thanks.

BostonBart22

I seen the first 2 games and the devils performance was outstanding in both atmosphere on a par with a sellout and others would vouch for that , unfortunately can't make tonight as working, a face off time as normal on a Sunday I would've gone, but I was so glad I seen the games last 2 days, a great spectacle by all teams.

moggy#9

Well the devils seem to have woken up a bit after a few incidents. I wonder if zemgale feel they're getting embarrassed it might turn nasty.